Italy WW2

What's your opinion on Italy during WW2

We're helpful or did they do more damage then help the axis?

I'll start
>italy decides to fiddle in africa. get in trouble. germany has to send troops down to help out which weakens their general war efforts on other frontlines.

Italy was shit because their officers and leaders were literally garbage and all their established doctrine was ass.

Faggots wanted to stela this
>pic related, Croatia

My grandma's brother said it seemed like the Italian's hearts weren't in it.

Their fighter planes flew well. That's about it.

They never planed with the Germans, they just did shit and it would fuck over Germany like how they failed to invade Yugoslavia and Greece so the Germans had to spend 8 weeks fighting them, when they were going to invade the USSR, because of Italy the Germans got hit by winter before getting to Moscow

They also had a decent navy. But their planes weren't that good and there weren't enough of them. Also, their infantry equipment was among the worst in Europe and their tanks were piss weak and way too light.

Amazing how many places around the world adopted the Danish flag.
Savoy, Basque country, Switzerland, Italy the list goes on.

We truly are POWERFUL

When they invaded us, we actually made some territorial gains in Albania after pushing them back. Too bad Hitler came next, we could have those pieces of land.

Ultimately they fucked it all up by delaying the start of Barbarossa with their failure.

Denmark had the fastest surrender in history, you lasted 6 hours. And you call yourself a true Nord?

I forgot to mention their navy, but I said their fighter planes (i.e. Mc. 202). Their bombers and attackers were straight benis.

The Italian military was a joke in WW2, and it had been a joke ever since the collapse of Rome.

I read somewhere that during the North African campaign British officers used to just treat Italian positions as obstacles instead of En. positions because Italians would just surrender or run away at the first sign of allied soldiers.

WW1 is the exception to this though.

What did Italy actually achieve in WW1 though?

We should have done like Franco in Spain and stay the fuck out of the war, but Mussolini was an egomaniac idiot and dragged us along

>A fucking Australian trying to shit on my heritage

The smartest European country during WW2. Minimal loss of life and material damage and still ended up being regarded as allied after the war.

the greatest defeat in Italian military history

we won the war on our front and pushed back the Austrians, then the Entente didn't keep their promises for our territorial claims so we had this whole ordeal of "vittoria mutilata" (mutilated victory) which gave rise to fascism

Italy should have been like Spain during WW2, natural and supporting the reich by sending a division.

And still, Germany is allowed to have the Dannevirke, why do you bother living?

That's what you get for stabbing your central power allies in the back and generally being untrustworthy and incompetent. Italy is known for changing sides in both world wars.

The less Jylland the better. Let them have it all.

We developed the best propeller fighter of WWII, which was considered as such by both allied a german pilots, period. Too bad it was produced in small numbers and entered service basically at the end of the war, when the axis already lost air superiority in Europe.

They beat Austria-Hungary. Their front was almost as miserable as the Western Front, and during the winter it was probably even worse

Decent airforce, decent navy, absolutely shitty ground forces.

Jesus, and I thought Swedes were the cucked ones. I wanted Denmark to have everything North of the Kiel canal and I'm only half Danish. I didn't know that you were all that much of a bunch of faggots.

We tried to stay neutral.

Doesn't work when both sides want to invade you for strategic purposes.
Spain was lucky they weren't of any strategic importance.

Battles of the Isonzo.
A long long long trench war, but in the mountains.
Horrible and extremely bloody.

Uhm no, we were not aligned with the central powers, since sinistra storica was not in power at the moment. We were aligned towards France.

Also for all that don't know it's funny to see that it was our left who was allied with nationalist and conservative Germany, not the right

>decent navy
>incapacitated by the most obsolete aircraft of the war
God bless the Swordfish

My grandfather fought in the army. His post was abandoned after they lost to the Albanians. He had to walk with his squad all the way back to Italy and saved a couple people while doing so.

Fascismo Italaniano was shit tier tbqhfamalam

So because I personally don't care much for Jylland and want the Germans to have it, you have just had a revelation that all Danes are faggots and cucked hard?

Step away from your computer and maybe relax a bit. You sound like a disturbed 15 year old.

It was not the same. Spain had a nationalist government which was supported by Nazi Germany during their civil war. It is possible that Spain was very likely to join the Axis if the country wasn't so exhausted after said war.

Italy should have never joined the war. We weren't prepared.

It's good clay and it was Danish for a long time. The Dannevirke made a really good border and post WW2 everyone was grabbing a bit of dat German booty and Denmark didn't even join the party.

>So because I personally don't care much for Jylland an
Jutland is the best part of Denmark, we truly should bomb most of Zealand since it's Sweden 2.0

Africa fucked up Axis big time, that front shouldn't have existed.

Germany was helping their comrades with their Empire in Africa and it fucked up the war.

>best prop fighter in the war was Italian
>doesn't mention that the MC. 202 was massively inferior to the P-38, Yak-3, Tempest, P-51 and Spitfire Mk. 24
We wuz piluts n shiet

You mean the biggest puppet

atleast they tried to help even tho they sucked ass

we just left hitler hanging when he asked us for help

According to the view presented by Irving, Italy at that time was an ambitious country that wanted to show the world what it could do. It invaded places like Greece and utterly failed, requiring German assistance and ultimately, by entering the world war and losing, providing the Allies with a base of operations at Germany's backdoor which required the Third Reich to shift desperately needed manpower to contain that situation instead of using it at other fronts.

In short, Italy was shit tier and helped to cost Germany the war.

It's alright, you have to remember that your country had just seen years of devastation and war. The very fact of your hard-earned ability to be neutral instead of being an agent for Stalin, something the Germans helped to insure, was all that was expected of you.

That's a C.205

Why you didn't open to /his/?

Was it though?

They ultimately lost it but looks like they did considerable damage to the allies.

>w-we just wanted to help, amici

Italy shouldn't have been in the war. Too bad equipment and not motivated soldiers.

these

italo balbo was right , we weren´t ready for war under many perspectives but someone wanted the war as soon as possible.

28/7 was an inside job.

>The very fact of your hard-earned ability to be neutral instead of being an agent for Stalin
Stalin supported the Spanish Republic during the civil war, why would Nationalist Spain side with an enemy?

>Italy takes parts of Austria
>Austria still mad

lel

>He doesn't realize that I'm talking about the mc 205 and can't even recognize it by looking at the picture I posted.

You should really go back doing what you do best, sven: comparing and reviewing sandnigger cock in order to help your girlfriend pick the best option among them.

I'm saying that the very freedom they had to make the decision to be neutral, instead of being run by the pro-Stalin Republic, was enough (because the Republic lost).

>tfw my father killed 8 tyrols during his military service
>tfw when i had to do it i got assigned to the south

i just wanted to kill some biondini di merda

>Italy being intitled to any clay after ww1

The only thing you did was waiting for a side to win and then attack the opposing side. The allies where right for not giving you anything.

Italy has had its history (biggest empire of Europe) after that the country became shit and whent into pension

Reccomend me some good Italian documentaries that aren't about food.

yo amhed thats a veltro, not a folgore
and we are not even counting: g55 g56 reggiane re 2005 and others
our planes were beast as fuck, there just werent enough

mussolini was a god among men, unfortunately the italians are just awful awful people and ruined everything. if they had been able to handle a shit country like yugoslavia germany would have been able to take stalingrad and cut russias supplys to a point where they could win

>czech
kek

>Allied press reports of Italian military prowess in the Second World War were almost always dismissive. British wartime propaganda trumpeted the destruction of the Italian 10th Army by a significantly smaller British force during the early phase of the North African Campaign.[105][106] The propaganda from this Italian collapse, which was designed to boost British morale during a bleak period of the war, left a lasting impression.[107] The later exploits of Rommel and German accounts of events tended to disparage their Italian allies and downplay their contributions; these German accounts were used as a primary source for the Axis side by English-language historians after the war.[108][109]

>>Many previous authors used only German or British sources, not considering the Italian ones, hampered by few Italian sources being translated into English.[113] Contemporary British reports ignored an action of Bir El Gobi, where a battalion of Giovani Fascisti held up the 11th Indian Infantry Brigade and destroyed dozens of tanks of the 22nd Armoured Brigade. Sadkovich, Walker and others have found examples of actions where Italian forces were effective, yet are rarely discussed by most histories. During the Tunisian Campaign, where Italian units were involved in most encounters, such as Kasserine Pass, Mareth, Akarit and Enfidaville, it was observed by General Alexander, "...the Italians fought particularly well, outdoing the Germans in line with them".[118] Rommel also conceded praise on several occasions.[nb 12] Other times, German mistakes were blamed on Italians,[123] or the Germans left the Italians in hopeless situations where failure was unavoidable.[nb 13] Questionable German advice, broken promises and security lapses had direct consequences at the Battle of Cape Matapan, in the convoy war and North Africa.[125] Rommel often retreated leaving immobile infantry units exposed, withdrew German units to rest even though the Italians had also been in combat, would deprive the Italians of their share of captured goods, ignore Italian intelligence, seldom acknowledge Italian successes and often resist formulation of joint strategy.[126][127] Gerhard L.Weinberg, in his 2011 George C. Marshall Lecture "Military History - Some Myths of World War II" (2011) complained that "there is far too much denigration of the performance of Italy’s forces during the conflict."[128]

>In addition, Italian 'cowardice' did not appear to be more prevalent than the level seen in any army, despite claims of wartime propaganda.[129] Ian Walker wrote:

>....it is perhaps simplest to ask who is the most courageous in the following situations: the Italian carristi, who goes into battle in an obsolete M14 tank against superior enemy armour and anti-tank guns, knowing they can easily penetrate his flimsy protection at a range where his own small gun will have little effect;[nb 14] the German panzer soldier or British tanker who goes into battle in a Panzer IV Special or Sherman respectively against equivalent enemy opposition knowing that he can at least trade blows with them on equal terms; the British tanker who goes into battle in a Sherman against inferior Italian armour and anti-tank guns, knowing confidently that he can destroy them at ranges where they cannot touch him. It would seem clear that, in terms of their motto Ferrea Mole, Ferreo Cuore, the Italian carristi really had "iron hearts", even though as the war went on their "iron hulls" increasingly let them down.

Italy were the niggers of the axis in both WWI AND WWII

WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHIET

I hate Tito but I'm glad he kicked their asses.

You're wasting your time posting this outside of /his/.

The only thing that triggers me about Italy reguarding WW2 is the fact that they get al uppity and mad at the "foibe", just fuck off it was a war and you were the enemy, you did equally bad things and you were also one of the reasons why hitler failed.

Roman empire/republic usurped all their prowess.

Every soldier and general lied to their superior to appear stronger when they were missing over half the equipment because they didn't want to disappoint Mussolini.

Time to dump some Italian military victories in WWII.

So shit tier that we counter invaded to the point Hitler had to intervene and was forced to delay his invasion in Russia until winter

CHECKED

you basically took portugal flag and changed colours

>tfw salazar remained neutral and tried to stay off war
>spain wanted to invade us but hitler indirectly stopped it

I think my country did fine, too bad we got raped by marxists and now we've been in shit for the past 41 years and will probably be in the same situation in the next 41

My wife's son who happens to be Italian says they were underrated!

And even when we switch sides...

Alright Giovanni it's time stop posting you need to eat your extra meatball spaghetti

Oh, so when we lose you can meme all you want but when we win it's time to stop?
Double standard, much?

Mussolini had the right idea but the wrong people.

Much like every war, the side they were on at some point during the conflict won.

11/10 best country at doing war.

They tried, but couldn't succeed. Fuck Switzerland tho.

Wasted quads

Tbh Greece was one of the bravest nations in WW2.

>tfw you guys are still sandniggers and poor.
>tfw we chill even after we lost our empire

Wow, Italy sure made "a difference" with sinking 2 ships in this skirmish.

>Be Benito
>Get served a big pizza for lunch
>Only 8 slices of pizza
>Claim you want more pizza and order it cut into 16 slices so you can have more pizza
>Decide to do the same thing with your military by making brigades smaller so you have more of them