Compulsory Voting

What's Sup Forumss view on compulsory voting?

I don't want niggers and spics being forced to vote. frig off.

Australians are living breathing faggots

This.

i take it you're against it, then

Hardly a free system if we're forced to take part.

Agreed

negative. every time a political event happens - twisted versions are passed through social media / media and the vast majority does not have any of the facts, just some skewed interpretation. These idiots don't care and don't know. If you drag them to the voting booth, they will just mirror the media landscape more than voting already does.

forced voting is absurd.
Democracy should be a choice if you want to participate. what's the argument for forcing people to do something with the threat of punishment?

It's shit and makea a country shittier.

As an example, look at Brazil. You're welcome.

The problem with compulsory voting is it always ends up a shitshow of people picking the lesser of two evils, not someone/party that actually appeals to them.

Also the Australian compulsory voting system doesn't mean you have to actually vote you know. You can go in, get your name signed off and leave without even voting.

i think we should kill the niggers and muslims

fuck that
i love australia women tho

I think it is every citizens duty to vote.

When you don't vote you spit on the memory of millions who over the years have fought and died for your right to vote.

But no, it shouldn't be enforced.

It's shit. ISideWith or something similar should be used to vote for individuals without ever displaying their name or party, so people will actually vote on beliefs

Forced voting is incredibly bad since it would just lead to random votes. Imagine somebody being elected purely because they were picked at random more than the next guy.

An uninformed voter is worse then an informed non-voter.

wasn't there a guy who was basically Sup Forums incarnate who admitted he was only elected because he was first on the ballot?

Yes, because I can only complain after choosing which two piles of dog shit I eat this year.
If I don't choose to eat any I lost my 1st amendment.

>"""""FREEDOM"""""""

its fucking shit

You can force people to vote but you can't force people to give a fuck.

a terrible idea
the majority of the population is dumb and easily fooled, we're better off if most of them don't vote

It's good unless you live in burgerland or leafland where no one wants to vote for the scumbags who run.

If the 'lesser of two evil' voters would stop voting and people were required to make a case for their vote then voter turnout would definitely be under 40% and democracy would probably be replaced with something more useful.

it's the same everywhere. Case in point - iceland once voted a comedian that didn't know anything about politics, or economy.

>Vote
>Doesn't matter anyways because it is third party
>The racial demographic is already being fully replaced so they will continue voting the way they do
Thanks for forcing me to vote, what happens when I don't? You're going to shoot me? Jail me? Fine me? Thanks for all of that freedom.

in the lead up to the recent australian election, a friend of mine used the vote compass the ABC (state funded media) provided on their site to see who he should vote for.

i was sitting near him when he'd completed the suirvey, and he was mad as fuck when it said he should vote for the conservative party, so he took the quiz again, only to get nearly the exact same result.

for the aussies here, when he was told he was closer to pauline hanson's policies than labor, he yelled "what the fuck!"

i asked him why it's a problem, and the dialogue went something like this:

>because you can't have someone like her running the show
>why not?
>because he's dumb as fuck and says all this racist shit
>mate i heard you telling muzzies to get fucked this afternoon and you're constantly telling me bad abo jokes
>yeah but we can't have a leader saying that shit man
>mfw

Australian discourse IRL seems just about how I imagined it.

Odds are when you satirize the establisment like him and are funny, I assume he was to Icelanders, you will get elected.

We did the same in Denmark with a comedian albeit back in the nineties.

One of his campaign promises were that there should be more wind in your back when riding your bike.