Only post the edgiest character designs ITT

Only post the edgiest character designs ITT

is it wrong that I like that costume?

I love that suit. It's weird, while it has tons of actual edges the designe looks better than back in the day.

Isn't that the costume that the St. Dumas guy used for his batman run.

I really liked those comics. The part where Gordon freaks out because batman is still there after he turns around is fucking golden.

why were golden age heroes so edgy?

>claws
>blades
>backwards baseball cap
>long hair
>more blades
>knives
>belt blades
>power to set blood on fire
>more claws
>goatee
>shoulder pads
>claws on shoulder pads

Looks like a black haired Steven Tyler from Aerosmith

that fucking nipple ring

>those proportions

Now that's what I call edgy.

>that nipple ring

I am going to need some explanations as to what this was.

Is this an exercise in irony?

All you need to know is that it's an edgy future-Dick who went to the past to stop his bad future and got trapped. Then an edgy future-Raven corrupts future-Dick and he goes ALL THE EDGES.

I still think the helmet was good

This can't be from Liefeld. I can see his feet.

I'd probably be on edge too if I had to always worry about poking myself by putting my arms down

Feet aren't awful enough

Howcum no pouches on arms?

>We'll put some holes in her shirt
>But not over her chest oh no, that'd be rude

MD Batman

It's based of an old photo shoot of Debbie Harry, lead singer of Blondie.

>NUH MUH BTAS ;-;
Will the whining never end?

>only wallyfags and Superman fans have a right to cry about NOT MUH!

Is he wielding the powerful MACHETE OF FATE?!

The Shadow deserved a better movie

Derivative pulp trash gets what it deserves.

Shredder without his helmet. Minus the bloodfire thing.

You sure showed him!

Great rebuttal. Go cry into your fedora, man-baby.

can't get edgier than this

Literally looks like a Michael Bay Decepticon

deserved better here
>tfw I'm 20 but I know The Shadow from the radio series because a station used to play old radio shows when I was little
>tfw for a while grew up listening to The Shadow
>tfw i realize that the way he dealt with bad guys turned out to be my moderation style on minecraft servers a few years back
>go invis, watch them grief, keep rolling it back and taunting them until they start spamming chat hard before the ban
no one man should have all this edge

yes

Jester-fags gotta get over it.

This design is actually pretty good, the best new 52 Harley design we've gotten so far.

I've never seen such a long post say so little.

didn't say anything about Superman or the Flash much less give their fans a pass for using "not muh" as a complaint about new stuff featuring them.

Nigga just don't be understanding x-treme

Transformers vs Ninja Turtles confirmed

its michael bay Shredder, so yeah.

MAXIMUM OVER-EDGE

IIRC, it's made out of the helmet.

Derivative?

Yes, do you know what that word means?

That's the totally wrong approach; you should have started off with an explanation of howyou figure that The Shadow is derivative.

He's literally indistinguishable from every other dime a dozen fedora and cape vigilante from the 30's.

Then you haven't read much of The Shadow, much of other pulp characters like Doc Savage, or you don't know what "indistinguishable" means.

Ah. So you're an idiot.

I don't care. They all look the same to me and there's a reason they were forced into the trash by Batman and the heroes we still have today. Sorry your 90 year old hipsterism is offended but nobody here cares.

Nice rebuttal. You sure showed me.

Wow. You had me going for a minute. 5/10

You can stop this farce, now. You over did the troll.

Wow dude epic, arguments I don't like don't count if I pretend it's a troll!

I still think Super Shredder from TMNT II looks edgier.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

Speak for yourself. You're crying troll like a child to spare yourself even attempting to make any manner of argument.

This is his second or third suit, right? After equipping this he kills a guy and goes all nuts.
I like that suit actually, it's not supposed to be batman, because he's not, he's turning into a villain and the warped costume sort of shows that off.
People really don't give Knightfall enough credit.

>muh pulpshit

Back to the nursing home gramps.

holy shit what the hell,its like someone was high when they made this.

>he has pupils

2/10

We can only hope.

People who dislike it either haven't read the comic or don't enjoy cheese, all other people I know like it well enough

he's kinda right though, they all pretty much looked the same back then, just hat, cape, guns, call it a day. and anyway pulps aren't comics so it's a moot point, take it to some other board

Samefag.

I mean, he isn't, but that's opinions for you. Also, the Shadow has had a shitload of comics published, so that point is moot.

getting desperate huh

>the Shadow has had a shitload of comics published,

that nobody gives a shit about...

show me how well those comics sold / sale

show me who reads them even here on Sup Forums

yep exactly

>yep exactly
Exactly what, you lazy ass troll? Who ever claimed that The Shadow was the driving force behind comic popularity? It was a well known character who had some talented creators/personalities attached to it (like Orson Welles) and user would like to see a decent attempt at a movie. Untwist your micropenis, man.

Are you fucking stupid, Howard Chaykin wrote the Shadow for a bit. Back when he was good and doing American Flagg!

>It was a well known character

Don't kid yourself.

>all these buttflustered pulp fags

Does the nursing home allow internet access often?

>"The Shadow" - One of the most popular radio shows in history. The show went on the air in August of 1930.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" The opening lines of the "Detective Story" program captivated listeners and are instantly recognizable even today. Originally the narrator of the series of macabre tales, the eerie voice known as The Shadow became so popular to listeners that "Detective Story" was soon renamed "The Shadow," and the narrator became the star of the old-time mystery radio series, which ran until 1954.

There's also been various comic series running pretty much non-stop for decades. You not liking something doesn't mean no one else does.

All this shitty samefagging. Jesus.

This characters heyday ended decades ago. Don't pretend he's anything but hipster fodder now. And with good reason since he does nothing Bat man does do far better.

Razorfist go away

I tell you whut, I wanna see a decent Doc Savage, or The Avenger movie.

I feel like we'd juts end up with some abomination like pic related when the studio tried to get gimmicky with it instead of just making a quality adaptation.

Yeah, my mancrush on Ron Ely aside, the Doc Savage movie wasn't any better. An the John Phillips Sousa music didn't help.

Man, that Shadow does look just like The Avenger.

Doc Savage, too.

Now post how many other generic fedora and cape mystery men he looks like.

Such as...?

You tell me pulp fag. Pull any 'golden' age character out of a hat and there you go.

If you cannot find any of the characters you claim he is derived from, you cannot claim he is derivative of their style. Considering his popularity at the time, he probably inspired most of them himself.

The Spirit
Zorro
and ya know, Batman

this actually looks like something youd see in a berserk clone videogame

TWO companies thought these designs were a good idea.

Remember him Sup Forums? should he comeback and kill nu52 Lobo?

Not op,
no, bur you need to be honest that it's a silly costume and aesthetic. Nothing inherently wrong with that. It's just delusional and embarrassing if you think that it's serious and 'more legitimate'.

Darkclaw is the opitime of bad ass though