THE AVENGERS Composer Alan Silvestri Returning To Marvel Studios To Score INFINITY WAR PART I And II

>Captain America: Civil War's score was a little forgettable, so you can understand why Marvel Studios is turning to composer Alan Silvestri for the soon to be retitled Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II. He worked on Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers, while other non-Marvel credits include Forrest Gump, The Polar Express, Night at the Museum, Flight, The Croods, and The Walk.

>The news of his return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe was made official by Silvestri's website where they announced: "We are pleased to announce that Alan is slated to score the Marvel films "Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II." These films are scheduled for release in May of 2018 and May of 2019."

youtube.com/watch?v=72MeeEMDXps
youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk

Fuck yeah, Silvestri's score on Cap 1 is one of my favorites. Glad he's coming back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKUuyOcKQ-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WL3xuzhBdt4
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=KIhX1OAI5XM
youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
youtube.com/watch?v=fCKtlhOfwtw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=padpEYIkq4c
youtube.com/watch?v=XivmlD9PNMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTuS_Qf5_jk
youtu.be/Iqp5MMF6ACM
youtube.com/watch?v=GBp1Y-LoObs
youtube.com/watch?v=ThxVDSW22cc
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k
youtube.com/watch?v=SG36KyYzlIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac
youtube.com/watch?v=8U-TTvP0J98
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFo5BijsHs
youtube.com/watch?v=N1d8Lylko-c
youtube.com/watch?v=kylH3xjoW1Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLcqNpQhl6W1DfNcGw0b-EHN-yZlh06TFs&v=SNIk-pV4lP4
youtube.com/watch?v=_K7sOplsJJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope we get to hear the individual themes of almost all the avengers in this movie

Frankly there are only 2 themes I can remember from the 13 last movies. The main theme from Iron-man 1 and the main theme from Avengers. Even then, they werent big deal. Most people say cinematography is the low point of the MCU, but Id say its the ost.

They should just get whoever did the music for Raimi SM, Hulk 2003 and X2 for the next movies. Those were memorable.

the only memorable tune he has done, is the winter soldier theme.

should have tried experimenting with something new.

Really? Cause I thought Cap 1 had a more memorable OST than Iron Man 1 or X2.

X2 theme is the GOAT.
Get outta here.

>Frankly there are only 2 themes I can remember from the 13 last movies. The main theme from Iron-man 1 and the main theme from Avengers.

Same here, they're pretty much the only themes that come to mind for me.

I liked the musical in Cap 1 I guess.

Henry Jackman did the Winter Soldier theme, he was the composer for Cap 2.

Agreed. In a time when plenty of other blockbusters are churning out iconic soundtracks, I can't believe these movies have a grand total of like two memorable tracks out of what must be getting close to thousands. Setting aside GotG's licensed music of course.

THE STAR-SPANGLED MAN
WITH THE PLAN

I actually really liked the Thor 2 OST, shame the movie wasn't very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKUuyOcKQ-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WL3xuzhBdt4

Really like the Avengers theme. And Cap's theme already feels iconic.

I guess Star Wars has re-popularized the old-fashioned kind of symphonic scoring.

>Most people say cinematography is the low point of the MCU, but Id say its the ost.

I thought Thor 1 had a pretty great score. Second best of phase one behind Cap's.

>They should just get whoever did the music for Raimi SM

They did. Elfman scored AoU.

I don't remember X2's score. I remember Kamen's score for the first X-men though.

>I actually really liked the Thor 2 OST

Thor 1 was better.

>don't remember X2's score.
plebian scum

MoS' score is more memorable

Now there we can agree.

Man of Steel's score is probably the most memorable out of all the superhero movies in the last decade.

>not Danny Elfman
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=KIhX1OAI5XM

You are talking about Henry Jackman.
Silvestri did the Back to Future OST.

>Hans Zimmer makes overpowering, loud soundtracks
Shocker

Nope.
The Dark Knight's OST is still much better than that.
If you are talking about this decade, DOFP's was still better.

Hans Zimmer has lost a lot of his touch.

I feel like the only one who thought the MoS OST was nothing special.

Forgive me Sup Forums.

I thought Ant-man had a good theme, probably the most memorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M

desu the only reason I rank it highly is just because I had low expectations, I wasn't too keen on his Dark Knight trilogy scoring.

Who cares, only times MCU had not completely forgettable soundtracks was Henry Jackman's Winter Soldier and Paesano's Daredevil, and people probably have already forgotten how ass-kicking montage at the end of episode 1 was with Fogwell's Gym song.

youtube.com/watch?v=fCKtlhOfwtw

I agree. Ant-Man's theme is super underrated

>Daredevil
>MCU

Can we please not do this?

>plebian scum

I haven't seen it in years and the only scene I can remember by the music was Kurt's infiltration of the White House. And even then, I'm fairly sure that wasn't even an original piece for the film.

I'd agree CWs score wasn't the best, but it was a lot better than a lot of blockbuster scores. Avengers' score was forgettable, but I at least remember and liked the "Tony vs Cap" theme. It was a nice mix of sadness and 'epic'ness, using the nonmeme definition.

>Cap 1 and 2 get the greatest soundtracks in the MCU
>Cap 3 goes back to its usual shitty and unmemorable soundtrack because muh Avengers
still pisses me off

No one here a fan of Iron Man 3's main theme?

I loved the score for GotG

You're not alone. Hans Zimmer used to know melody and his Rush score was very close to 90s Zimmer, but his action scores are shit and his clones have ruined action film scoring.

It wasn't Iron Man 3's main theme, it was a Shane Black Movie's main theme.

Yeah man, but at least Cap's theme will be back for Infinity War.

I thought the last act of Civil War got very symphonic, but Jackman just isn't talented enough with an orchestra. It sounds tacky when it should be grand. Same thing with Brian Tyler, though I do like his Iron Man and Thor scores.

>not the main theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=padpEYIkq4c

Truth be told, TWS had a pretty forgettable soundtrack. The only bits that stood out were Project Insight and the Winter Soldier's themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=XivmlD9PNMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTuS_Qf5_jk

That just sounds like a remix of Kamen's score for the first one.

I honestly don't remember any MCU music other than The Avengers theme and I think that one's ok at best

>hurr
>durr

CAN YOU DIG IT?

youtu.be/Iqp5MMF6ACM

Me too man. The instrumental stuff often gets overshadowed by the Walkman songs, but it was great too.

It was pretty good desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=GBp1Y-LoObs

Nolanbats aside the only piece of capeshit music that's stood out to me enough to look up and download was Electro's theme.

Generic trash. The only thing weaker than MCU's villains is the soundtracks. The only ones that stand out are Winter Soldier, and GotG (but not because of GotG's orchestral sountrack)

I found everything by Bryan Tyler to be the blandest, most phoned-in soundtracks o the MCU, reinforcing the idea that the MCU doesn't have memorable music. I'm glad to see that after AoU, they pretty much dropped the guy, and went back to what worked in Avengers 1 and Cap 1. Have nothing against Henry Jackman either, but maybe he's not the right choice for Avengers movies.

More like the BWAAAAAAAAS got pretty old

I think I'm one of the few that liked the CW soundtrack

>Opening Marvel fanfare
>Rooftop fight/chase
>Entire airport fight
>End credits theme

All great, I also liked some of the new characters' themes like Zemo and Panther.

youtube.com/watch?v=ThxVDSW22cc

Most of Marvel's scores are old fashioned, it's just that Silvestri is their only composer who made it work.

>TWS had a pretty forgettable soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k

>I think I'm one of the few that liked the CW soundtrack

I don't think anyone has actually said that they didn't like it. I liked it. It just didn't stand out.

But yeah, the bit at the airport fight where they charge eachother is the only part of the score I remember from CW.

>tfw Supes' theme
It's the literal feeling of hope put in music, I can't even describe it.

I like how each DC hero will have a memorable main theme. That can be used really well for hype and shit.
But for real, it's just Superman's theme that's really fucking memorable

It's funny how Zimmer tried to make it hopeful, thinking of what and who Superman is, and then on the other side you have what Snyder did to Superman.

Stop the memes. MoS is a great modern supes film.
>b-buh muh golden age strongman
get fucked

Snyder pls, wait for the CW Superman to pop up in Supergirl, it's probably going to be a better incarnation of him than yours.

Fuck off Zack, this thread isnt about you

i agree here, AntMan soundtrack was good

This guy knows what's up.
Although, somehow he couldn't bring the same power to his work of Civil War, except for a few moments, like the one where all the Avengers clash at once, but listening to the rest of that score even, there aren't any points that stand out. Here:
First part is glorious, but then it kind of breaks down.

Silvestri, on the other hand, even if he only used leitmotif for Cap (since that was the only one he worked on) seemed to capture the heroic team spirit really really well.

The theme that starts when Wonder Woman shows up in BvS was pretty good.

I wonder why Steve Jablonski isn't hired for these movies.
Arrival to Earth is probably one of the most memorable songs of the last decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac

No, I said STOP the memes.

It's a musical identity, not a theme. Same with Spider-Man and Black Panther's musical representation in Civil War.

I hope you don't mean the one that plays in the ''Is she with you'' scene.
That electronic song was hilariously out of place.

>I don't think anyone has actually said that they didn't like it. I liked it. It just didn't stand out.

I've been a lot on sites and many people say they don't like the soundtrack, most of them dislike it because there are no recurring themes from the superheroes and no Avenger themes. But you can still parts of the Avengers theme in very small parts in the soundtrack.

Stop making shit movies.

Why do all MCUcks have such narrow definitions of what should and shouldn't be in cape films?

>no taking a stand
youtube.com/watch?v=8U-TTvP0J98

Get the fuck out memer

>muh company wars

>first reply
>jump right into company wars
Kill yourself.

>plebs won't get Hans Zimmer

BvS had the best music to be in a capeshit film yet

Not trying to meme here, but are we still talking about MoS' theme that the other user mentioned? I don't hate the movie all that much, mind you, but the music, while lovely, doesn't really tell me "hope"

And in a certain way you can see the movie doesn't think of it that way either. The main theme is played when Zod is going "I WILL FIND HIM", it's played when him and Supes are fighting through Metropolis, it's played when BvS reminds us in the intro of all the destruction that went on... it's basically an action sequence theme

Now THIS on the other hand...
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFo5BijsHs

This one?
The first part sounds more fitting for something beach or surfer related than Wonder Woman.

CW had some good tracks, not as good as TFA, but I'd say it's on the same level as TWS, if not only a little lower.
youtube.com/watch?v=N1d8Lylko-c
youtube.com/watch?v=kylH3xjoW1Q

Steve Jablonski and Danny Elfman are better than Hans Mimmer.

>Not enjoying the living fuvk out of this theme.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
You can go fuck yourself and never come back, you should be killed gor having such shit taste.

>that electronic garbage

Junkie made this one alone, didn't he?

I liked GotG's score as well. It was very swashbuckley.

>All this talk about CW's Soundtrack.
>No mention anywhere of the GOAT song of the entire movie. m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLcqNpQhl6W1DfNcGw0b-EHN-yZlh06TFs&v=SNIk-pV4lP4
What the fuck is wrong with you all.

Alan Menken always comes through when they need an old-fashioned musical comedy song. Why don't they give him a shot at a superhero musical?

Superman is timeless. You can't "modernise" him much like how you can't "modernise" comic book cheesiness as its ingrained intricately into the genre itself.

>every time Winter Soldier was on screen killing the shit out of everyone
youtube.com/watch?v=_K7sOplsJJY

This theme is honestly my favourite part of the airport fight sequence

>Giant-Man reveal
>The sense of a large and arduous fight
>Black Panther motif
>Widow betraying her team
>Spider-Man's plan to defeat Giant-Man

Allegedly, modern producers are actively pushing against distinctive themes in movies, believing it to take away from the actual film experience (think Michael Bay's lowest denominator).

you mean the only reason "Wonder Woman steals the show"?

That doesn't make any sense from any perspective, source?

>We want our movies to be less memorable

Doesn't make sense, but I always wonder why Disney can't shell out enough money for a decent composer. I thought Ike was gone already.

Silvestri's was better. Elfman just muddled it and made it less triumphant and memorable. It was all foreplay. Silvestri's was the money shot.

He's probably busy farting out gold for Bay's garbage. It is a shame he doesn't get more work because his stuff is chill inducing.

To be fair Electro's Theme was probably my favourite thing about whole ASM2.

Avengers main theme, there's no way you don't remember it.

It was more memorable but sometimes Zimmer having a hard time when blending into action scene, it just felt not quite right. The score kicking it when it comes to quite moment

I didn't see BvS, but I rather liked his work in Deadpool.

Is Danny Elfman incapable of making a score without a choir?

He uses it to make his work sound more "profound", but it's a crutch that adds NOTHING to the pieces besides bogging it down

>he hasn't heard Oingo Boingo

I really dont

Elfman's work got more average and repetitive ever since he started working with Burton more and more.

Still, I think his best movie scores are in MIB and TNBC.

>Replace one generic unmemorable orchestral score with another
wow cool