What do you find different about shopping for groceries in other countries...

What do you find different about shopping for groceries in other countries? I liked that in western European countries I could buy booze in the grocery store with my food, rather than make a separate trip to the government monopoly as is the way in Canada.

i love shopping in Germany and France everything is cheaper and there have more variety
also Luxembourg for alcohol and tobacco

>his cunt doesn't have drive-in beer coolers

holy shit that's godtier

lol theres a drive thru liquor store/dive bar near me. Roll up to the window with a 20 and exchange it for a handle of whiskey.

wtf im moving to the US right now

>buy groceries abroad
>there is no proper bread
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>booze in muslim countries

They really are the shittiest people.

All of you actually have only white sweet bread or baguetes. The only eatable bread is here - brown, a bit salty, not fucking sweet or the plastic one like they have in the US.
I loved that in France they have a market with fresh cheese, vegetables, fruit and so on everyday in the streets. That's divine.

Some of these higher end grocers here are stepping up our bread game

You have no idea what your talking about. Brown tigerbread is the standard bread here.

And as the second food exporter of the world we actually have lots of cheap fresh food. Even more than France.

I meant it was not standard anywhere i went.
We also have a lot of fresh food in markets. But in French country it was right in middle of the town all week long. People buy food there and are much about what they eat. I might be wrong again but your big export companies' output is no match for those literally homemade products directly from the villagers.

More than half of our land is farmland. Almost everything between the villages and cities are farms.

Pic somewhat related, westland next to Rotterdam.

supermarkets here have everything except those hot meal buffets you can sometimes get in other countries

there is hot food like roast chickens but that's about it. roast chicken + bread + coleslaw = god tier weekday dinner

A E S T E T I S C H

Farms from TRON?

Our food literally comes from surrounding farms and gets replenished the moment its sold. We have a just in time economy.

What an amazing nation, all those people crammed into a little swamp and they make it work

My shithole doesn't have groceries.

They say we ca feed 9 billion people with a quarter of our clay, if we improve our efficiency. Currently the Rotterdam area alone can feed 40 million people.

I was reading an article about this in National Geographic. It sounds like the Dutch are truly doing great things in terms of agricultural sustainability/

Nice.

any grocery store that doesn't have cigarettes, candy, alcohol and condoms at the checkout is strange to me

ÑO

We wanted to start projects in Africa so the world would never starve, but they got all racist and claimed we came to colonize again, so we didn't give the technology because they rejected it and now we just let the chinese handle them.

Mate, 20% of the investments in Africa come from our country. Although it's mostly from our oil industry.

Somehow they don't have problems with big oil, but they probably have a lot of bribe money. But when we do agriculture or tourism we get shit on our plate, because it helps the people and not dieectly the people in power. But I'm generalising too much, this does not apply to all African nations ofcourse.

All Africa needs is some proper irrigation desu.

Good point. They would also do well to get rid of Islam. This ideology is not compatible with the modern world. The entire world would be a much better place if we could just accept this fact.

What does Islam have to do with agriculture autist. Christian Africa is much worse anyways

wonder if this would be a good business here

The lack of cereal isle. I ate Cereal every morning, so I can't imagine living without it.

Everything's cheap

trashy

This.

do you insert coins/money/tokens/etc to retrieve whatever is in the cooler?
nice. I wish we have the sort of mentality or maybe a model here in the city. Can see this most on the countryside but it's small scales.
what a twat atheist

Luxembourg have some and you don't even have to get out of your car.

I liked how in Germany I can use my backpack as my shopping basket then take everything out at the checkout, get it all scanned and paid for, then stick it all in the backpack again.
If I did that here I'd probably be accused of shoplifting. I kinda wish Europe (or where I've been to in Europe at least) had self service checkouts though
Saw the most German thing back then too
>watch this guy bag his groceries while I'm waiting for a friend to finish
>he's fitting everything in his backpack with German precision and efficiency
>he gets to a boxed frozen pizza
>he looks at it for a few seconds
>unboxes the pizza
>still in its shrink wrap he folds the frozen pizza in half
>slides it in the side of his backpack
I was so impressed

The problem is they’re almost all in Louisiana which is a fucking shithole

They also have drive through places where you can get daiquiris and it’s legal as long as they don’t give you a straw lmao