Fox Apologizes For ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Ad Showing Jennifer Lawrence Being Choked

deadline.com/2016/06/x-men-apocalypse-choke-ad-criticism-fox-apology-1201766889/

comicbookresources.com/article/fox-apologizes-for-controversial-x-men-apocalypse-billboard

How predictable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kWW9luMD4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and I know only marvel would buckle under the weight of SJWs

I am so numb to SJW bullshit this doesn't even make me mad anymore.

I hope President Trump kicks those cunts out to Mexico

How scandalous, a villain acting villainous.

>equality

>Fox apologized

They still got millions in free advertising from a single relatively cheap billboard. They won.

I'm halfway tempted to try and convince SJW's to attempt to force Fox to remove the scene from the movie. They wanna knuckle under to pressure? Let the fuckers be controlled by it. They wanna play nice with SJW's? Let them be controlled by them.

Oh boo fucking hoo. The bad guy did something bad....

God forbid an omnicidal mass murder choke out a woman

Its because most feminists believe they live in the 1950s

People need to realize that you never apologize and never capitulate, if you don't then they lose all power and will find something else to bitch about.

>The bad guy did something bad....
I remember when people got mad at Brubaker (?) when Crossbones beat the living dog mess out of Cin back during his Cap run.

My favorite example is that infamous Batgirl cover with Joker

Really, Amerifats?

How about they apologize for not at least trying to make Jean Grey look attractive? Now that was a real sin, she looked like an alien.

Reminder that this is the person complaining about the billboard being harmful to women.

Reminder to add the fucking pic.

Robert Rodriguez's is crying about this,really,Planet Terror has two attempted raped scenes and a fuck ton of tna.

No it was the girl in the picture Rose Arianna McGowan,but your points still stand.

DC did it first, like always

DC didn't take that down, Albuquerque did. DC didn't give a shit and even made a parody cover of it.

SJW won't survive Mexico.

So, let me guess.
If the billboard shower Quicksilver getting his leg fucked up by Apocalypse no one would've said a thing.
Equality.

Also, I wonder if pic related would fly today.

This just shows that women aren't allowed to be characters. They complain that there aren't enough female characters in most movies, but as soon as you do anything with them as a character, you're oppressing them.
Men are allowed to get hurt, to die, to make mistakes, and be bad people. Women aren't. THAT is why there aren't as many female characters in media.

Really? Do they complain about the actual scene in the movie too?

Albuqureque doesn't have the authority to take it down. He's a freelancer under Work For Hire. (same as the Batgirl team)

They used his "request" as a convenient scapegoat.

*showed

Didn't this bird use to fuck Marilyn Manson?

>Women are strong and fierce
>The second she is hurt or threatened women cry and call victim.

Well that picture is a cartoonish boogieman menacing a woman in a way that visualy indicates what happens in the movie is in a dream.

The X-Men poster is a human-ish looking man choking a woman in a way that is more realistic.

I JUST REALISED SOMETHING

How the hell do SJWs wield such power? Are they multimillionaires? Do they extort politicians and bankers? Do they have mind control powers?

I truly cannot understand it.

>women are strong and independent and should be able to fight as well (read: better) than the guys!
>B-B-BUT THEY SHOULD NEVER GET HURT OR BE IN ANY SORT OF DANGER OF THOSE AWFUL MEN!
This is why the designated girl fight exists.

As far as I can tell, they don't even care about comics. From a business perspective, why even listen to non-investors?

> "Fox was quoted as saying: 'I thought you all wanted to see Jennifer Lawrence getting choked.'
>'I just don't know what you like any more.'"

Pretty sure the reason people complained wasn't just that in the movie "the villain is doing something villainous" or that a female is put in danger. It's that they're using that specific shot of a woman getting choked by a guy to advertise the movie. As if this one shot in a movie over two hours long best represents the movie.

>If the billboard shower Quicksilver getting his leg fucked up by Apocalypse no one would've said a thing.
Would that even be a good way of advertising a superhero movie? Like for other movies, don't they usually highlight them fighting more evenly or have posters of them looking strong or cool? Like for ASM2, they didn't use posters of Electro frying Spider-Man and Spidey writhing in pain to advertise the movie.

Shit advertisement desu, it doesn't even show off Spider-Man's butt.

That is a good point, but I think you might be giving the people who complained too much credit.

>As if this one shot in a movie over two hours long best represents the movie.
Fuck off, faggot. These cunts wouldn't have complained if it was a guy getting choked.

They why is the billboard ad getting attention instead of the scene in the movie that it came from?

Worked for TDKR. Granted, Batman's broken mask was more of an implication than a straight up fact of breaking the Bat, but it helped to establish that Bane is terrifying.
Whether the movie succeeded to do the same is a different story.

It's done to show just how powerful Apocalypse is.
He's a very big deal in the X-men comics, and as such will be shown to be that much more dangerous than a normal villain.

Because the movie's shit and no one wants to watch it.

Good.

It sends the wrong message to our mutant children.

DC gave him Batgirl after it was all said and done.

Meanwhile Marvel is probably never going to hire Cho again.

>Never going to hire Cho again.
Hahahahahahha.
They'll be tripping over themselves to get him back on anything as soon as humanly possible.

Cho is considered toxic and his contract is done with.

DC will probably be happy to hire him though.

Their loss. He's a good artist. His art very smut based, but that's not always bad.

Yes the heroes are shown being in peril while combatting a dangerous villain and might not make it out

Though in that case, the movie is definitely trying to make people think of the Knightfall story arc. Seeing scenes adapted from that story, like Bane breaking Batman's back, is something people wanted to see. However like you said, they used implication to advertise the terror without having to actual show Bane breaking Batman's back, which only further helps since people would then want to go and actually see that.

It could probably be done in other ways. I think even having some image of the heroes lying defeated before Apocalypse would've worked better than using the specific image of him choking a woman.

Like I bet when they have ads for the Justice League movie or Infinity War movie, they aren't going to put up billboards of Superman being choked by Darkseid or Captain Ameirca being choked by Thanos to establish what big threats they are.

>Toxic
DC already has him on Wonder Woman covers.

>Cho is considered toxic
No he's not. And he doesn't need either company. He makes enough on commission alone.

>two blue people
>realistic

Apologizing doesn't cost anything. FOX got what they wanted out of it -- free publicity.

Whelp, i got a hard-on

>DC didn't take that down, Albuquerque did
In what universe does an artist have the ability to do that

Hey I love Cho but the SJW hate him and actively boycott his books. That's who Marvel wants to please. He's probably not going to be there for the time being.

And he's already on Wonder Woman covers. Only a matter of time until DC puts him on a book.

What the hell is so controversal about something that happens in the movie, showcasing a bad guy doing a bad thing.

Companies should just adopt the Trump Shrug.

>Hey I love Cho but the SJW hate him and actively boycott his books. That's who Marvel wants to please. He's probably not going to be there for the time being.

People actually believe this horseshit?
They were never buying his books to begin with.
I'd put good money on the fact that Marvel wanted to renew Cho's contract but he had decided to move onto something else.

He'll always have a place at the big 2.

Hell, fucking BOOM! studios is falling over themselves to sign him up for deals.

>a 9-year old using "committing violence" in conversation
>a 9-year old confused by villain choking hero
>why is the monster man doing bad things

I'm not sure that the audience you're imagining really exists, and if it does, that it's a significant portion of the already paltry number of people who read comic books

Seriously. These three posts are all you need to read to realize this whole thing is a bunch of bullshit. It's not like the user who posted the Spiderman picture made a bad point, in that it's not a very good advertisement of the movie. The other two posts sum up perfectly the reasons why the people complaining are a bunch of dead brained fucking retards though, and are actually displaying sexism against women.

So, if you're just passing by this thread and want to see three posts to read to sum the whole thing up, there you go.

This doesn't promote violence against women, this promotes violence against Jennifer Lawrence. Which is never a bad thing.

Also bitches be too sensitive.

In the Mystique solo movie. The villain rights a strongly worded letter to the editor against mutants.

Because violence in an action movie is bad when the female hero has to get hit.

Except the part where they have to be faithful to their husbands and learn how to cook.

Reminded me of this.
#CHANGETHEBEES
youtube.com/watch?v=-kWW9luMD4M

Except the women can't be shown as defeated. That would imply they were beaten by him. Only the males would be allowed to be there.

Anyone else tired of SJW's pulling their children into shit and pretending like the kids even understand the lines they are being fed? Whatever happened to it being considered distasteful when people tried using children to push agendas?

Kid sounds like a fuckin' retard

>Black Widow Movie
>The villain makes an unkind remark on her twitter and she has to find out who it is and stop them

Are you implying that SJW propagandists are unethical monsters who put their own ideologies before their children's developmental well-being?

I think they wanted to use a shot from the actual movie, and didn't have a better one that conveyed the same thing. Also the one shows him having a hero literally in his hands, which conveys the massage of his power pretty well, though I might personally have used a more powerful hero instead.

Because using that single frame out of a two hour movie gives the impression that the best representation a movie can give, the image that marketers thought would make people want to see the movie, is a man choking a woman.

Even if you try to make the excuse that it's showing the strong bad guy is strong and bad, with his abilities the best thing that they can use to show off his power is being able to choke someone? And Mystique isn't even a physically strong fighter, so it's not like choking her is badass.

You can't boycott something you don't consume in the first place.

How does that knife work?

A company won't take any chances they'll clutch their pearls and pull everything like the bitches they are.

Capitulation is what allowed the Nazis to spread unchecked through so much of Europe.

It's the main villain putting the poster girl in peril.
It's the same shit comics have been putting on their covers forever.

People will go to the theater to see if she gets out of it.

Mystique kicked half the army to death in Days of Future Past. She even beat up Wolverine in the first movie.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

The only reason sjw are winning is because people let them. Blame those people, not the sjw

It franks.

Mexico is all about giving hot dickings to fat chicks, though. Maybe it will mellow them out.

Doesn't her fighting style involve a lot of dodging rather than tanking hits? She can get a lot of offense in, but she isn't exactly like Wolverine or Colossus where she can take heavy damage.

Who's business is it how they advertise their movie? Maybe it is 2 hours of Apocalypse choking people.

He's a fucking villain! Holy shit, he doesn't give a fuck about PC or sexism, he'll kill you both equally.

They don't. The billboards were not taken down.

Now if only they'd apologize for the shitty movie

So why is the Joker scowling at Nazi Tits?
Who is Nazi Tits?

She's good as an ambush fighter but if she's outmatched (especially against a mutant) she'll get beat

>shit movie gets free advertising from idiots
Who cares? Stop posting this thread.

I don't understand why all these companies keep apologizing for things they know aren't wrong, to people who have no real power over them.
If you feed the birds, they'll never leave you alone.

The perfect role model for little girls

The answer will really blow your mind.

galbrush paradox in action. feminists yet again are their own worst enemy. bring up the galbrush paradox to them though, and they'll claim it's not real and only nonexistent straw feminists complain. this is the joker cover all over again.

yea, but this is ok? Cause fuck men, men are disposable, you send them to mines, oil rigs, war, you let men die and get hurt. Women, we keep in the kitchen and bedrooms to cook and make babies.

"Feminism" sure as fuck doesn't make sense today. It made way more sense 8 years ago.

That's... I.... What?

How the fuck did that character design ever get out of the concept stage? "Yeah, a bull-dyke nazi muscle woman with swash on her T and A who wears assless chaps and no shirt. Sounds like an timeless classic!"

>woman