Anyone ever done any research on the link between NEETs/manchildren and kids who grow up in single parent homes with no...

Anyone ever done any research on the link between NEETs/manchildren and kids who grow up in single parent homes with no dad?

Does the manchild lifestyle come about, in part because growing up without a dad DOES serious damage to a child's psyche? As if to say that without the love of a father/the father providing them support and guidance growing up, that many young men rebel against their single moms by refusing to grow up out of spite towards them? Like going Galt by refusing to become a man, due to their moms denying them the father figure necessary to grow up to be men?

I ask because I had a rather disturbing conversation with a coworker, who I had drinks with a couple of nights ago. The guy is a total manchild (buys comics, action figures, and other childish things along with living with his mom at age 32) and yet never talks about his personal life or anything remotely adult.

After plying him with liquor, he went on a tangent about how he never knew his dad (his mom got knocked up while vacationing in Florida) growing up and how she refused to ever tell him about who his dad was/bribed him with toys and comics and trading cards to shut him up anytime he asked about him, as if to distract him. And that she was super-protective of him growing up, never letting him play sports or visit friends houses or anything remotely normal, instead parking him in front of a TV to watch cartoons or play video games, rather than let him socially interact with others. Or even drive a car/own a car (mommy drives him to work and back and to any places he likes to go). Even him going to a gathering after work at a bar was a stretch, as his mom didn't want to let him do it, but he whined to her about "how he wanted to fit in" to get her to let him go.

Guy was super bitter and all but stated that he resented never having a dad. And seemed to have a deeper resentment towards his mom and wanting to drain her dry, of everything she had financially, with his manchild lifestyle.

This seriously is my favorite meme ever. Top fucking 3.

My mom split and took me with her when I was 6yo. The shit that came from that and how generally fucked up, well, everyone in my family is has led to me being the social-avoidant NEET manchild I am today. I'm 22 today(well, yesterday now) and I can't drive, have never held a job, have no friends, and hardly leave the house.

You definitely need a father, there has to be some sort of connection. The one NEET kissless virgin I know grew up in a fatherless household, and now he's full /r9k/.

I feel like no father figure in a person's life means nobody to kick your ass when you start getting comfortable, nobody to say "no" to you when you start failing to pull your own weight. No father also stresses out the mother-- she has no man in her life and if she has a male child she clings to that like dear life. Coddles the fuck out of him, lets him get by living at home with no job, bringing him tendies or whatever while he just stays in his room all day.

There's a reason it takes both a man and a woman to create a child. It also takes both to raise one.

But men become NEET because they're able to. If your needs are provided for why work?

My co-worker works because his mom wants him to so she can make it seem like she raised a winner: IE her kid has a job and career while her friends all have druggies and bums on SSI, living off the government teat.

Apparently in white trash America, having a kid with a steady job, especially one that pays more than minimum wage, is better than having one that doesn't work and draws a check each month.

I think it's the opposite: the dad's job is to prepare kids for the outside world and basically guide him through the stages and benchmarks of the path to adulthood.

Kicking your ass can have the opposite effect; I've met many of people, since moving South, of people who flat out state their dads were abusive assholes and that was one of the main reasons they became drug addicts and fuck-ups. Or worse, in terms of super-permissive parents who don't do a damn thing to discipline their kids, because they are butt hurt men who grew up thinking that being a dad means beating your kids for the slightest thing and refuse to discipline their kids, period because of how it scared them.

Paternal discipline without any warm, heart, or legitimate reason can fuck you up just as much as not having any paternal influence.

I find it interesting how you're acknowledging these people (drug addicts, "fuck-ups", NEETs, "manchildren") became this way because of circumstances beyond their control

yet you still backhandedly insult those same people in the same posts for being drug addicts, fuck-ups, NEETs, manchildren

>tldr: can you really blame them

growing up without a father messes up a lot of kids, but occasionally some figure out that they don't have to end up like their parent(s) and rebel into a better life

i'm one of the latter, i cut ties completely with all of my family and later changed my last name to that of my best mate. when people ask me about my childhood i just change the subject or say it wasn't that good and leave it at that.

my favourite quote for this sort of thing is one by bill gates: "if you are born poor it is not your mistake, if you die poor it is your mistake".

you don't have to re-enact the exact same life your parents had, you can change everything in a single day if you get angry enough.

Yeah no. Half the NEETS I know ( I am one too for clarity) are apart of upper-middle class Mother-father households.

My parents divorced at age 5, but I spent my time with parents half/half. It legitimately has little/nothing to do with NEETs. NEETs are just pragmatists realizing that life is fucking pointless, and just go full effortless with whatever they can.

I had a dad but he was mostly just an asshole and sat on his computer from the time he got home from work until bed. I don't think he wanted a family really. I'm sort of a NEET I guess. I got laid off which was out of my control. Now I have unemployment and I'm going to college, but only part time because I can't afford full time.

I live in the South but grew up on the West Coast, from a decent nuclear family surrounded by a decent support system.

My job is in the office side of health care industry (dealing with records, insurance claims, etc) and I see a lot of the worst of humanity in the people I deal on the job.

I moved to the South with my wife (she has family there and since we're conservative, we wanted to raise our kids someplace in Red State America). I'll admit to having some bias but am trying to understand things better, since I'm one of the lucky ones who grew up normal.

My dad was around but he wasn't worth a damn when it came to raising a man. It pains me to say that. He probably should have never been a father.
I think my life has been harder because he was totally emotionally unavailable. Women raise boys, not men, so my mother could only do so mucheck.
My teen years were incredibly difficult. I was Elliot Rodger-tier. I didn't feel human.
It would have been extremely helpful to have a man around to tell me that my mother was lying or clueless when she said girls like nice guys, be a gentleman, it's okay to go in your basement every day and sulk after school, people should like you for who you are, never change, etc.
I ended up hating my mother for a long time. I only recently realized that this was all my father's fault.
Teaching myself how to be a man is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Dadless adult child reporting. Every time mom complains, about anything, I give her that "you did this" look. And she buys it every fucking time. Because you're absolutely right, OP. Women are children themselves. How can they be expected to raise anything else.

Who am I kidding though, I was raised by a Nintendo. Some unholy combination of single mom + neglect scrambled my brain. I have a long history of spotty employment, aversion to bureaucracy and persistent silly behavior into my 30s. By some miracle I still look like a teenager. Maybe a lack of stress?

Life didn't give me lemons, it gave me a complete lack of embarrassment. If you're out in public and you see somebody growling in a bear onesie, say hello.

Having a weak father as a role model isnt too great either.

Really depends, seen manchildren from all sorts of households. Nr 1 cause when you dig deep is alway bullying. This makes guys outcaststs and they either become tryhards or give up and escape into nerd culture.

Note on that.. I was bullied a lot, before that I was a happy kid, had a lot of trust in people. I had both parents availble and both were ok, but distaced myself from my dad as he was a whiny and depressing sort if character. My mom was the one helping me with work ethics and the one to set expectations.. so work wise I am fine, I only suffer socially, and no how I look at it, I cant blame my parents. Just shitty classmates whi wanted bully me to appear on top of things.

This is true in most cases.
Parents split when I was little. Like teeny tiny little. I had a dream when i was around 16-17 or so about being pretty much a toddler. Or from a really small childs perspective. And there was an asian girl around 12-13 or so.
I had brought it up in conversation because it was one of those ones that stuck with me after waking very strongly.
Mentioned it to mom and from what I described it was a house we lived in when I was a toddler and the asian grill is my half sister. Other than that I have no memory whatsoever of anything before that. If it could even be called a memory.

Anyways enough of that/ I'm far from a neet though. I never was a total fuck up as a kid or even through my teenage years much. I had a cuckdad who came in the picture when I was 12 but him and I fucking loathed one another.
Hell I came home from work when I was 16 and my bags were packed and on the front porch with a note attached that summed it up as my dad threw me out when I was your age, Get a better job or join the army like I did (he was discharged for going awol)
Fuck it went off on my own. Couch hoped at friends places and had a few weeks left of my senior year.
Get an apartment with my older buddy by 17.
Working full time at 17 sucks.
Parents racked up some bills and shit in my name when I was gone. Figure out they can't file me on taxes and report me as a runaway.
Go through some bullshit. Cop who knows me and looked out for all of us shitheads is mediator between juvie judge and everything.
Explaining wtf id going on and judge is trying to sort it all out. Actually doesn't want to deal with this mess.
He figures out my stepdad and mom are real shitheads.
Tells me I can't legally live on my own cause I'm a minor.......or he can emancipate me. I hear him out on it and the details.
He calls down one of the court appointed lawyers and she walks me through the whole process.
No turning back now.
Actually get harassed by my mom quite frequently.

Cont
Work a stream of shitty jobs and get into college. Financial aid gets fucked cause it was based off parents income and I was "In a grey area" They wouldn't send them records out of spite.
(Come to find out my cuckdad was fudging taxes and had been for like a decade)
End up fucking off and going to culinary school at 20.
Worked in kitchens and my bossman tells me all about it. Explains its not a great field but you'll find good paying work anywhere on the planet.
Company actually has a little known program where they payed 25% of tuition for people serious about climbing the ladder. Had to be a field regarding it and it usually came with salary and some sort of promotion after everything is said and done.
I took em up on it.
Left that company after a few years.
Old buddy gets out of the military.
We reconnect.
Look around and all the potheads at work. realize the dishwasher is making more than I fucking am off these guys.
Put together a 7200 watt shed grow with buddy.
Grow dope.
Make connections.
Make mad fucking money cause it all gets liquidated at local campuses.
Work my day job.
Own 2 houses in 2 states.
Live in one.
Own a doublewide trailer as well that my niece lives in while she's going to school.
Have a redpilled french grillfriend 10 years younger than me.
2 cars and a jeep.
And a pretty hefty fucking rainy day fund.
Although I would be considered a degenerate fuck you it was survival. You kids have no nuts and go back to your no hymen no diamond stormfag autism. Good luck in life.
Risk < Reward.
Still don't speak to my mom all that much.

Who the fuck gives a shit about you and your life to read that shit? Go fuck yourself, Sherman you pompous normie piece of shit

Wrong person Nigel

My dad died when I was 12. I consider myself a fully functioning adult. I pay bills, I've got a place, I've got a job, I've got a healthy social life. However, I still believe adulthood has ripped the soul out of my body and I still desperately wish to be a kid again.