What's his legacy and how do Americans remember him and his presidency?

What's his legacy and how do Americans remember him and his presidency?

I don't like him that much but 90% of arguments against him are muh watergate which was blown way out of proportion

The last good president we had. He was wise to the Jews.

nixon was awesome sauce the commies fucked him hard

Kissinger says you're wrong, goy.

He ended the gold standard and gave control over money supply to the bankers

no it wasn't blown way out of proportion
he was so arrogant that was always saying he is not guilty till his death
fucking recucklicans

he wanted to nuke vietnam.

trash.

A brilliant man. Slave morality cucks itt are angry about muh watergate. And then they'll go on to praise John "I bought every vote" Kennedy

Got fucked harder for spying on one room than Bush and Obama did for spying on the whole world.

Started the EPA and a bunch of other progressive bullshit programs.

Had the most effective VP of all time - Ford had Senate in palm of his hands.

Remembered for Watergate, but he was actually pretty liberal for a Republican. He probably accomplished more as Eisenhower's VP (Eisenhower only handled the war stuff, basically everything else was the doing of Nixon or other appointees). I think he did a lot of cucked shit, but I give him credit for starting the process of opening up China. Even though I'm conservative, starting the EPA wasn't a bad idea on its own.

>le nixon is bad meme

Master of foreign policy, swore a lot, thought he was above the law though. If he was given the Clinton special treatment he would never of had to leave office.

Yeah, he was still more ethical than the Clintons and their buddies. When he lost against Kennedy in 1960 by a razor-thin margin, and there were reports of voter fraud against him, he didn't make a big deal over it because he didn't want to make the USA look bad. Gore obviously changed that.

“Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

only difference that watergate was proved by investigation and jfk bought votes is just conspiracy bs
kill yourself please

Underrated as fuck.

He was arrogant, but eavesdropping on opposition is not something that should ruin a politician's legacy.

He was bad for many other things.

This

>Expanded welfare for the poor
>Wanted to withdraw from Vietnam
>Opposed the gold standard

The last decent Republican imo

And let's not forget that Nixon actually tried to help the Dems for part of Watergate, by burying Pentagon Papers-related stuff. Not that I'm a fan of bipartisan establishment collusion against the people, but it's not like he was this evil guy thwarting American democracy and shit like some people think he was.

>only difference that watergate was proved by investigation
Yes, because it was properly investigated.
> jfk bought votes is just conspiracy bs
lol

>Expanded welfare for the poor
>Opposed the gold standard
Enjoy that petrodollar, cuck :^)

Also
>Began to normalize relations with China, bringing the middle class affordable luxury goods

The real cucks are the poorfag blue collar trumptards

He didn't spy on any room. His staffers did. And when they told him he was like "wtf. Don't get caught" and that ended up being construed as ordering a cover up.

He voluntarily resigned over it.

>made mistake.
>owned up to it.
>punished self for it.
>Democrats still won't let go. Probably mentally deficient.

most redpilled president.

>opening up China
This is always my second thought about Nixon.

He's the last president to really give a shit about the common man of America.

>You know it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it's because most of them are psychiatrists, you know, there's so many, all the greatest psychiatrists are Jewish.

> mfw: I read that in his voice...

People didn't know Nixon was a crook before they voted for him.

People know that both Hillary and Trump are both crooked in their own despicable ways and yet will still vote for them.

Because having investment growth 3x-4x inflation is bad? Does your trailer park get broadband yet?

On a phone call with Henry Kissinger, Nixon was concerned that the Jews would sabotage an upcoming U.S.-Soviet summit—and if they did, he said, “it’s gonna be the worst thing that happened to Jews in American history.” On another call, Nixon says he wants to fire his then-aide and lawyer, Leonard Garment, yelling “God damn his Jewish soul!” And in an Oval Office meeting, Nixon said that black people couldn’t run Jamaica. “Blacks can’t run it. Nowhere, and they won’t be able to for a hundred years, and maybe not for a thousand ...Do you know, maybe one black country that’s well run?” What sort of appointees would Nixon prefer, you ask? “No Jews. We are adamant when I say no Jews.”

>Began process of opening up China

Leading to the destruction of America's manufacturing industry.

Looking at it through a non-Marxist lens, Nixon's Presidency wasn't all that bad. His biggest mistake was having Henry Kissinger on his cabinet. But, lib media portrays Nixon as a Literally Hitler, so the majority of the public hates him for reasons they can't explain.

You faggots are the worst. American manufacturing only took off because after WW2 the entirety of Europe was smoking rubble and Japan was glowing rubble. Manufacturing infrastructure takes decades to implement, and surprise, the world became competitive with the US in the 80s.

Funny how this """argument""" is always made by people driving Corollas and Accords.

Is Nixon low-key the greatest President ever?

>radically expanded welfare
>shilled hard for affirmative action
>proposed (and fortunately failed) a proto-obamacare reform
>started the war on drugs
>ended the gold standard
>established the petrodollar
>increasing federal government power
I liked his foreign policy and ending compulsory draft though

holy fuck, everyone ignores this post ?

Nixon is Americas most underrated president
>opened diplomatic relations with China
>ended vietnam
>clean water act
>clean air act
>BTFO hippy scum

No, it's just that economic policy wonks realize that the Fed is controlled by the public and that the market stabilization experiment it was responsible for has been a tremendous success.

He was an intelligent man who had mostly good ideas on how to fix the country, but was a crooked, paranoid asshole.

Basically Hillary Clinton if Hillary Clinton was competent and meant well.

Probably doesn't deserve the smearing that he got(and still gets).

fuck honestly if we brought these people here as refugees they might be living the same life. Hunted by blacks and everything

kek, I can't believe that was actually a real slogan

Got jfk assassinated

A piece of shit.