Was Copernicus polish or german?

was Copernicus polish or german?

He was Greek.

I learned he is Polish in class

we can share him, just like I do with my wife.

>There survive a few documents written by Copernicus in German. The German philosophy professor Martin Carrier mentions this as a reason to consider Copernicus's native language to have been German.[34] Other arguments for German being Copernicus's native tongue are that he was born in a predominantly German-speaking city and that, while studying canon law at Bologna in 1496, he signed into the German natio (Natio Germanorum)—a student organization which, according to its 1497 by-laws, was open to students of all kingdoms and states whose mother-tongue was German

I learned he was polish

For some people, it is really hard to give one definite answer.

Best example: Marie Curie
She married and lived in France, but was actually born in Russia. So was she Russian or French? Hard to say

He was a greek.

he was a faggot

so both

i'm not falling for this bait my friend

>The Thirteen Years' War ended in 1466 with the Second Peace of Thorn, in which the Teutonic Order ceded their control over the city to Poland.

>Nicolaus Copernicus was born on 19 February 1473 in the city of Thorn (modern Toruń)

You tell me.

>Kopernik's Y-DNA haplogroup, R1b L51, is found in southern Poland (in Silesia, where his father came from), but not in Germany or Austria.[147] The surname Kopernik is typically Polish, with its suffix -nik, indicating an occupation (e.g. cukiernik, "confectioner", or górnik, "miner"); while Koper- may refer to koprowina, an old Polish term for the Latin "cuprum" ("copper"}. The surname Kopernik is now found in Poland in 130 persons, and in Germany in only 22, mostly Polish immigrants to Germany.[148][149] No Polish texts by Copernicus survive due to the rarity of Polish literary language before the writings of the Polish Renaissance poets Mikołaj Rej and Jan Kochanowski (educated Poles had generally written in Latin); but it is known that Copernicus knew Polish on a par with German and Latin.

He had Polish father, German mother. Fought against Germans with Poles.

So take a guess.

Lol you guys are pathetic

not g*rman confirmed

hrvatski ili srpski?

Tesla doesnt look like slavic last name at all

german

>that faggot hairstyle
french

Kopernicus je Srbija

both

Ethnically both, but at heart Polish.

having g*rman mother doesn't make you g*rman.

just ugly

Most famous "Germans" turn out to be Polish nationals just like this guy.

jasne, zapraszam, poczytaj to, dostaniesz raka