X-Men Apocalypse Cyclops

>excited for Fox's X-Men Aopocalyps
>"Now Based Rightclops will finally get the respect he deserves!"
>is useless throughout the film
>JLaw Mystique leads the X-Men and Several scenes are deticated to focusing on her
>Cyclops is so useless that Mystique (the Jesus of mutants) has to literally tell him to use his powers because he's scared
>Fun mall scene with him is cut to make way for more JLaw and Magneto's dead family
>doesn't have any bonding with Prof X
>Stops caring that his brother Havok died 6 minutes later
>Wolverine lusts after Jean and almost cucks Scott right in front of him
>is so useless that he gets put into a wall by Apocalypse and needs to be saved by Beast
>doesn't even get his visor til the the end

Being a Rightclops fan is suffering...

I wish Fox would just give the rights back to Marvel already

Fuck off

Fox and Singer just couldn't handle the rightness of such a right character. Most people can't. That's what makes him so right.

Why? X-men works better as it's own separate universe. Throwing the 'mutant problem' into the MCU would make it all the more clusterfucked than it already is.

What's up with this falseflagging in all X-Men threads.

Cyclops didn't do much in the mail scene aside from explaining what a Brian freeze is and pointing out Jean looks like Boy George.

>X-men works better as it's own separate universe
it doesn't though. the X-Men are an important part of the Marvel universe and belong in the same universe as the Avengers. they've shared the same universe for almost 60 years.

This is Scott in his early years right? Would only make sense he's not the man he grows up to be yet

>he X-Men are an important part of the Marvel universe
No, they are the worst part of the MU.
Everything about mutants being persecuted and feared goes against every other book where powered heroes are appreciated.

They could keep the rights but assign it a new universe within a new sub-studio without merging both franchises.

That'd never happen, but it'd probably be the best solution.

Not really outside a few Mutants like Beast they've spent so much time separated in the Claremontverse that they're better off being separate.

He didn't do much

But I actually kinda liked him

>Why?
Because Markus and McFeely want to fix movie Cyclops.

>Everything about mutants being persecuted and feared goes against every other book where powered heroes are appreciated.
You don't read much Marvel, do you?

If you think about it, the status quo of Civil War is GREAT for the mutant situation.

Paranoia regarding superhumans is at an all-time high. Every major superhuman to appear has been quickly followed by devastation. The UN has set down precedent for laws that force superhumans to register and draft them into essentially military service.

Mutants and mutant hate would fit in with the MCU extremely well.

Bullshit.

There are plenty of legit reasons why mutants are hated while other superpowered individuals aren't. Mutants aren't isolated incidents, they're a new form of humanity that occur naturally. People hate them out of a misguided sense of tribalism, out of fear of replacement, out of religious fervor, out of plain old fear of the unpredictable and the unknown... etc etc etc.

All of this is perfectly consistent.

>Fun mall scene with him is cut to make way for more JLaw and Magneto's dead family
Actually, I am pretty sure that scenes were deleted for Weapon X segment, as even Magneato's scenes were cut.

Meanwhile Inhumans were never hated.

In case you forgot, hatred for mutants is due to sentient bacteria that can't infest mutants, but has mind affecting abilities.

But if you take the weapon X segment, which you should, you're left with no scenes where Cykes is the leader.

This movie is so incoherent in so many ways.

>>Wolverine lusts after Jean and almost cucks Scott right in front of him

Just like in the comics

>where powered heroes are appreciated.

That's because Havok should groom his brother into leadership, not being killed in a retarded manner.
Like, why is Mystique new drill sergeant of X-Men? She has no cooperation skill, no leadership skills. She is pure solo operative.

>That picture of Spider-Man

She's also pretty much useless in battle, powers-wise.

An with the shitty box-office, they won't bring her back either, so prepare for even more retcon in the next movie, or some passing the torch song.

Maybe the last 3 frames they have Cykes say something like X-men Assemble or something really out of touch and outdated like that.

Or they will replace her with different actress
>Raven? You look different.
>Yes, I am trying a new look.

>I don't want to look like a whore anymore
depending on how badly the contract renewal fails.

Yeah I mean I hear you OP but look at those DSL.

>Meanwhile Inhumans were never hated.
Until they started being a part of human society because of the Terrigen bomb, and the same thing happened, without any help from the bacteria. So ultimately, its role is probably pretty minor.

Usually because people think they are mutants.

was surprised that guy that played the lead in 'scouts guide to zombie apocalypse' landed in big movie as scott...
wait...
scouts guide to zombie apocalypse
xmen apocalypse
apocalypse...
oh shit!!!

>The plans were of Wolverine
>It's Mystique instead
>Havok is gone so he can't do it
Meanwhile Beast is just standing there, y'know the guy who wanted to start up the X-Men Proper.

I feel like people forget that he's a pretty major part of First Class.

About on par with Mystique in his importance.

I honestly keep forgetting that he's beast.

He's almost never blue, and even when he is he looks nothing like what he should.

Even as an actor he does a decent job, but it's not like shy scientist is something terribly hard to pull off. These movies never even have character moments for most of the cast.

Even Whedon in Ultron gave each one something to do, even if it fell flat for a bunch of them.

The issue I had is that I could see a better film under the surface of what we were given.

There's a lot that can be stripped away in editing,
The egypt cold opening showing Apoc's origin sets a tone that doesn't fit the rest of the film.
Give it in an abridged narrated flashback when Moira explains it, so neither info dump is redundant. Make Cyclops' first scene the begining, since it reaffirms the concept of Mutants, gives you a status quo since the previous film, and sets Scott up as a protagonist whilst giving a firmer tone for the rest of the film.

Stop using flashbacks to the previous film to portray internal struggle. We already remember the previous films.

Lots of the film is just the camera lingering, so tighten up each shot for less filler.

Give Havok more to do, and have him use his powers before bashing Cerebro and killing himself and nearly everyone else. Have him help (or at least attempt) to train Scott at Xavier's behest, before he's works together with Jean. Have Apocalypse actually kill him and cause the explosion directly, and have his destruction of Cerebro prevent the nukes from going off, instead of Apoc just sending them to the stratosphere because he doesn't want them used on him, while he could survive it, or have Magneto/Storm change it's course.

Scott's guide to the X-men apocalypse

Musketeer thread. Ignore and report.

Also Scott is such a shit character they literally had to invent him a shit ton of time traveling inter dimmensional family members and clones, and clones of the clones because as character he is just plain dull.

Even with his bullshit dinasty the character was so boring, they made him into the man who was always right, AKA Magneto, because Magneto is a better character than Scott.

Yeah, we heard that before with MOS and look where it got us. A somehow even shitter, more mopey, and downcasted Supes.

Not really. Nowadays there's specific hate directed toward Inhumans.

>Scott is such a shit character
It's perfectly possible to make Scott a decent character.

It might be hard not to step on Captain America's toes, though.

Personality-wise, not political-wise, obviously.

Had the same thoughts