With X-men Apocalypse getting 400m world wide (and still with time left) it seems the franchise is one of Fox's...

With X-men Apocalypse getting 400m world wide (and still with time left) it seems the franchise is one of Fox's strongest. It will make more than other franchise films fox has made, so it's obvious the series will continue. We are bound to see more. We know deadpool 2 and wolverine 3 are on the way. What are your hopes for the future films in the franchise? What do you hope is dropped?

Rumor is x-men 7 (working title as apocalypse was the 6th) may end up being "new mutants" instead of it's own film.

Gambit also may be crossed over with deadpool, leading to an X-force film.

Who will play Gambit?

My choice is Amadeus Serafini, he is pure Gambit in the Scream TV show.

aren't they using Jackie Channing Taters

Next X-Men movie is Phoenix

I thought Taylor Kitsch did a fine job as Gambit, shame they're going with Channing.

It probably has to do with Channing being popular among dames

>Apocalypse getting 400m world wide (and still with time left)

>it seems the franchise is one of Fox's strongest.

It may very well pass First Class to have the 7th best domestic performance for an X-Men film. Maybe. It's already dropped to a laughable $22 million in it's second weekend.

Just terrible.

>everything is terrible
of course user

Given that the movie got royally crapped in reviews, I am amazed that they performed that good. It would be funny if against all odds, the movie ended up with a decent performance.

This thing is on pace to make half it's expected box office.
That's not strong by any measure. Sony started panicking about Spider-man's future when it was grossing 50% more than Apocalypse is going to earn.

Honestly, it should get more world wide than First Class, it was a much better movie.

20ish million is what Civil War brought in week 5.
what do you consider decent?
600 million is pretty bad for a film that cost a quarter of a billion dollars to produce.

Apocalypse was a major step down from the last two movies.

400mil is not bad after two weeks. I do wonder if it reaches 600mil.

>comparing hype machine to modest X-Men
dude, I don't expect X-Men to make billion.
600 millions would be really good, considering the budget (178mil + around 100mil marketing).
For X-Men, any movie making more than 400 mils is really good.

Also, is it true that the movie is the first X-Men movie to open in china?

Only if you hate comics

Why does that guy get cast so often by the way?

I haven't watched many movies with him and I don't know how he is an actor since we watch our movies dubbed here. But he comes across as very dull to me, with quite the potato face to boot.
I remember Gambit from the 90s cartoon as a tall, slender and charming dude. I remember some fan castings for him a few years ago, now those were beautiful and charismatic men, n-no homo.

The studio return on foreign box office is a fraction of the 2 opening weeks in domestic theaters. Movies swim or drown in the first two weeks domestically. This thing doesn't seem likely to surpass it's production budget domestically, and that's considered a failure.

What happened to Angel btw?

Crashed with the plane.
NO SURVIVORS

Yeah, that would kinda suck, considering that the movie deserved better performance.

But then again, the movie has worse reviews than Last Stand, which is bullshit. Apparently, RT can influence greatly english-speaking countries.

It would be hilarious, if internationally, the movie was one of franchises' biggest success.

It mostly looks like USA is bored with the X-Men, while the rest of the world quite the opposite. But that's fine by me.

Just opening in the Chinese market guarantees it bigger international box office.
So that wouldn't be anything particularly special, honestly.

>Earning millions is not special.
wew, lad

I am aware that Disney considered AoU a failure, but fox is not disney. Albeit a little overhaul would be refreshing.

Domestic is where it matters bruh

Apocalypse will break even at best

Apocalypse has a long way to catch DofP.
And it's losing momentum very quickly.

DofP outgrossed Winter Soldier and Man of Steel.

OPENING IT IN THE CHINESE MARKET to get millions isn't special. The emphasis is on the china market.

I don't think it will make more than DOFP, honestly.
I want it to make enough to continue

It has absolutely no chance of catching DoFP at this point.

THEN WHY IT'S THE FIRST TIME X-MEN OPEN IN CHINESE MARKET?

I can use caps lock too.

DoFP opened in China.

1. 2. Because you missed the point the first time.

Which is what I said as well?

It did? Noice.

As did The Wolverine.
First Class did not.
The original X-films opened in China, but that was back when China was full of poorfags and you could expect maybe a couple million in box office.

DoFP and The Wolverine did substantial box office in China. DoFP did 40ish million I think, Wolverine 30?

Pretty cool.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 did 95 million in China.

I'm not sure they can get much more milage out of Jackman, unless they go for a future/old wolverine arc.

And? I don't look at other franchises. It's nice that ASM2 did well in China. I only care about well-being on X-Men. If it gets better, than it gets better. If it doesn't get better, then I'm curious how much it will make overall.

I think it's about time that Jackman gets retired. They have a new mascot now, Reynols. And if they manage to make Channing work, then there will be 2 mascots.

Reynolds is only good for Deadpool movies, unless you are anticipating PG-13 Deadpool appearances in X-Men films.

Personally, I am not.

They are at least a decade too late for Gambit, assuming that character was ever viable for a movie franchise.

It's more than probably that he will appear in X-Force

I'm not sure if he's viable either. They would really had to give it to someone who knows how to make light-hearted and a fun movie

X-Force won't happen until after Deadpool 2 brings in Cable.

Ah, so much waiting. But then again, it makes sense, if New Mutants is first

>400mil is not bad after two weeks.

It's all dependent on costs and resultant expectations. In this case, it's pretty bad.

Gambit is never actually happening. People need just let it go.

He bailed.

I am waiting for x-force with deadpool and logan

>I thought Taylor Kitsch did a fine job as Gambit
That's some real shit taste there, user.

>Rumor is x-men 7 (working title as apocalypse was the 6th) may end up being "new mutants" instead of it's own film.
Would rather have a 90s film with the main cast desu.

>Rumor is x-men 7 (working title as apocalypse was the 6th) may end up being "new mutants" instead of it's own film.
>Robbing us of Rightclops in the 90s
How 'bout no?

Gambit is dead in the water and Jeff Wadlow is directing X-Force, which basically confirms it will be complete shit. He's a downright incompetent director.

The rest I'm mostly excited for.

>Who will play Gambit?
Who is the most inappropriate choice?
That's who they'll pick

>X-men Apocalypse getting 400m world wide (and still with time left) it seems the franchise is one of Fox's strongest

Let me break this down for you: it made about $23m this weekend, its second weekend. That means this coming week (Mon-Thu), it will make about $12m, and next weekend it will make about $12m, and the following seven days it will make about $6m, and then $3m the week after, and so on. That's the good option here. There's no better money to be made.

It's sitting (after this weekend) on 116. 116+23+12+12+6+3 (which takes us to the end of the first month and beyond, after which it will make about 5% of its total to date before finishing) comes to 172; meaning it will end somewhere around $180m domestic.

The international is actually mostly a week older, so there's even less to come from it (because none of the overseas markets are particularly large). It might end on $80m total from China alone, after taking $40m there so far, but - crucially - this will still leave it under $600m.

The last one made $750m. Even X-Men Origins: Wolverine was worth $418; X3 made the equivalent of $545m, which is about where XMA is likely to finish.

None of these are exceptional grosses for FOX, especially considering the budgets they've had lately.

Wolverine 3 is the last Jackman outing. They've lost Lawrence and Fassbender is no longer under contract. Gambit doesn't even seem to be being made any more, certainly not to the original timetable.

This is not a healthy franchise.

My choice is Ryan Gosling.

same

>Also, is it true that the movie is the first X-Men movie to open in china?

No, pretty sure the last X-Men open there.

My hopes are for Cyclops, Jean, Storm & Nightcrawler being cast as lead X-men.

And for Wolverine 3 to not be Xmen Origins tier.

>X-Force
>Gambit
>The New Mutants
Elaborate, I haven't heard on the details for these

>Who will play Gambit?

Who is the cheapest Hollywood star they can get under a three movie contract right now?
That's who they'll pick

I would have been ok with the Wolverine/Weapon X reveal if I wasn't sick to death of him already

>They've lost Lawrence
Good riddance.

>Mystique
>Fucking Mystique
>"I look up to her, she's the hero"
>"AH! YOU ARE THE GREAT HERO!"

They really cranked that horseshit after Lawrence became more popular huh

Not that user, but she gets people in the theater. She's fucking horrible, though, I agree.