youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHAT THE FUCK

>that throbbing upload
S-stop!

Is that considered as slow?

i think he's unironically proud of this connection, lol

I'd unironically call my ISP if my speeds were this slow.

I would be proud too if I had a connection this good.

hehe, our internet is retty fast

>this good.
i don't know where you live but don't you have ftth connection in germany ? i mean fiber connection should be at least 10 times op speed.

wow that sucks... why so slow btw?

*pretty

>Melbourne server
What's the point?

Who /3rdworld/ here?

you know what the best part is?
the sever is in sydney, but i live in melbourne

So?

t. 1%

this speed is around the average of both France and US, it is not slow so piss off

It is slow.

no bully pls
Maybe it's just that bad because it's wifi, I'm no expert.

following on from your dl speed should actually be faster, closer to 100
>posts faster than 89%
enough with the bullshit dimitry

i-it's pretty bad, in France you can just purchase an unlimited 4g simcard for 25€/month if your isp provider is that unefficient.

>posts faster than 89%
>skip "of RU" part
I live in a third world country. What's your excuse?

Why is the upspeed higher than the downspeed?

you can't call anything slow when you are in essentially the top 10% of your country dickhead. Lots of third world places have good internet because they never had copper to begin with so it was easy to chuck fibre in the ground straight away. our excuse is geographic isolation and slow government which is only now doing something

> third world country
>free Wi-Fi in metro

MY INTERNET FASTA!!!

>faster than 89%
> top 10%
Is this the power of aussie education?

but ur polish LMAO

Take that

Fuck off moscovit.

ME POLISH ME BEAT AUSTRALIAN

>pay for 100 down
>get 6-8 down on a good day
this is what i get for living in a pseudocommunist state

You must be related to the queen or something

I thought we were friends

it's slow sweaty xx

you probably pay for UP TO 100mbit/s
but if you live in a shithole countryside, it won't be 100mbit/s

i live in a commieblock in a center of small city but this region is well developed if it comes to internet infrastructure so i'm getting what i'm paying for

photoshop or something lol

I said essentially which implies rounding up. Don't play dumb.
fttn? that shit sucks
I too use my university internet when possible

€12/month

reeeeee kill me now

i could pay 2 more euros and get 1gbps but i don't have ssd or reason to do so

>rounding up 11% to 10%
That's some american-tier shit.

t. pedant

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>be canadian
>unironically pay $80/mon for this

5€ pororfag connection but enough for my usages

wtf?

u mad gaycunts

I- it's most likely just because I live in the middle of nowhere.. it surely must be, mutti merkel would never let me down

:(

Maybe not slow but your ping is ass when connecting across the ocean.

nice ip

>Long distances incur high latency
Whoah I think the Swisshit has cracked it.

can you guys even watch youtube vids without buffering?

So you DO get it. I wasn't so sure.

you can on everything but 1080p

t. shit internet user who is about to change to fibre mid next year, about fucking time too

delet this you cunt

Can you count the frames on this if you max it out?
youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ

not OP and not related to fibre internet since its mobile but I want to ask why tf the upload is fucked here

I am on a very cheap plan but still wtf

the isp probably doesn't have piratefag in mind

f-fuck, delete this

Whats happening here!?

at i have really fast internet and still cant play these because my laptops cant handle 4k and just lags

*at uni I have

>connecting to a sydney server
What's the fucking point if you spend most of the day connecting to server on the other side of antlantic?

Also shitty ISPs are known to unthrottle connections to speedtest to goy their clients.

we are comparing our Sup Forumsernet connections.

Welp. I probably could've managed it but my computer doesn't support hardware decoding of vp9 and at 60fps anything more than 1440p is just too much.
And h264 support is only up to 1080p

Such is free internet in the jungle.
As in actual jungle with monkeys around the place.

Are you connect in university or something?

Streams fine according to youtube but cpu just goes to 100% on all cores and doesn't actually play.

>this speed is around the average of both France and US

This is actually a poor way of looking at internet. You shouldn't consider internet speeds by complete national average, that gets dragged down BADLY by a fuck load of rural connections and farmers on 2mbps satellite connections.

Internet should be looked at by your market type, city dweller, power user, etc.

For a 58 year old Canadian fisherman living 60 kilometers outside Moosonee, that's amazing.

For an internet loving, movie streaming, hardcore gaming Canadian living in downtown Toronto, that is fucking horrendous.

Do not compare yourself by the standards of half your country living in an arid wasteland.

another issue for Australia is that underwater fiber cables are expensive as fuck and have limited bandwidth, and isps overbook them
I definitely know that feel

my problem is with my 10 year old rig, not my connection mate

yeah i'm peaking 100% sometimes too and fans are going crazy

that's really good, but how much and what cap?

41€ per month with 4GB sim card, no data cap at home

i guess thats not too bad, i was expecting somewhere between 80-100€

There's another company that is growing in Spain offering 1000/300 for around 35€ per month, but at the moment I don't have coverage

No. 1Gbps connections are a common thing.

>8K video
>Has a bitrate not even 1.5x my notoriously shitty first generation Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 1080p bluray

Streaming is a fucking joke.

As you're Canadian I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Codecs have changed significantly since 2012.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9

Yes my job is editing, I understand codecs, VP9 efficiency is effectively irrelevant to this comparison (and blows, so does HEVC, they were 2 codecs that jumped the gun on freezing their bitstreams, they should have stayed in development longer).

An 8K video is, simply put, 16 1080p videos. VP9 standard encoding a typical 4:2:0 non-HDR source video, even with its generally more effective than HEVC subdividing macroblock system is not more than 145% 1:1 efficiency over a typical mid 2000s AVC h.264 bluray, ie a 45 mbps bluray can maybe squeeze out visually comparable quality at around 29 mbps average across the entire video (since you should be encoding using a CRF, not a target bitrate)

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that a comparable quality 8K video in VP9 is NOT going to ever happen at 1.5x the bitrate oh 1080p it won't even compare at 5x the bitrate.

Now it's up at AV1 to not jump the gun like HEVC did and end up with terminal cancer efficiency for 8K since most development happened in a 4K world.

;)

>Be married to your cousin on inbred island
>Get gigabit

IT'S NOT FAIR

>Codecs have changed significantly since 2012.
Not enough to cram 16 times the information into the same unit of data and expecting similar results mate.

Noobs

Out of my way, first worlders

>the other side of antlantic
american education

Umm excuse me sweetheart but none of you can match my amazing fucking connection

This website is a lie desu. I know for a fact I have never gotten the speeds it's reporting, and certainly not while doing anything that matters.

How are things over there m8?

i found the one man in america with worse internet than me

Horrible traffic, constant power outages, military checkpoints everywhere, horrible internet, stupid tribes, delicious food, decent people. The only reason I return here is to see my family and go to my village

Hope things go better for you then, good luck man.

Thanks, Germanon