Does anyone else think this is a waste, why not cast her as Captain Marvel

Does anyone else think this is a waste, why not cast her as Captain Marvel.

Because they want a white female for the lead.

Tessa would be a good fit for Monica Rambeau, and while I would love to have Auntie Monica in the MCU, I'm deathly afraid they would just make her Carol's black best friend ala Rhodey.

that Indian girl from Quantico should be Carol

I pretty much expect that Monica MCU will be the black friend of Carol like Rodhes if for Stark and Falcon to Cap.

I like Monica as a character.

But why can't the name "Captain Marvel" be a legacy specifically attached to Kree/Marv characters like Carol is? Why do Monica fans insist she have it, instead of getting her own name?

What was wrong with "Photon"?

>White
>thinking of Danvers instead of Monica when someone talks about Captain Marvel
Get the fuck out of here

Yet again another wasted opportunity to actually bring in a originally conceived black character or even just an Asian one

I bet she we will barely get to do anything and be like a maid like idris was a doorman.

>female
>thinking of Danvers or Monica instead of superior Rick Jones when someone talks about Captain Marvel
Get the fuck out of here

You are deluded as fuck if you think Monica is starring in the new Captain Marvel film instead of Danvers.

>What was wrong with "Photon"?
It fucking sucks. Even if Captain Marvel doesn't fit her, it's the only decent name she's ever had.
Just let Monica be Monica.

Ask Aaron Stack.

Also bring Monica in the MCU, so we can have that Nextwave movie.

This.

She'll have a minor role, they just decided to announce that a black woman is playing a white character to drum up attention. Comic book fans will complain and racists will complain, and then the SJWs will group them together and say comic book fans are racist and it's not a white boys' club anymore and blah blah blah blah BLAH FUCKING BLAH.

Spectrum is cool

they can't use Boom-Boom though
who could you replace her with

It's fine. It'll service as an MCU name that nobody uses in favour of calling her Monica.

>Just let Monica be Monica.

That would be fine, I'm just so baffled by the constant torrent of "Monica should be CM" every time it's brought up, when the name is SO attached to Kree/Marv stuff while she has NOTHING to do with that legacy and basically stole it.

ms america? there's not a whole lot of young women marvel has access to without the mutants, cassie lang could have worked if she wasn't five in ant-man

Mac's a straight man, she wouldn't have Boom-Boom's comedy potential.
And yes, I realise the irony of a straight man being a lesbian.

Admit it. You're just upset Valkyrie will be played by a black actress.

Why shouldn't he be?

>SJW's will argue up and down for carol being their over monica despite monica being better in every way.
This hypocrisy is awful. carol is and will always be a fucking awful. Why push her?

How about Bombshell (the original, not the Ultimate version)? She's got relatively similar powers, and she's obscure enough that you could basically make her Boom-Boom and no one would really care.

I don't think SJWs would argue for Carol over Monica, if only because they probably don't know who Monica is.

Seems appropriate. I could see her replacing Tabby for a Nextwave show/movie.
Sucks that we lose the name Boom-Boom, though.