Nordic languages

Why hasn't there been any attempt at constructing a common Nordic language? They are already mostly mutually intelligible, and most words in one language exist as archaic ones in the others.
For example, the Swedish word for window is "fönster", while the Danish and Norwegian words are "vindue" and "vindu", respectively. However, an archaic Swedish word for window is "vindöga", lit. wind-eye.
There already exists such a project for the Slavic languages, Interslavic. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jL7S26dzaDk
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Gotaland/Bohuslan/Skee/ske_om_pb.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Norrland/Jamtland/Frostviken/fro_om.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Norrland/Angermanland/Bjurholm/bju_om.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Gotaland/Skane/Broby/bro_om_pbN.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folkspraak
youtube.com/watch?v=FqgRC5sfCaQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility#List_of_mutually_intelligible_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should all start speaking estonian imho

Estonian?

>They are already mostly mutually intelligible
not really danish is totally alien
t. non-native speaker

The vocabulary and syntax is perfectly intelligible, it's just that they pronounce consonants as if they're vowels.

>fönster

Fönäri

You already speak Russian tho. Why bother?

dialects here are already a mess, no way a unified scandi language will work out

t. Osloborger

>mostly

>not really danish is totally alien

And the Slavic languages don't have dialects?

because it's pointless, you'd have to have governments deciding to teach it at schools and that requires people to care enough to make them want to.
plus there's no standardisation within countries, for example I have norwegian friends who find it easier to understand swedish than other dialects of norwegian!
look at interslavic, there's like what, a couple hundred speakers of it? waste of time mate

all true

>"Ei vittu ruotsalaiset on homoja"
Does this sound familiar?

>I have norwegian friends who find it easier to understand swedish than other dialects of norwegian!
A lot of people in eastern Norway are basically Swedes that live in Norway and speak Danish.

Common Scandi language would probably be easier.

Eyyy, fittsvenskar är homos

t. b*rgenser

their theory was that it was due to them growing up watching swedish tv
bergen is lovely

why? we hate each other so there's no point, I'm fine with speaking a language that sw*doids and n*rdoids can't understand.

I WANT TO LEARN SWEDISH
BUT ITS PROBABLY A WASTE OF TIME
OH GOD WHY WHY WHY

Don't learn our language.

Don’t Scandis all speak pretty fluent English anyway? Why do you need a universal Nordic language?

Old people speak Russian as a second language, the rest speak English

yea.. go kill yourself

Why?

LORD NAZI GO AWAY, STAY IN MEXICO

Learning something is never a waste of time as long as you enjoy it. I'm learning Chinese right now, Chinese characters have such rich meanings and are so aesthetically pleasing, it all makes me very happy.
Just go for it.

Why do you want to learn Swedish?

I just do. Take insterest in Scandinavia.

Would happily speak a mix of Swedish and Norwegian. Norwegian to get rid of certain weird sounds in the Swedish language. The other languages are weird, so leave them.

>t. has never been near a scandinavic language in his life
They're already mutually intelligible. If such a language would exist it would be profitable to make TV productions, literature, news, etc in it, since you would reach a wider audience. You wouldn't need to force anyone to "learn" it since it'd already be mutually intelligible. There already is a sort of "creole" in some places, this would just be another step in formalizing it.
Interslavic has people using it on Sup Forums voluntarily, and the Slavic countries are not as culturally close as the Nordic ones.
Same thing. You wouldn't integrate Icelandic and Faroese, but you would integrate Danish which is taught in schools there.
For producing native domestic content, and to further Nordic integration.

youtube.com/watch?v=jL7S26dzaDk
rate fenno-swedish

The Danish speak as if they have hot potatoes in their mouths.

Denne

Oslo Norwegian is the one true Norwegian. Troms follows afterwards. The rest are just poor imitations.

So he can infiltrate as a spy. Never trust a Russian.

>Take insterest in Scandinavia
n-nothing to see h-here

I want to learn Russian and Cyrillic

You'll learn cyrillic in a day or two, it's EZ.

Pic is a pretty good resource.

thanks ill check it out
found pic related a long time ago
dont know if its real or bs can u confirm?

all those sh-sounds are hard for anyone who doesn't speak any slavic
t. took 3 years russian at high school still can't pronounce correctly

minä uimasa ruotiläisesä uimahallsisa :D

Seems reasonable.
You should probably go to youtube for Ж/Ш/Щ.

>tfw still can't hear the difference between Ш/Щ

>Oslo Norwegian is the one true Norwegian

No it's Bergen that is pure. Oslo got too much in common with swedish and danish

jag heter homo peter :DDDDDDD

>Oslo
too much in common with danish and swedish
>Kristiansand - Stavanger
too much in common with danish
>northern Norway
too much in common with finnish
>Trondheim
no one understand what they are saying

>Bergen
pure norwegian form

I think finnish should be made the universal language of nordic countries

>guttural /r/

So which one of these do you have the easiest time understanding?
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Gotaland/Bohuslan/Skee/ske_om_pb.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Norrland/Jamtland/Frostviken/fro_om.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Norrland/Angermanland/Bjurholm/bju_om.mp3
swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Gotaland/Skane/Broby/bro_om_pbN.mp3

>implying sc*nians are swedes

>swedia.ling.gu.se/Ljud/Gotaland/Skane/Broby/bro_om_pbN.mp3
Probably this

That's Danish.

Ryssvänner är inte välkomna.

This altough I understand written Danish to some degree. I strugle to make coherent sentence in Swedish tough, they teach us different Swedish than common folk speak.
This and kids in my town being ultranationalist did not help my Swedish studies a lot.
I`m down with this.
Sorry if answering to old bread but I`m drunk

We should claim it Lingua franca.
We can sell it to confused swj`s being genderles and Nazis being oldest one and macigal one.

or you could stop speaking weird versions of danish and start speaking proper danish

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

This

>Why hasn't there been any attempt at constructing a common Nordic language?
Because it's already been made.

Feel free to swear fealty to us and begin the Icelandic takeover of Scandinavia when you're ready.

Bohuslän because thats the closest one

>There already exists such a project for the Slavic languages, Interslavic. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language
And heres one for germanic languages en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folkspraak
Problem solved

Gotta say after my last trip to Denmark I can 100% relate to this video

Estonian is literally Finnish though

no it's not, I can't understand it.

>dialects here are already a mess
This is sorta true. Dialects were the stupidest shit involved when I studied Norwegian. Although this is really more of a difference in mentality, rather than linguistics. The dialects in Norway aren't much ore varied and whatever than in other countries, you're just being enabled by some really stupid legislation. Introduce an official language and it wouldn't take long for people to stop it with the more silly parts of speaking they've got going on.

Really norwgian people seem to just have some weird fixation around speaking with stupid affectations and seeing if they can get away with it.

I will take over your anus.

I spent a few months studying Icelandic this year. Not sure if it was worth it though. The society seems far too American and politically centrist.

I like that

>tfw still can't hear the difference between Ш/Щ
one is just sh sound
other is sh and ch mixed

Although, I just realized that recently, till that I tried to pronounce it in a retarded Latvian way of mixing sh and ty, choked myself in multiple occasions.

Apparantly Finland-Swedes tend to like nynorsk. The ones with regional dialects like in österbotten anyway. Some say it fits their speech better than standard Swedish.

Are you Russian?

Related
youtube.com/watch?v=FqgRC5sfCaQ

Honestly couldn't we just go for Norwegian(Bokmål, not nynorsk)? It's mutually intelligible to everyone and it's the nicer sounding language.

>germanic languages
But for the nordic ones only? This one has a learning curve.
You could probably do better than that if you're explicitly constructing it to be mutually intelligible.

>But for the nordic ones only?
Then why the fuck did you compare it with a panslavic one? Poles and Russians are not closer than Swedes and Germans

The panslavic examples all seem pretty close to me, but I don't speak enough Russian or Polish to confirm.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility#List_of_mutually_intelligible_languages
lists Swedish/Danish as partially mutually intelligible and Polish/Ukrainian as partially mutually intelligible. On the other hand, this map lists them as differently distant. Could it have to do with the Cyrillic writing?