What is Sup Forums's opinion of straight edge? A lot people on Sup Forums preach abstaining from masturbating, drugs...

What is Sup Forums's opinion of straight edge? A lot people on Sup Forums preach abstaining from masturbating, drugs, and other degenerate activities. That philosophy sounds very similar to straight edge.

its dumb

Straight edge, vegans, atheists, crossfitters, gay people and black people

It's not an accomplishment to just be things. Stfu nobody gives a damn

I don't see any straight edge people older than 21

Now it would okay if those people chose not to do any of that, but didn't have to tell the world.

Not doing drugs and booze and shit is fine. Calling yourself straight-edge and drawing X's on your hands and shit is being a faggot.

Faggots and shut in degenerates deluded that they are somehow better

straight edge is a subculture of hardcore punk music, that's really it. kids claim edge to be a part of the scene then quit being edge when they leave the scene

I've been nailed to the X for over 20 years. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. Revolution not rehab. Hardline all the way. Fuck Posi. Ian Mackay not Leftover Crack. Stay sXe.

fuck you crack rock steady all day erry day

dude weed lmao

i don't drink, smoke, or do drugs of any kind but if you unironically refer to yourself as "straight edge", you are a fucking faggot.

anyone who isnt straight edge is by definition weak and stupid.
You are ingesting and inhaling poison. By choice.
You are letting your body get destroyed, all to get some kind of mental kick out of it.
If that isn't ultimate cuck level then what is? How about you do actually useful things and get a kick out of that?
A radical idea, I know.

And no one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try and with the odds stacked up against me I'll have to fight. One life, one chance gotta do it right.

They are a bunch of faggots who don't even vape!

Aren't they anti racist?

have you ever met a smoker who ISNT trying to quit? They are the ones that have the problems, not "straight edge" people. People who have no addictions have no problems with addictions.

Absolutely not. My old crew hated most minorities.

B8.

But seriously you're going to die anyways. Better to not be a stupid faggot swinging his arms at a show in your teens/20s than live to be 90 where guess what. You'll be forced to take all sorts of drugs to survive.

People claim to be straightedge but eat sugar, drink caffeine, play video games, masturbate.

Everything. Is. Chemicals.

Some are though. I've seen them on Gangland and I can remember some posers in high school who were like that

FSU.
FUCK SHIT UP
Anti neo Nazis
Boston hardcore

Does medication count? I fucking hate smokers and drinkers though

Putting any kind of mind-altering substance into your body is degenerate.

what about cum

Yeah masturbation is also degenerate.

*And so is any kind of sexual activity done outside of marriage and without the explicit goal of procreation.

Recreational drug culture has become so mainstream that abstinence is now counter-cultural, edgy and rebellious.

It's now more counter-cultural to wear a suit than it is to get a tattoo. Amazing times we live in.

Nice and edgy posts Kim

If you disagree you are a degenerate.

was straight edge for about 16 years. not a bad thing, helped keep me focused on work and not getting fucked up.

Its just a descriptive term for most people into it, not everyone into that is a judgmental fag.

from what I understand straight edge is a reactionary sort of movement (by reactionary I don't necessarily mean 'traditionalist', but that it's actually a 'reaction to') in punk and other youth culture communities by people who are disillusioned by their movement.
basically if you go around calling yourself 'straight-edge' like you're part of the crew, people might look at you funny and think you're being insincere in some sense (and maybe you are) because if you're out of the scene you're no different than an average conservative person.

so go ahead and take heroin too. oh and crack. and alcohol.
oh and why not just have unprotected sex with street whores too. Cuz who cares amiright? #yolo

that's you. You are literally a #yolo faggot

It's also degenerate to dress like a slob outside your home (e.g. leaving the house in T-shirt and jeans) and to swear.

this is the unfortunate world we live in. to be a rebel in todays society is to think like a normal individual would. dislike drugs and all that shit, dislike mentally ill trannies and homosexuals etc.

/thread

only non-straight edge people use the term. They cant understand that living without the influence of drugs or stupid poisonous food and drinks is the norm. it is normal. that is how we are supposed to love. There is no requirement for the body to poison itself, that is purely what you do to yourself.

>don't fuck
There's a difference between not drinking or smoking from being a fag

Fine by me.

I think it was Milo Yiannopoulos (complete trash) that said the truest counterculture in our generation is to go to church and vote for Trump

lel

>Ian MacKaye is 54 years old now
shit

Fuck FSU and that entire crowd. Ruined a few venues that used to be decent back when I was in high school, the church basements/VFWs/whatever wouldn't let people play after the cops got called. Biggest losers and slimeballs I've ever met who thought they were tough for picking on 14 year olds.

>not everyone into that is a judgmental fag.
but that's wrong. hyperbole yes, but almost every single one of them is a judgmental dipshit who thinks they have a moral high ground. Not to mention the fact that 90%+ sxe kids give it up by the time they either start getting invited to parties from the more popular kids in high school, turn 18, or go to college. It's normal for there to be groups of friends who don't party or fuck around in high school without calling themselves straight edge.

>People claim to be straightedge but eat sugar, drink caffeine, play video games, masturbate

Yeah. That's the problem with straight edge. Vice varies upon individuals, you know what's harmful to you and what practices you're guilty of. I for instance am "straight edge" and always have been, but it's because I'm antisocial, there is no effort on my part. For me to consider myself straight edge truly, I'd have to fix what I think is wrong with my personality and my actions.

The problem with you though is that while you can see straight edge is sort of bullshit, you brush the whole thing away, why self improve if "but seriously you're going to die anyways"?

I'm just this way naturally, it isn't some statement I'm making.

>to go to church and vote for Trump

The problem is 90% of the churches are captured institutions that preach homosexual acceptance and mass migration, and would tell you not to vote for Trump. I am convinced only a tiny minority of the Catholic hierarchy even believes in God. Protestantism is not even worth mentioning, since it's obviously false.

Here. Quit drinking and fapping around 8 months ago. Subscribe to the belief sex is only for reproduction and reproduction only.

8 months ago took a vow of Akhanda Brahmachari (pure celibacy for 12 years). Feels good to say I wont ever masturbate in my life again.

AMA I guess.

It's called being responsible. You can do anything in moderation with proper self control and intelligence. I've did every mainstream street and pharm drug and had unprotected sex.
Now I just drink a few beers a week, have a steady job and a couple of kids.
I'm not advocating drug use, but either do em or don't do them. You survive on Starbucks and Monsters, Doritos and candy. You eat antibiotic drenched red meat. You're just as bad as a drug user except you don't even realize you're addicted to those things.
"Muh precious body"
>Says the straightedge faggot with tattoos and piercings no real job and a bad relationship with taco bell.

>AMA

I think they would be more interested in what you have to say on leddit.

> MUH MODERATION

go moderately kill yourself.. oh wait, you already do that :)

and oh, I agree with you. I dont drink coffee anymore and I'm not gonna lie to you. My biggest vice is soda and I'm still attemping to stop but I'm GOING to stop and I have identified it as a problem.
That is so far beyond what other people do in this society.
I dont have tattoos or piercings buddy. It turns out that being a normal human being that identifies poison and stupid things in general is possible and in fact healthy and normal.

I'm not saying I'm doing heroin in the bathroom of a waffle house in the morning and going to bed with a 40 in my hand every night. I just don't force a set of rules upon my lifestyle that were brought upon by fucking teenagers in flat bills.

You'll end up taking drugs or medicine sometime in your life. They can be good and useful things. This goes for a lot of vices. That's why humans have them.
It's when you lose self control that it's bad.
Straight edge is a movement that claims to have no self control so it all must go.

It's like an abstinence vs protected sex debate.
sXe are doom and gloom losers who are scared of life.
Use them safely teach moderation because ultimately it comes down to the individual choice and no amount of bro hood joy is going to stop that.

Still alive. Still healthy bro. Enjoy your cringey teen years

Giving the tobacco or alcohol industry money to poison your body is the height of cuckoldry.

I guess I follow straight edge stuff. I didn't even know it was a thing, but I don't drink or smoke or fuck random women. All it is is just putting some responsibility and self-worth is your life. But the x's and shit are lame.

Right here is the face of degeneracy. Trying to shame/lure others into partaking of sin via mockery, questioning of manhood, etc.

>c'mon bro, fuck a hooker like the rest of us, are you a pussy?

Die hellspawn.

I'm 26 and I've been str8edg for two years now.
AMA?

I have about 3 beers a month, don't do drugs, smoke a few a day. It'd not like the options are abstinence or addiction, grow up faggots.

Fuck Ian McKaye. Minor Threat a shit - Fugazi a shit

Lol. Unprotected sex =/= a hooker
Find a nice girl you know and learn her history. Date her to find out if you like her. Make sure she's on birth control and fuck her like an animal.

I'm eating all the b8 right now

The difference between a non degenerate lifestyle and straight edge is beating people up who disagree with you.

what's your dad's dick taste like

>Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. Revolution not rehab. Hardline all the way.
I have never cringed harder in my life.

>Straightedge
>Inserting objects into your body
Unironically,kys

Protestantism has always been the non-degenerate alternative to Catholic idol worship.

Straight Edge (at least the NY scene) are some of the most degenerate people I've ever seen

They constantly fuck shit up, get into fights, and act like assholes to everyone

why is that?
I'm open but it sounds quite retarded desu.

>no drugs
>no alcohol
>no smoking
>sex only in serious long term relationships
I've always lived this way and intend to continue it

>sex outside of marriage
>birth control to stay barren and reduce sex to a carnal act with no relation to God
>elimination of humanity via vulgar, bestial language like "fuck her like an animal"

You are a degenerate piece of shit.

underrated

Any Christianity that doesn't keep the Torah nor the Sabbath is false, including Catholicism.

Because they're large groups of sober people going to a place with a large amount of intoxicated people.

That's like going to your local bar and being all cynical about how the people are acting.

"Look that guy can't even walk hurr dur my lifestyle" like yeah, he's at a fucking bar getting drunk.

>And I say also unto thee, That thou art Luther, and upon this Luther I will build my church, 1500 years from now

Oops, wait, I don't think that's quite how it goes.

you got beat up during high school didn't you?

Now your b8 is just getting to obvious.
You're an r9k parody

Why sex only for reproduction? Why is sex with your wife only not ok?

I guess I'm technically a straight edge dude.

Alcohols are just drinks not drugs so they don't count.

A pill won't keep your dick from falling off Tre.

>it's b8 xDD

Sad.

filthy fucking nigger

Nah every straight edge person I've met has been firmly against any kind of alcohol. Even beer.

They also all ended up being the pussiest drunks I've ever met. My buddy is this 250lb bear who was one the /r9k/ tier straight edge people.

First night he drank he ended up crying in a shed for 45 minutes and pissed himself.

>missionary sex only for the purpose of reproduction
No wonder south Korean women always come back home with our army boys
>being cucked by white man's God and obeying his rules
Now that's the real sadness

Hence the nice girl, learn her history, date her and get to know her.

Sex with your wife only for the purposes of reproduction means not using any kind of birth control or otherwise attempting to hinder the production of a child. It doesn't mean you should only have sex once a year.

Right.... I can see that. Are you married? If so how many children do you have?

I think I'd be ok with this but the only problem is that I have to be loaded to be able to bear with supporting a possible super big family.

Worst Korea is right. Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

The Child Tax Credit goes a long way towards helping that. I've got three kids and the only thing I really have less of is free time, which I waste anyway.

Abstaining from alcohol and drugs is great. Putting a special marking on your hand because of it and boasting about kinda dumb though. Also aren't straightedgers mostly vegans aswell?

I never smoke/drink but I don't think that's anything worth celebrating over. It's just you know, the practical thing to do.

What is this Child Tax Credit? I remember my dad talking about it and I somehow bringing the dough to the house but tell me more, my pink friended ID comrade.

If you work enough during the year you get something like 2000 dollars per kid claimed, up to something like 5 kids, and then it's just a reduced rate for anything above that.

I got $8000 back in my taxes this year, for instance.

That's not bad at all. Wish you luck, I envy you in a good way brother.

I hung out with quite a few straight edge dudes that had good jobs, toured in bands, had wives etc, and knew plenty of dudes around the country that were the same. Most of our friends werent straight edge. Its a silly generalization.

Hardcore rules

Judiazers are literally BTFO in Acts

Get yourself a good wife brother, we're all gonna make it.

"chemicals" is not the point, the point is not getting intoxicated and shit. has nothing to do with video games or masturbating lol

What is alcohol tolerance?

Sup Forums is straight edge but will claim to be something else in the same way that all hipsters claim to not be hipsters. They want to think of themselves as better than everyone, much like hipsters.

I'd say not to knock anything until you try it. Psychedelic drugs are neat when used responsibly.

So, how often should couples have sex?

FUCK OFF CLEAR CHANNEL NIGGER