How did Disney get away with having the same character for three movies in a row?

How did Disney get away with having the same character for three movies in a row?

In the same exact manner they get away with having 2 sequels to just about every movie they can get away with

Disney didn't get away with anything. Viewers were getting tired of Disney's shit, and their revenue was dropping steadily until the late 80s.

Every movie needs a Baloo.

same way Sam L does it, Clint Eastwood, Nicholson etc.

people think shoehorning in celebrity guests is new. it's not
the difference is the celebrities used to be genuinely talented performers, known for performing in exactly the kind of production that the movie was going to be.
but there also werent that many of them, so of course you were gonna use the same one a couple times.

Because he kicked ass at it

Disney was having it rough by this point.
They wouldn't get another big hit until Little Mermaid.

Because Walt Disney died

>using the shitty Blu-Rau rip for comparison

blame google.

Technically The Rescuers was a pretty big hit, but it didn't bring out a renaissance.

That bit of recycled Jungle Book animation with Little John dancing with the chicken was so blatant I remember calling bullshit on that as a kid.

I still like Robin Hood but the animation really could be kind of distracting.

Yeah, how the fuck did they get away with copypasting Turbo, Hans, Callaghan and Bellwether?

Disney was running out of money by Robon Hood and thus had to recycle some animation.

Because Toon Actors used to be allowed to play multiple roles in different pictures. But noooooo, we can't have that anymore.
>Audiences would get too distracted by characters looking too similar as other characters
Well that doesn't explain why Hollywood allows Human actors to play multiple characters. Now a the only way for a Toon to get steady work in this business is to land a TV deal, or be able to live off the royalties of their one movie, and hopefully, a shitty squeal. I tell ya, discrimination against Toons is even worse now than it was back then. Hell when the actress who played Rapunzel played that girl in Frozen, people were up in arms.
>There's no variety with women in animation
Yeah, well just because Toons are tough to kill doesn't mean they don't eat. I tell ya, the state of the world we live in today.

Jungle Book, Snow White, and even a little Aristocats in that scene.

Those three films had very different circumstances for each production period & release. The Jungle Book wrapped up production before Walt Disney passed. The Aristocats was the last Animated Feature to be approved by Walt Disney. Robin Hood was the first film the company made without Walt Disney's guidance.

love of poppa bear is universal.

The xerox era was bad for disney, and the late 60s/70s/early 80s werent much better

IMO the pinnacle of True disney were the first 5 films up to WWII. Pinnochio, fantasia, dumbo (and kinda snow white) were drawn so masterfully

Yea because that is definitely the only time that has ever happened