Why is it the american superhero shows always hate the sun for the hero action stuff?

Why is it the american superhero shows always hate the sun for the hero action stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3K_BkP9Bx-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because bright colours are childish duh, superheroes have to be made edgy with a washed-out grey colour palatte and grimy shadows or no one will ever take them seriously

Criminals come out at night.

mostly...

In the sun you would see that Arrows costume is actually not green but colored in shitty post-production.

Besides any thematic reasons, darkness is good for obscuring things. It sounds counter-intuitive, but you often want to obscure your effects for greater impact - it minimizes the flaws, hides things you don't want seen (like wires or harnesses), and forces the brain to fill in the blanks.

See . This is particularly true for basic blocking and fight scenes.

A good and simple example are Nolan's Dark Knight movies. The bad fight choreography is most pronounced in scenes with the most sun (it's thus not surprising that TDKR was the most hated and picked apart of the bunch). Low light makes it easier to ignore bad/non-existent choreography.

With The Flash, it might prefer dark scenes because the lightning effects stand out brilliantly AND because the overlapping of the effects onto the background will be hard/impossible to notice. Compare this with the (in)famous Bart Allen vs Clark scene in Smallville, where the bad effects are excruciatingly noticeable.

Well that depends on the kind of criminal, really. Home burglars, for example, tend to favor early mornings right after people leave for work. Most organized crime isn't particularly bound by the clock either, especially if we're mostly talking drugs and gambling operations.

Of course, if we're talking kidnappers and serial murderers and stuff, I imagine most of them would tend to favor the cover of darkness.

early morning is favored cause its generally the end of the night shift and start of the morning so everyone but the criminal is tired, thus distracted/not paying attention, and there is just enough darkness to be useful, while most people are awake when dusk settles

Thanks, this will be usefull for...reasons.

Because filming at night is better than using a shit color filter during the day

And when you don't have a filter and still do it better?

meant for

Shit that's goid

kek

The choreography in Wizard is really good. The sword fights especially.

>those plastic staffs
>how they tremble when the faggot grabs it

TOP FUCKING KEK

Amazons is a bad example because of the green Matrix filter they put over fucking everything.

And the mainline Kamen Rider and Sentai series that Toei produces are aimed at a younger audience and have a lighter tone to match.

I honestly expected him to dance when they were surrounding him.

this is so gay holy shit

Corners have to be cut when you need those props to last for a year and have a budget of roughly $275k per episode.

It's a pity that the choreography and special effects are all that is good in Wizard because the rest is all crap.

Too bad that's about all it has going for it.

I'm in full agreement. It's a shame that a show with so many interesting ideas just dropped the ball and made a mediocre show instead.

Yeah if only it was super heterosexual like Arrow.

Back to Junior High with you

That choreography is disgusting.

Snyder shut the fuck up

Wouldn't somebody in Junior High like Kamen Rider, seeing as how that's not too far from the target audience?

>don't criticize the shitty props of this children show!

Calm down manchild

Nah, they'd call it gay in an attempt to seem cool when really all they're doing is making themselves seem like douchebags (Speaking from experience)

I don't even care if people don't like it, I'm just making fun of the choice of words

You have experience with junior high school kids who may or may not like Kamen Rider?
Outside of the ones "present" on Sup Forums that is.

Sorry for using English, it probably offends yours weeb sensibilites

Nah, I just dealt with a lot in junior high that makes me sound like an idiot when I try to talk about it, but I got over it a long time ago

Speak American, boy

Here's some american:
You're a fucking faggot

Oooh, good comeback, did your mom write it for you?

>the 'one guy at a time while the other seven take turns' faggotry
>better

Night shooting costs more money, so they can demand a bigger budget. Also, the dark makes it harder to closely examine some costumes, allowing them to get away with cheaper/more 'realistic' outfits. It's easier to take a hero in spandex seriously if you can't see the folds of their spandex.

Note that most of the 'dark scene' shows are for adults. When it comes to children's shows or comedy shows, they don't care so much (see Aquabats, Tattooed Teenaged Alien Fighters From Beveryl Hills, Lazytown, Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog, the live-action Tick, etc.) about how cheap the costumes may or may not look because their target audience isn't going to get embarrassed by getting caught watching a show with funky costuming.

Of course, part of it is also thematic. Arrow's a dark show. Smallville was brooding and dramatic. On the other hand, Flash is a mix of bright and dark and Supergirl's the same.

Japan doesn't really care that much. They don't use dark scenes often because it really IS too expensive most of the time. The shows that do do it more often tend to be adult Toku shows like Cutie Honey: The Live and GARO. But most of the time, their superhero toku shows are aimed at children.

Besides, it's easier to sell toys if you can show off every detail of how cool your hero looks.

A large part of that is because the choreography from these shows borrows heavily from traditional Japanese theaters.

Also, the actors can't see shit in those helmets, so they're basically memorizing the moves they have to go through beforehand.

Nothing you can say changes the fact that your shitty power-rangers adaptation #31209 has god-awful choreography and costume design. As terribly-written as DC shows are, they surpass autistic weebshit on every level of filmography.

Because if a man in a hood shooting arrows at people came out during the day they'd be arrested and/or shot.

>power-rangers adaptation
Bait or actually retarded? I honestly can't tell.

My best guess is, well, for style reasons, but also to hide the budget. Flash or Firestorm for example look terrible in daylight, but look pretty cool in the dark.

Filming in night time is said to be more expensive in itself, though. But that peobably depends on a lot of stuff, locations and all.

>wanting action scenes that look even worse than they already do
wew

>Nah, they'd call it gay in an attempt to seem cool when really all they're doing is making themselves seem like douchebags (Speaking from experience)

Nah that's the people that like these shows.

>lol they kill the villains here they aren't LAME like American superheroes!

>It's a "/m/ makes a thread on Sup Forums" episode.

Don't get me wrong Kamen Rider and things like it are cool and all but for me those sort of shows feel far more childish then the Western Super Hero shows. I'm not even from the West or a Western sympathizer, not sure what it is.

Because they're shows made to sell children's toys. That's what they do now.

youtube.com/watch?v=3K_BkP9Bx-Q

Kids watch it for the toys. Adults watch it for the fights and suits.

But everybody loves the Kellogg's Two Scoops Raisin Bran.

Fuck I wish Kamen Rider did night scenes again. Feels like ages since we've had a scene that didn't take place in broad daylight.

>far more childish then the Western Super Hero shows

One is for actual children, the other is for manchildren who think capeshit has some very deep things to say AND DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!!

Because Batman 1989

I heard only women and little kids watch these types of shows

>roughly $275k per episode.
Nice fake number.

I think there's a good reason for that, seeing as how Kamen Rider and the like are actual kid's shows.

>tfw we will never get a transformation this based ever again

Like these guys
said, the current state of toku is an interesting mix of trying to honor the decades old franchises in the spirit of japanese traditionalism, keep things so simple that the 6 years old kids buy the toys and at the same time so mind-arousing that the adult housewives and otaku accustomed to the modern era special effects watching the show stay entertained.

>keep things so simple that the 6 years old kids buy the toys
I think you're just retarded.

Yeah, as a kid I liked Power Rangers too.

>All these guys forgetting that the appeal of toku is mixing goofy shit with cool shit

>So parents buy toys for their 6 year olds

Better?

Yes, I should have phrased that better. "so that within the 6 year olds enkindles an urge of want to possess toys modeled after the heroes on the screen, leading them to pressure their parents to purchase them" or some shit but that sentence was running long as it was.

Go-Busters had a total budget of $249.9 million dollars. Including the movies.

But only a child would find that cool

Exactly.

You say that on a board about SJW capeshit and tumblr cartoons.

>On Sup Forums
>Specifically on a Cartoon board

>implying I am not here for the mature threads about Euro comics that are for actual adults

Because unlike Japanese superhero shows they can afford the lighting.

>Drawings of tits and ass are more mature

>Comics
>Mature
pick one

Toku of murder

>less lightbulbs = more expensive

Filming at night requires lighting for the actual set and crew in addition to making sure that you can actually see what the fuck is going on in the scene.

So yes, filming in the daytime does require fewer lightbulbs.

I thought the main reason why they film at night is because it's easier and cheaper for CGI.

ITT: "I only watch mature super hero shows like Arrow for mature viewers such as myself

CG doesn't hold up as well in bright light, and the flaws in set pieces/costumes are more easy to see.

Is wish we had more toku costumes in comics. The only one I can sort of think of is the Arkham Knight suit with it's helmet/tacticool combo. Any other examples? I'n sure Spider-Man has a few.

Is Amazons any good? From what I hear it's a Kamen Rider series targeted at adults, which has the potential to be amazing or terrible.

What do you mean by "toku" suits in this case? There's a pretty big variety depending whether we're talking Sentai, Kamen Riders, Ultraman, Metal Heroes, hell even within some of those franchises there's a range of styles.

Like said, there's a wide array of costumes that appear in tokusatsu features. From the tight spandex/rubber of Super Sentai and Ultraman to the bulky chestpieces of Kamen Rider, from the armored looks of the Metal Hero and Garo franchises to the frills and capes of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and the Toei Fushigi Comedy franchise.

Pretty much every Western comic falls into the spectrum somewhere, save for the heroes who don't wear costumes at all. And even then, some of them would count.