Bendis

Will he be Marvel's next EIC?

Nope.

Sorry Brevoort

Marvel?

Aww she's so pretty

CUTE

Writers don't want to become editors any more. Movie and TV producers, maybe (like Johns). But not comic editors.

The old crossover between editing and writing is mostly gone, now they're completely separate careers.

So, seriously, when the hell does Ms. Marvel get an animated series, action figures, lunchboxes etc.?

Johns is basically EIC right now if you hear him talk about all he's doing on building Rebirth

Morrison is EIC of Heavy Metal. Although he has tried to break into Hollywood and failed.

Bendiz and Kike Perlmutter need to be ovened.

Johns has had a very different career path beyond working as a comic book writer.

No. He doesn't have any business experience, he's never run a company so far as we know of any size or substance, and it's far, far too late for him to be going to nightschool and getting that MBA.

Johns has at least worked as a producer on numerous occasions and so we can safely assume he has a grasp of how to run a business (since producers primarily deal with the financial side of move making) and is learning as he goes. Being a decade younger doesn't hurt either (though he's still kind of old to be just getting where he's getting).

>Johns has had a very different career path beyond working as a comic book writer.

True but I wouldn't use him as a guy who isn't a comics editor when he basically is at this point.

Is Waid the last major writer who was an editor first?

It used to be that comics editing and writing were so intertwined that editors would become writers and vice versa. Marvel in the '90s had an absurd racket where the editors hired each other as freelance writers (the X-Men editor wrote Avengers etc.). But that seems to be over. Editors at the Big Two are primarily editors who don't write.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit →

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.

Hopefully only when animated Marvel isn't complete shit.

>i used to date a girl who looked like her
Now i feel bad because i fucked things up with her, Sup Forums.

Don't worry about it, if you hadn't you'd have just fucked it up in some other way.

Doesn't matter. She's on Bendis pocket as well.

>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love," I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I respond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it's very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feel a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be a twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were supposed to say "It's over now?""
>Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves to write about his waifu some more
Bendis is love, Bendis is life

Didn't John Layman and Pete Tomasi start out as editors?

Layman with Wildstorm (for a short time)

Tomasi with DC (he's one of the Kingdom Come editors)

If that's what it takes to get him to stop writing books

>muslim becoming EiC

too real, will probably happen.

I hope Hickman gets it.

It's one of the huge issues with big 2 storytelling, editors don't actually know the craft, and the writers are less invested/involved in the stories around their books

Her books are good though. She's clealry not that Muslim if she wears dresses and goes on late night talk shows

EiC? Do you have any idea how much power he'd have to give up to be EiC?

She probably deserves it the most out of Marvel's current editors. Ms. Marvel was a crazy success.

Also fuck Brevoort.

>what is ms. marvel
>what is calling islam "religion of peace"

she's clearly a radical muslim too lazy to write good novels so she spends her time writing kid's books that require no imagination.

Plus, editing others' work is not super-hard. It's basically a job for pull-peddlers.

Hickman was fired

Wait really? I thought that was a joke from Secret Wars Too?

Well, he's not going back to Marvel, and it's because of things he was doing while he was employed there. It's just not to do with his published writing.

He has no perception of continuity, so he fits the title.

Do I have any idea how much power he'd have to give up?