His country doesn't have a subway system that deserves the FUCKING countryside

>his country doesn't have a subway system that deserves the FUCKING countryside

How is it like to live in a 3rd-world country ?

Other side view

what did this subway system do to deserve the countryside?

>a subway system that deserves the FUCKING countryside

What?

sorry, I meant "serves", not "deserves"

but can you answer the question? it sounds like a big present.

hey romanian gypsie can you help me get a gf?

they just built a metro system in the countryside because there is a small village not far away and the metro goes to the closest city

where is this

You know, 3rd world countries at least are real countries.

never saw this? where?

The countryside usually just has trains, user. There's little point in wasting money on putting the rail underground when space isn't an issue

50°24'4.88"N 4°20'52.65"E

>There's little point in wasting money on putting the rail underground when space isn't an issue

What if you spend the money of the EU and not yours :^)

Fair enough if people actually use it a lot, otherwise it's a waste of money and I'm leaning towards the latter here because I've never heard of this and neither have the other belgian anons here lmao.
shit banter ivan

it is a waste of money, because the whole stuff was abandoned for years before being refreshed and working again

aww nice, that used to be the old charleroi metro right?

are lots of people using it this time around?

wow charleroi has fucking subwaysn holy shit

im not OP and dont live in Charleroi but I'm guessing a lot of people that live close by park their car there and then hop on the metro that's heading to the City, then either hop on another train to Brussels or any other city in Belgium really. It looks convenient to me.

>How is it like to live in a 3rd-world country ?
pretty good i guess

it is the Charleroi metro system, and it still works.

yes because they gave a metro to Anvers, so they had to give a metro to a city in Wallonie as well and Charleroi was chosen but it was not necesseray and the half of it was left abandoned for years before they retook it and finished it some years ago.

i don't know, but I don't think so. people prefer the car

wew thanks for the infos, i lived all my life in Brussels, so i dont know anything about the rest tb.h

F
one of those things that sound cool but aren't economically viable.

my city actually has 4 and a half million but no metro lol although we're currently building one.

We do, Espoo just got a subway

i'm from brussels too ah ah, I've just been 2-3 times to Charleroi, but this "phantom metro" stuff is really interesting

Jokes on you, our capital city has the countryside built into it.

you'd be surprised by how many people just park at random stations and hop on a train to work

yes, but in this case, no. who would go to charleroi to work there ? there is no job in charleroi. people don't live in a small village to return to charleroi for work.

ah a brussel brethren :D
honestly i unironically tought my city was the only one with a subway

okay first of all there are jobs in charlaeroi
second, people that live close by can park there and use the train to reach any cityn via Charleroi main station

Terrible. My city of half a million voted against a subway system even though we are completely fucked because 90% of our roads in the city are only 2 or 4 lane, there is traffic from one end of the city to another every single day and we really fucking needed a subway to solve it since road expansion is essentially impossible since all major road ways have businesses right up to the street. No room.

wish people would understand the importance of public transport and think ahead

we're too small to have one

My city will never have a subway system because it was built on top of one of the largest artesian aquifers in Poland.

feelsbadman