Why was there never a female green Lantern before?

Why was there never a female green Lantern before?

There are tons, fuck off

There have been plenty
Or do you specifically mean "human female"?

no one wants to work with human females

No one fucking talks like that. And there are tons of female GL's.

Female lead Green Lantern. Katma Tui was never exactly the lead protagonist.

There was. They were just aliens or humans from alternate universes (like Hal's niece).

>I can be Green Lantern

When did the Lantern Corps become an attainable thing?

Post like these always give me a hearty chuckle

goalpost move, the post

>i can be green lantern
a fucking mathmatical formula was a green lantern
step up you fucking 6 year old casual
also jade was a green lantern from earth so even "w-w-well i meant from earth" is wrong
also basically this woman is a reformed mass murderer isn't she?

Yeah lets make Jess 100x less interesting by making her a dime a dozen GL. Fuck man go back to the Power Ring stuff

But Jade was.

She's headlined multiple teams and co-starred in Kyle's book to some degree.

There's also Soranik. There are plenty of awesome female Green Lanterns.

There have been a few of those too.

There were plenty of female green Lanterns, and I assure you a child most likely did not say that.

Also girls are probably going to be more into Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl because those are the ones DC is pushing

>that image
BULL
FUCKING
SHIT

This. Hell, a little girl is more likely to say they want to be Carol, or even marry Hal. (Or Sinestro, if they are one of those).

Fine:
A female Green Lantern, staring as the lead or a major character in a series who is taken seriously, without being e.g. female alternate universe.

Now you have the spirit of the desire, and not just the letter.

there was Jailbait, but I don't think she's been relevant in a long time

There has.

Jessica was better as Power Ring

I'll take things that never happened for $500

this is exactly why men are natural leaders and women aren't. They're incapable of doing something for the first time. They have to be shown that someone else did it first or else they doubt themselves into passivity.

Jessica was a scared woman who couldn't leave her apartment until Power Ring's ring found her. She wasn't guilty of any crimes, as far as I remember.

Fucking this. A better look, and the possessed ring was a good dynamic.

Have you read the green lanterns rebirth?

>or even marry Hal. (Or Sinestro, if they are one of those).
You know I can see those type of girls that are into the Loki thing but want a DC variant would go for a Sinestro. I don't even know why I thought that

>the GL is the only one of the Crime Syndicate to survive
>also get his own solobook

Johns is a hack

>666 retweets

>also basically this woman is a reformed mass murderer isn't she?

I haven't finished Darkseid War yet so unless something happened there the answer is no.

Jessica is an agoraphobic who is struggling day-to-day to just leave the house. She's not exactly the female empowerment character sites like Tumblr tend to latch to. She actually has flaws and a personality. The stuff between her and Flash was great and I was really hoping she'd stay with Johns for the time being.

I swear if Dogfucker screws her over I'm going to be pissed. I really liked what Johns was doing with her. I'd rather she have kept Volthoom though. That was part of what made her compelling.

>6yo
She watches TTG and likes Those, more likely.

This.
Children don't buy comics. Not at that age, not in this age.

Little girls should emulate Jessica 2bqh. She's /k/, Sup Forums, and /x/

Her daughter's a casual faggot. There is literally nothing stopping her from being a Green Lantern other than the will she probably doesnt have

thats what i wasn't sure of, i know power ring made her do her evil shit, but i didn't really know how much the world did or didn't consider it "her"

I miss Jade.

yo
>She watches TTG and likes Those, more likely.
Isn't Super Hero Girls a thing for kids around that age range

Nice bait.

> Loki

Half of Loki's appeal is being pretty, though, Sinestro varies wildly between artists. He's more the "DILF that will tie me to a chair even on a good day" than "pretty bad boy I can fix".

I'm so glad that Silk is the first Asian Superhero.

sexism, what else.

That's fair, maybe he is more just for the people wanting a specific type of fetish

Translation: I made my daughter read this and then asked if she wanted to be green lantern

I remember playing superheroes as a kid. The girls always played as Wonder Woman, Storm, Supergirl, Jean Grey, etc. I don't know why in the last five years people pretend this was never a thing.

Remember when Kamala was called the first Muslim superhero? Remember when fucking A-Force was called the first all female team?

True.

>Half of Loki's appeal is being pretty, though
He's only been pretty since Siege ended.

Supergirl's outfit is so cute, holy fuck

>Translation: I made my daughter read this and then asked if she wanted to be green lantern

kek she didn't even read it

99% of the time tweets like this never fucking happened

>another fucking human lantern
>it's fine when GL keeps adding pointless characters

And nobody was attracted to him before

Loki having fangirls exploded with MCU, and he's considered good looking in that. Previously, he has the regular amount of them.

Tons, it's just DC doesn't really advertise anything that's not directly tied to Batman

with this logic does this mean I can say I can be a Green Lantern because Baz is Lebanese ?

Is my nephew supposed to say he can be Robin, because of Damian

This is stupid

>It's a "My 6 yeard old daughter said something that perfectly alings with what I believe in" episode

>have such shitty superhero women that you resort to including Harley and fucking Ivy

classic move by DC

They didn't even kill one off temporary this time like with Baz!

>wanting a specific type of fetish

Sinestro has "domination fetish" and "gay shipping" written all over him, so yes.

Kamala was the first with a solo at Marvel.
Which is something, I guess.
And there were only two important characters before her, so it's not quite as outlandish as this GL wank.

>99%

Well, someone is generous today.

>DC makes DC Superhero Girls

are all disniggers this stupid?

i mean im sure 1% of the time some retarded little child said "ME LIKE GREEN LANTERN" on daddys lap, but you have to be pretty retarded to like modern green lantern anyway

why are there so many of these dopey children whore somber about pretending to be in fiction

>hurr company wars im so swag

My 6yo daughter quietly looked over my shoulder and said "Why don't I exist?" and I had to tell her she didn't exist because her mommy doesn't exist.

>that twitter
I'll take "Imaginary children supporting my liberal agenda" for $400, Alex.

Oracle was a Green Lantern for a while.

>The girls wanted to be Jean Grey.

Well that's cool. Did they pretend to throw stuff with their minds or what?

>You're gay, and you're gay, and you're gay!

I love the idea of "from the mouth of babes, truth"

Because the people who invoke it basically admit their opinions are so simple and naive they can be shared by children

>O...oh no! I got caught both being retarded AND trying to start a company war!
>B...better try to throw up a smokescreen and blame the other side!

classic mouseketeer

No she wasn't. That was one elseworld

That wasn't a lead or major thing though.

The answer is Jade.

>Co-starred in Green Lantern
>Lead The Outsiders
>Major member of Infinity Inc
>Featured in Brightest Day
>Member of the JSA and JLA

I really don't understand why she isn't somehow part of the New 52. She was the female face of the GL family for about 10 years before her death.

Well, kids say fucked up shit all the time. They just never understand what it means.

>small child even forming a thought about a DC hero that isn't Batman

I'll take "never ever" for 500.

>Captain Hydra reveal
>Hurr I told my brother what ,Marvel did to his FAVORITE character and he's LITERALLY in tears right now also did I mention my auntie twice removed is jewish?

I remember girls fighting over who got to be Rogue.

They'd throw shit and say they were using their mental powers.

>tfw used to pretend to be cyclops so I could mack on the qt girls playing jean

To be fair in this case it's less from the mouth of babes and more what they're striving for however it's still kinda dumb because the Lantern relaunch isn't a kids book is it?
Yeah she's inspired to be a GL now for some reason but she's not actually who the book is for and it's doubtful her dad will let her read it.

the fiends!

>I really don't understand why she isn't somehow part of the New 52.
They nuked most of the JSA legacies and her dad was too young to have an adult daughter

also gay

>She was the female face of the GL family for about 10 years before her death.
That really doesn't mean much

Why not? It's not like white kids have anyone to look up to at Marvel.

The problem with all this shit and the reason why all this shit is happening is because cape comics were supposed to be for teenage boys like a lot of comics in Japan

The thing is Japan has a thriving industry for girls as well as boys

In america we don't have this, so now you have a bunch of autistic college aged girls whining about comics that aren't necessarily meant for them and competing with college aged boys for control

In a just world these two groups would just go off and have ugly babies together, but the world isn't just

>I can be Green Lantern
>No, they're a fictional origination. What did I tell you about confusing fantasy with reality? Go to your room and think about how disappointed I am in you right now.

I seem to remember Green Lantern being a rather violent as fuck book

The Red Lanterns alone are pretty rough. They spit incoherent masses of acid blood for their super power, and the cat's past is being an abused best friend of a murdered old lady or something

Or fucking Saint Walker's fucked up past.

>Iron Man
>Spiderman

The two biggest Marvel heroes. They're also white guys.

Now get out.

It doesn't mean much but it really should.

She was always somewhere important during her time alive.

I'm glad they didn't remove her connection to her father but at the same time I'm still a bit shocked they didn't since they had just gone through all the trouble of bringing her back.

Then again that was Johns doing and Johns didn't want to reboot.

OP was just being sarcastic and aliens don't count

>holy shit that fucked up Whor drawing

Where is the lightning going? What the fuck, is her arm backwards or somethinig?

>Teenage boys
They were made for children. Then just boys.

why not?

>Iron Man
>big

In comics he's a fucking nobody.

>Spider-man
Replaced with a black kid.

Why does this sector need another green lantern?

Nigga you should look up the one with the chick who read Captain America comics to her great grandmother who had the downs or something

>Where is the lightning going?
thats mjolnir spinning in a circle
her arm is raised above her head, palm side forward and bending normally

shes spinning the hammer and her arm is behind her body in a throwing position

Oh I remember. It's rediculousm her grandma (if she's even real) doesnt give a shit

Yeah whatever

The point is they've gone on without end and now we have autistic womanchildren demanding to know why these things which have been around forever don't cater to them

tbqh if marvel and dc had ignored them then maybe they might have turned their attentions to indie comics and allowed for a diversification of the industry but since they embraced the bullshit the industry remains shit

Those are just the most popular. There are much better heroes they could have used.

Green Lantern Corps got pretty horrific, too. I'm sure we all remember Kryb. Or when the rookie Lanterns were rained with the eyeballs of their murdered family members.

Though some kids might think that stuff is cool, honestly.

spiderman was not replaced by a black kid he now has a protege why do people think this why would they think this pete still has a comic

Comics are NOT made for children anymore. The youngest audience right now is maybe Hellcat, Kamala and Squirrel Girl, which have a Middle School-College age range, but that's it.

Kids are much, much, MUCH more interested in the MCU heroes than the comic heroes, and I can't say I blame them. No little kid in his right mind likes Miles Morales, they like Peter Parker, and most of them will point to Andrew Garfield/Drake Belle/Tom Holland instead of whatever crap Slott shits out.

tl;dr comics have virtually zero audience now besides die hard fans, teenage girls and people that fall for controversies

I believe someone like this would teach her daughter to say things like that in response to certain cues, whether they know it or not. It may have actually happened. But not meaningfully.