How do oldfags on Sup Forums feel about the 90s? Were they a better time than now, at least for the West?

How do oldfags on Sup Forums feel about the 90s? Were they a better time than now, at least for the West?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJoCTdRyrU
youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
psychcentral.com/news/2010/02/09/feeling-gray-is-characteristic-of-depression/11285.html
youtu.be/rJAcMxkjCTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hell even 2007 seems to be great compared to what we have now

It was carefree, but the liberal mindset took hold and people got used to safety and security.

Yes 90's were better. We're moving so fast towards degeneracy singularity now it feels bad man. Trump feels like the last hope to avoid the abyss

90s were pure

>We're moving so fast towards degeneracy singularity now it feels bad man
they've been saying this for basically the history of mankind.

No they haven't.

I don't recall men inverting their penises and pretending to be woman at any other point in history

>2007
>before the first smart phones came out
>the most poorest, ghetto people most likely didn't have a computer or the internet, their shitty opinions were not heard
>smart phones changed this
>before Obama
>before sites such as HuffPost, Buzzfeed, Vice, Salon went full blown SJW and turned to shit
>before Youtube/Google/Kikebook had agendas
>Tumblr was new, had no SJW bullshit
>SJW bullshit was confined to just tiny classrooms

Good news is, there's the major backlash coming. Trump couldn't have made it to where he is today 10 years ago. Just shows you how quickly things are changing

I'm 51 years old and trust me, other that tech the 90s were a much better decade. You could talk to a human without them looking down at their iPhone every two seconds. Only bad thing was chicks didn't shave their crotch, I'm still coughing up fur-balls.

2008 was when things started to get very shitty, sure it started even earlier but we nosedived at 3000 miles per second since 2008

yeah it used to just be people shaking the wrong way on tv but every old generation complains about whatever the young generation is doing. it's no difference, just more of the same.

The internet was so awesome back then. Even with the shitty connection speeds.

Social media was the beginning of the end.

Eating pussy is a beta male behavior.

It was different mainly because we didn't really get access to everyone on the internet like we do now.

The amount of information accessible at the tip of ur finger wasn't what it is to day at all.

You couldn't just "google" stuff up there was a bunch of shit search websites like atlavista or yahoo and others

So yes in a sense it was better because ignorance is bliss but at the same time all this knowledge is great

When your with two women you need to keep them both happy.

Was amazing. Played Daggerfall felt fucking boss as fuck on my old arse piece of shit pentium 90. Girls were mysterious, SJW was non existent. Cranking nigga beats like ice-t and cock rocking to iron maiden. Dreaming of dragons and good shit. Now life is horrible.

oldfag here. it was shit. everything that sucks now has its roots back in the 90s.

>not eating pussy
Gen Z ladies and gentlemen.

Except you're guaranteed to fuck the girl if you do it right, instead of just getting a blowjob.

Oh please, if anything the younger generations are more willing to do whatever women want..

If you need to be servile to have decent sex, that says more about you than me.

>The internet was so awesome back then. Even with the shitty connection speeds.

This. I mean yeah...personal webpages were as largely garbage and shitty as the typical Facebook or Tumble shit...but Usenet was fucking Sup Forums on steroids with filesharing plus the darknet.

The 90s were a wonderful time to be a kid. We had video games, and they felt like they were amazing, but they weren't so scientifically crafted to be addictive that we never went outside or had reason to play games entirely out of imagination. No smartphones, so people still talked to each other. America was a much "Whiter" country (still too much non-white influence tho). Social justice movements hadn't metastasized fully yet. The Internet was new and exciting. Schools still tried to indoctrinate us into multicult and leftism, but it was done in a nice way, if that makes sense; like the teachers honestly thought they were doing good. They weren't bitter, childless, fat SJWs; there was no malevolence to me as a white kid or a boy, even in a California public school. Their leftism was stupid but not hateful like it is today.

I was born in '86; I will always feel like this was one of the greatest blessings of my life, to be a kid in the 90s. No point of comparison to know for sure, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel really sorry for anyone born after 2000; the world is much more toxic now than I remember it being.

>1959 - born
>60s - don't remember much aside from JFK removing his hat
>70s - THE time to be alive, hands down, everything was awesome
>80s - shit decade
>90s - pretty cool, music sucked, but way better than the 80s
>00s - sometimes I'd rather be dead

Seriously, if youre under 40, sorry... You missed out. Its over. Western society has nothing more to offer you. We used it all up and you were born to late. GG

90's were cool but it was very wag the dog. We invaded based Serbia and carved off a huge slice of the country for sand nigger muslim drug dealers to cover up Clintons blowjob.

20 years later we're still dealing with the Clintons.

Way better in regards to the things Sup Forums dislikes

Yes. No BLM, sexual deviants like transgenders, xe, xer, xim shit. No social media broadcasting every special snowflake and their narcissism to every corner of the world. Little to none of the identity politics that dominate real issues today.

>90s
>millions of jobs gone
>cell phones becoming a problem
>videogames are the only escape
>b-but my daddy said it was a good time

shut the fuck up about the fucking past
it has ALL SUCKED
any retarded old fuck who had it good back then was a sleazy whore who thought just because they made a little money that it was a good time to be alive
no
IT ALL SUCKED

90s were kiddy shit, kids growing up in that era watching "rugrats" and "muppet babies" and all those other feminizing infantilizing shit. 80s were the last decade that celebrated manliness.

Pretty sure shakin' dat booty and getting surgery are different levels. There has to be a drop-off.

>Danger Will Robinson

kys

people think they were butits always sucked ever since 2012 when we all died

>How do oldfags on Sup Forums feel about the 90s? Were they a better time than now, at least for the West?

They were good, better than now. But the 80's were better.

A shame the people born after the year 2000 are so utterly fucked and ignorant. When you're born into shit, you believe shit smells like roses. I was born in '92, so I don't really remember what the 90s were like. I "grew up" in the 2000s, which were all right (the early 2000s still had much of the 90s flavor). Even social media was decent throughout the aughts. It all really went to shit during the during the '10s. I can't really take it much more. All the social justice bullshit can really drive a person to insanity. And the kids who are born into it just accept it as though it always existed. They will never know of a time when people didn't declare that complimenting a woman is sexist. Or making casual observation about race is racist.

By the way, in two years, people born after the year 2000 will have the vote.

I think the general trend of writing for the Simpsons illustrates the 80s and 90s vs. the 2000-2016 time period in a microcosm.

Technology was getting better and more affordable. The economy was doing great. Life generally made sense. There was still a lot of hope for the future back then. Technology hadn't yet gotten so good that we constantly worried about our privacy. Obesity, eye strain and neck injuries from constantly looking at a computer screen were virtually unheard of. You could get a job by just sending in your resume and a cover letter, without having to worry about your social media accounts being scoured for "badthink" political posts. The biggest conspiracy that people believed in was flying saucers, and the fact that it was so hard to believe in them made the fantasy all the more positive, overall. Black comedy was actually funny and race relations were at an all time high.

>No BLM
>no sexual deviants
your underage is showing

>By the way, in two years, people born after the year 2000 will have the vote.
jesus christ

The 90s were known for being comically testosterone-fueled. Any action or action-comedy series was filled with ripped protagonists who rode motorcycles and got as violent as the networks would allow them.

kek was the 90s the 90s was kek

IRC was awesome too. I went on DALnet for old times sake the other day and it was nothing but pakis and Asians. Sad.

Looking back at the 90s, they seem like the 50s compared to the ocean of degeneracy we're drowning in now.

The 80s sucked a dick. (Aside from the music)

Jawsome

I agree, I was born in 1991. Everything seemed fine until half through high school. It has gotten worse as I was going through college.

Oh man, I practically lived on DALnet back in the day. Being a hacker in the 90's-early 2000s really meant something man and we knew all the "tinfoil hat conspiracy shit" that turned out to be 100% true about the NSA long before anyone else knew it was a thing.

The same thing has happened to Family Guy too. Peter is a retard and Brian is a annoying liberal.

It was a better time for sure. We didn't worship fat back then. Now we have unironic high test and THICC posting.

The 00s have been over for 6 years now.

Family Guy was literally always shit, though.

>The 80s sucked a dick. (Aside from the music)

A diverse ecosystem of microcomputers and the rise of home video game consoles that were better than Pong.

My first dial-up internet account cost $10 an hour.

Some things were better though. Plus I had a house then :/

Looking back as a kid, everything had sunglasses and a backwards baseball cap, rode a skateboard, and ate pizza. It was Bart Simpsons meets Ninja Turtles for a totally far-out time.

There were some epic channels back there. #KKKChat was a treasure trove of hilarity.

>My first dial-up internet account cost $10 an hour.

Yeah, but Aussie/NZ internet has always sucked.

It's not too bad now, fibre's getting rolled out in most urban areas

They were a better time, but the signs of what we live in now were plain for all to see back then. I think the rate at which everything became so degenerate and weird shocked everyone, though. Back then there was minimal gay acceptance, much less trannies and such...

Young motherfucks these days don't even remember the snorks

Prior to 2007 the world was at least 3 times better.

Yeah they have. You can read Roman writers who complain about the youth of the day and civilisation going to hell in a handcart.

I guess they were right on the latter point at least.

While 2007 was the beginning of the end, the true tipping point was around 2012/2013. The world really did in on 12/21/2012. We've been in hell for four years.

Hold me Sup Forums.

Soon, in the years to come, we will look upon this decade as if it where a bad dream.

I'm not that old, but, in my opinion, the world went downhill when facebook took off. Myspace wasn't even that bad, at least people used that to meet up with other people. So, around 08-09. Anyway, 90's were alright. The internet was new and people were obsessed with the unknown. Now days just feel like we are trying to find a way to survive the future. It's as if humanities aspirations and dreams died.

Actually, transsexuals and drag queens have been a thing for quite some time (at least the 80s). The difference is, when someone got the snip back then, it was because they genuinely wanted to be one sex, rather than the other. I can respect transsexuals, but I cannot afford the same courtesy to transgender.

It was certainly 2007. Thats already decided topic on ru-boards.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJoCTdRyrU

In Italy?
Only from 1993 on. We were in full Mafia Wars just a few years prior. The later half were great. The economy was going strong and everyone had great time.

Take me back, the time before all this madness.
The time when everything was just moving forwards, and feminists were just something you laughed at in the comics, same with niggers and shitskins.....

I might only have had 15 inch screen I think with 1024x768, at first at least... but man how I fucking miss those days.. Oslo was far far away, now it' eating and consuming it's surroundings at an alarming rate for filling it with shitskins while the norse can't afford to buy or even rent anymore.... they have to live with their parents til their 30ies after getting a phd, for saving money..... if they get a job at all which also is problem nr 2 here..

nah ranting but yes simpler, more trustful times, we didn't have any shitskins to deal with, they were locked. When they came here, we beat them up so they didn't come back...
>explosive actually in oslo back then, I mean the music scene, lots of techno releases and secret parties and after parties and so

>It's as if humanities aspirations and dreams died.

Odd that you should mention that. I may just be getting older, so this may be entirely natural, but I feel that all ideals, dreams, and fascinations have died. And we're all just stuck in a modern day drudgery while being bombarded with SJW bullshit.

Is this what it feels like when all hope leaves the body? A living death, that's the best way I can describe my current life.

>Actually, transsexuals and drag queens have been a thing for quite some time (at least the 80s). The difference is, when someone got the snip back then NOBODY GAVE A FUCKING SHIT

ftfy

the 90's were very colourful and at the same time very beige

what is he saying

This. Fucking eh.

I feel like I needed to get my career on track and form a family in the last 10 years. I've barely been able to keep a roof over my head and food in my mouth during that time period.

Fuck Bush, Obama, the Clintons, globalists, and every last damn corporate piece of shit who participated in the housing bubble or in the offshoring of American jobs. I hope they all rot in hell.

>Noo, mom don't pick up the phone, I'm using the internet!

Good old bad days...

>You can read Roman writers who complain about the youth of the day and civilisation going to hell in a handcart.

The Greeks complained of the same. Both were at times when their populace had gotten complacent and were becoming decadent, and the decline was beginning to set in. The Greek and Roman civilizations both fell and barbarians took over.

We are at the same stage and we are falling faster with each decade. Western civilization will become unsustainable, the citizenry will be too busy wallowing in narcissism and the latest degeneracy and the Muds and other violent pond life from the Third World will take over for the next Dark Age of ignorance, mass starvation, epidemics and petty tribal wars.

>being a loser is cool
>if you are troubled, start shooting your classmates

No. you sucked a dick.

80's movies, music, tv & culture were all awesome.

80's technology was fucking great.

The only thing that really sucked in the 80's was automotive horsepower, but at least automotive styling was interesting.

The 80's were the last decade that was truly forward looking, where there was really hope for the future. So, I guess in that sense, we were all wrong, but still it was the apex of human civilization.

90s was nice. But you could see the signs going into the 2000s.
Then 2007/2008 rolled around and things started going downhill fast but it was mostly confined to the internet (ie shit started becoming mainstream)
Then in 2011/2012 all the liberal/pc/sjw shit finally started spilling into the real world. I wish I knew what triggered it.

It could be a loss of hope or a change in what people consider important. Now days we are bombarded by constant fear. We are told about how our food is killing us, that terrorism is out of control, and that shit is hitting the fan. Instead of dreaming about man walking on the moon, or creating the next great technology, we are concerned about our safety. I think this goes further than simply just getting older.

Fuck the snorks, the littles were best.

>1974 - born
>70s - don't remember much except Star Wars toys at Christmas.
>80s - HOLY FUCK I CAN'T HANDLE THE AWESOME. best decade to be a kid/young teen.
>90s - end of cold war, decade of hope. sucked for me though because of major family financial issues and father dying of cancer.
>00s - started off good and then turned to pure shit.
>10s - oh dear god where did my life go? i'm never going to meet someone, never have a family, never be financially stable. my father must be weeping right now.

10s are pretty depressing to be honest. If Trump doesn't win and offer some hope of turning this shipwreck around I don't know what I'm going to do.

I miss the 90s... Dammit, I didn't come here to feel!

> I can tell you one thing
> Nobody will ever return to year 2007

A bit better. Not by a heck of a lot. Those computers were fucking shit boxes.

There was an intense feeling the world was going to turn to shit and then it did.

People were the same pieces of shit they are today. It was the decade that people became shit.

80s were way better.

Yes, they were better times.

PC shit is out of control. The Libs have gone full blown Marxist. There ten times more gays now than there were back then.

It was just a more positive time. But, then again, you noticed back then the destruction for the American economy. You saw mom & pop stores disappearing. Chain stores took over. Hedge Funds came on the scene and nobody could answer how they made so much money. Bill Clinton had an affair with an intern, and the Dems excused it. He lied under oath, and the Dems excused it.

I was a Lib back then, but even then I saw their bullshit. Now it is just scary. The Liberals today are full-on Communist Marxist, and nobody seems to be concerned about the ramifications of that.

The 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Yes, everything was sharper. The sky was a brighter prettier hue. Anybody else remember this about the 90s?

Yes.
/thread.

'87 here. The big thing you don't see anymore with kids is "unstructured"/"unsupervised" time.

Kids aren't allowed to just do kid stuff anymore. Everything's gotta be supervised and have a schedule and shit now. You got afterschool programs, evening programs, summer programs, etc etc.

Up until, really the start of middle school I'd say my sisters and I probably spent the better part of 6 hours a day just doing... whatever. As long as our schoolwork was done and we were home for supper our parents didn't really care if we spent the afternoon playing with toys in our rooms, riding bikes around town, or playing out in the woods near the house. Our parents trusted that we were responsible enough and our town was safe enough that they didn't need to worry about us... and back then they would have been right. Nowadays? Most parents barely trust their kids with wiping their own asses and are so paranoid about child predators and gangs and terrorism that they don't let their kids out of sight.

Kids don't get to be kids anymore.

This so much, everything is banal, every event in life is just another instagram post

Also facebook taking over comment sections means that now the whole internet is like an enclosed space where social decorum and civility is expected as well.

SJWs like to say this is nice, but what this really means is things like whatsapp sex-vids with instagram account names, and doxing. Which is basically things that happen in small towns, but now all over the internet. "Johnny's sister sucked 4 guys dick last night!" and "Johnny was a real cunt with me, this is what he says" "Oh, what a cunt, im gonna treat him badly for now on".

There is also this pervasive back-channel of communication that is so dense that you don't know if someone took a picture of you and you are not being laugh at on the other side of the world.

Now this is the point:

You can't respect yourself in this world, and you can't respect others either, you also can't make yourself be respected without violence, people can globally slander you in a second, if you don't have a personal team of shills shitposting in your favor, the way others treat you is entirely related to the amount of private data others leaked about you

>psychcentral.com/news/2010/02/09/feeling-gray-is-characteristic-of-depression/11285.html

>DOOM
>Quake
>Unreal Tournament
>Crash Bandicoot

The internet is gossip girl

>for quite some time
>says its been going on for less than .0000000000000000000001% of human history
wow dude, pretty long fucking time.

is of ok komrade. We becoem communist now and in thirty years reemerge as pseudo kapitalist pig dogs with Europe as only land of any wealth.

Yes, even a person living on minimum wage could buy a house, feed their family, have a car. You can't even get a car on minimum wage in any appreciable amount of time.

True tho, but in 2007 vice was definitely a thing. It was still underground but it was a major website publishing some decent content.

2007 was like the turning point between free money home refinance, A&F everything, Hollister frat bro culture and what we have today. End of innocence in many ways. Everything went to shit when the stock market collapsed and every fucking idiot got a smart phone.

...I want my Razr phone and innocence back. I want my dumb Abercrombie QTs who listen to OAR and my 2000 Integra back. It was way fucking simpler back then.

>Picked up 'SEGA collection' on Steam the other day
>A installed it up and had bought some classics, sonic, golden axe, ext
>Launched the game and the main menu interface is a 3d render of a 90s kids' bedroom with retro posters and a small old-style TV in the corner
>Quiet neighbourhood out the window going into late evening, feels like a day off the summer holidays
>All the games I own for the game are lined up in game boxes on a shelf and you cycle through to choose the game you want to play
>Once you select a game, you see a cartridge slot into the console under the small TV and it zooms in on the TV.

Holy shit, I wasn't ready for that amount of feels...

>movies and TV where the cast was overwhelmingly while almost having no gays or degenerates
>vidya without feminist slant
>little to no NSA in our daily life
>little to no GMO in our food
>pre-911 world, no dangerous ackbars running amock

I do wonder what the West's attitude to Muslims and middle easterners in general was like before 9/11

The 90's were a good time to be a kid

>youtu.be/rJAcMxkjCTs