Canadian "history"

>Canadian "history"

b-but muh maple syrup!

never thought about it
what do you study in history class? you do like americans who apparently do 10 lesson on the different kind of shoes equipped by some batallion in an obscure american civil war battle with 2 casualties to fill all the years of school?

>Canadian "people"

this

Something about french people colonizing and then the british showing up taking all their shit and how bad wh*Te people were to native people.

that's all? do you study ancient history of europe or anything?
serious question, we dont study stuff about asia or america so it would seem legit, but you dont have much to learn considering how young your cunt is

I don't even remember. It's so pathetic it isn't worth remembering. Something something coureurs des bois, something something algonquins
rude

> you do like americans who apparently do 10 lesson on the different kind of shoes equipped by some batallion in an obscure american civil war battle with 2 casualties to fill all the years of school?
Fucking what

I wish we got more in-depth with what aboriginal cultures were like pre-colonization, rather than just "brits came and slaughtered everyone." Just about everything we learn is from the 17th century and onward.

Formation of the country with passing mention of Natives. Early colonization by Vikings, then the real colonization from French and English. Lots of conflict between those two, then the country's formation and identity building. Our involvement in WWI and WWII, and peacekeeping and how tolerant we are today.

damn and i was mad for the 3 months i had to suffer learning about frog revolution
i feel bad for you guys

French revolution is fantastic though

not him but maybe if it wasn't shoved down my throat when I was 16 I wouldn't hate it now

m8...

Yeah I know that feel we studied about the frog revolution in history, civic education and philosophy. Was fucking sick of it.

>btw this country belongs to natives, you should feel bad for killing them

No. Not at all. Later you can in high school but it's optional.

dat's bad
how do you understand anything about what happens in the world at all? if you dont know history, at least the basics, you can only talk in memes (which would actually explain a lot)

By reading by yourself?

starting that from zero is probably a thing only a really motivated person would do, a solid base makes it easier for a bigger portion of population to join

it depends on province, but i had "canadian history" and "world history" in highschool

canadian history focused on the formation of canada, colonization, (mistreating of) natives, etc

world history focused on canadian/american/european history from WW1 onwards

The problem is that new worlders can't choose a certain specific base of what international history to teach in high school, so they just have optional courses like world history, European history, Africa history and you choose what you want. They do the same thing in their universities too.

i see. well hope that's enough to understand the global happenings
i feel kinda bad for knowing nothing of asia, it's like some obscure place we know nothing about

>be canada
>spend millions improving and charting the entire pacific northwest
>hand it over to america without any resistance