Expand or Die

We expand off-world, or we become extinct. There is no in-between.

On a long enough timescale, this world will be consumed by its own star. But literally billions of other events can occur at any moment that threaten our survival, from asteroid impacts to gamma ray bursts to the possibility of hostile alien life.

The longer we squabble over internecine conflicts, the lower our chance of survival as a species.

Why fight over fantasies like religion, race, identity, and ideology when we can face reality and work together to thrive and prosper? Why struggle over the limited resources of this world, when great wealth and new discoveries lie within our reach?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iQxzWpy7PKg
observer.com/2016/04/elon-musk-says-spacex-city-on-mars-will-be-announced-in-guadalajara-mexico/
buildtheenterprise.org/
interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2016/space-astronauts-iss-return-peake-malenchenko-kopra/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TRb28IFVrGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KPhkVPNKtVA
youtube.com/watch?v=gE94N7zo6kE
amazon.com/Epigenetics-Genetic-Theory-Disease-Transmission/dp/1590791495
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related can happen after kikes and muds are extinct

An example of the insanity that grips so many humans.

How can slaughtering each other possibly advance the human species?

>not understanding reality is always headed towards non-existence.

It's simple. We are both at a table, you want to share, I don't. If you don't fight me, you die, I win.

Except that there is more than enough to share and we can get more stuff if we work together

I like you and your thinking

Even if we do manage to expand, we're still gonna go extinct sooner or later.

>We expand off-world, or we become extinct. There is no in-between.
That is what white people are doing since 200 years. Results: Being buttraped all the time, losing territories, being flodded by immigrants, while joos win.

youtu.be/iQxzWpy7PKg

Why are there so many defeatist faggots in here

>1 post by this ID

Stay stupid, Sup Forums.

Sage.

>it's a "fat delusional Sup Forumsacks get hyped on sci-fi bullshit" episode again

What

Nowhere we could conceivably get to will last any longer than our solar system. The distances are too great and faster than light travel will never happen. Traveling FTL is the physics equivalent of traveling from New York to Paris more quickly by filling in New York harbor and rebuilding Paris there. If our civilization ever colonizes the stars, it will only be artificial life forms imprinted with the memory of human civilization.

Maybe a nice future is hard to see from where you live but it's possible

So who the fuck do you think invented the FUCKING SHIT YOURE' TYPING ON RIGHT NOW?

>Following last Friday’s historic landing of the Falcon 9 rocket on the company’s autonomous drone ship, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk made a surprise (and rare) appearance at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and told the media when he’ll lay out his plans to colonize Mars.

>In the final moments of the post-launch press conference, Musk confirmed that he’ll be giving a talk at the International Aeronautical Congress (IAC) in Guadalajara, Mexico this September and that’s when he’ll make the much-anticipated announcements.

>“I thought that would be a good venue to describe what we think would be a good approach,” he said when prompted by the Observer. “Something that would be effective for establishing a city on Mars.”

Source: observer.com/2016/04/elon-musk-says-spacex-city-on-mars-will-be-announced-in-guadalajara-mexico/

>expand into other stars (somehow)
>universe collapses
What now

>EEETZZ POSSIBRU!1!1
Are you the same retard from yesterday's thread about the singularity?

If the choice is between mankind living forever in a post-privacy universe, or mankind going extinct, I choose the latter.

>We
No no user white peple will expand of this rock, the other races will remain and and die.

Then you are confused. Communism is not advocated here. Just cooperation, which can be done through capital markets and public organizations coordinating to build a space based economy, combining large scale private and public interests with fair wages and access to opportunity on a global scale.

If you will not cooperate, then you will be rendered irrelevant. If you resist the process of expansion for survival that nature demands, you will constitute a threat to our species. No one will be able to protect you or people like you who share your attitudes and views once you are seen as the primary force seeking to end humanity as a viable organism.

At that point, no one can save you. You will be the architect of your own destruction.

A movement is coming that will sweep aside your worldview and approach. We are one species together, sharing a world, and sharing a destiny.

Resist that destiny and its advocates at your peril.

Says a nigger living on a continent whose population was exterminated by: Spaniards, Dutch and Portugese. Read a book, Manuel.

You fear imaginary Devils and fictional conspirators, all the while ignoring the reality of your situation.

Have you considered that everything might smell better to you if you stop putting your head so deep in your own ass?

>le americans invented everything, even the sun

>ywn live long enough to be a space colonist on board a cozy orbital

Why even live?

>Why fight over fantasies like religion, race, identity, and ideology when we can face reality and work together to thrive and prosper? Why struggle over the limited resources of this world, when great wealth and new discoveries lie within our reach?

Because the jews are preventing us from focusing on space, the mudslimes and the christians are all averse to the idea of going offworld

Of races, we now have 3 billion niggers on this planet who continue to use resources, and give nothing in return for them that would help our space thing.

So the logical thing is to cut off that anchor that we call the 3 evils, the jews, the mudslimes and the niggers. Then we will have more resources, more brainpower and less terrorism things that constantly rock society.

sci-fi is no bullshit

buildtheenterprise.org/

"Working together" he says. How many inprisoned africans are STEM OP?

Great job, shillbot. I'm still here, and the human yearning for the stars will only continue to grow.

You cannot stop us, and if you try, the people of this world will bury you and your masters.

Look in the mirror dude

Humanity won't last another 10000 years.

Hell, this society will barely handle a few decades at most.

And you will die anyway, in less than a century.

There are physical limits to what you can do to lengthen your lifespan, but trying to go outside of these limits, without any guarantee of result, is a pure waste of ressources.

It can be hard to envision cooperation when you spend all your time in mom's basement jacking off and reading antiquated Nazi literature.

Try going outside.

This is a perfect metaphor for the human condition, btw. Thanks for being such a great exemplar and a good sport about it.

Sure, i can make retarded sites full of science mindwankering too, but this doesn't mean that what i'm going to write is a possibility, given the actual pragmatic feasibility of these things.
>hey, i have an idea, lets build a city ON SATURN
>HERE, THESE ARE THE SCIENTIFIC PAPERS, WE CAN DO IT
>IT WILL ONLY COST US TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS
>THE FUTURAH IS HEREE!!! HYPEEEE!!!! WE WUZ STAR COLONIZERS N SHIT
Fucking pathetic.

>you will never post in a Space Elevator thread again
He was the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved

But they don't allow us to go to space.
The minute we divert resources to fuel space exploration, the minute the mudslimes get out of control and attack us, stopping us from being able to concentrate on space.

>There are physical limits to what you can do to lengthen your lifespan, but trying to go outside of these limits, without any guarantee of result, is a pure waste of ressources

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

>when we can face reality and work together to thrive and prosper?
Problem is how to build such system we we can face reality and work together to thrive and prosper. American usually start with bombings of everyone who is around, prosperity doesn't come so they try harder.

>when great wealth and new discoveries lie within our reach?
No they don't within our reach. We don't have means for. We need to increase thousands if not millions times our production and spaceship efficiency to make them within our reach. Humanity is pathetically weak comparing to space, humanity needs to become strong first.

Exactly. Muds and spades in general do nothing but commit crimes and leech off of those in a position to advance space travel. You're barking up the wrong tree. Don't attack those that are protecting you by attacking those that attack you.

99% of anything that's ever lived on Earth is now extinct. Expansion, interstellar outposts and extraterrestrial colonies are the only way to ensure our survival. It's like Voldemort with his Horcruxes, one; split into many to ensure survival.

We COULD build robots that extend our progeny as well. Artificial wombs, frozen zygotes/embryos traveling deep into space looking for habitable planets. Once found reproduction procedures begin, where babies are cultivated then educated by said robots. After the first generation people teach people and humanity thrives once again.

Always an interesting topic.

Space Elevators threads were about actual improvements and technological discoveries and novelties, not just sci-fi daydreaming and bunches of retards jacking off to something they saw off the newest star wars movie.

Why do we need to cooperate? We have enough money to create America-only space colonies. The delusion here is thinking that "international collaboration" is necessary in space when in fact it's not only unnecessary, but detrimental as the rest of the world adds bullshit bureaucracy to the program.

Look at Bigelow Aerospace for example. They're building an inflatable private space station to be launched in 2018 for one-hundredth of the cost of the ISS. Look at SpaceX and Blue Origin. Two companies that have done what entire nations have not with reusability. Face it, the future of the space is less Star Trek and more EVE Online.

>we now have 3 billion niggers on this planet who continue to use resources,
Niggers hardly use any resources because the vast majority of them starve to death in their own countries.

dont you understand that 95% of the human race is trash that cant fathom these simple facts

I don't see your living on 3 dollars per day like average Earth inhabitant does. You need to share m8.

Actual improvements and technological discoveries that gave us hope for things like OP.

Space Elevator where the fuck are you goddammit.

There are 7 billion people on this planet. We will resist extinction via sheer numbers. 10,000 years is a blink of the eye. Even with regular catastrophic events the absolute worst that can happen is we're reduced to a few million.
This society can fall, and the next will replace it in no time at all. Rome fell only a little more than 1,000 years ago, and now we're beyond their wildest dreams.

Cool to see how every intelligent positive post is American

You're seriously going to pretend to be a proponent of science while ignoring statistical facts? Pseudointellectual scum.

>Artificial wombs, frozen zygotes/embryos traveling deep into space looking for habitable planets.
There we go again.
You have no idea how cringy all of this shit is to me.
A bunch of fucking illiterate fucks with no actual knowledge about physics and science with useless opinions based off Brave New World and other fictional universes, that's what this thread is all about.
>heeeh wee caan culunuziite ta universszz xDDD
Jesus christ.

>what are cellphones
>what are clothes
>what is food enough to literally feed 2 billion of niggers (most of them live of foreign aid and dont/are too stupid to produce their own)
>what are all the logistics required to do that
>what are all the GMO scientists doing over there
>what are the desalination projects to produce even more niggers

If you cut off the niggers from the world, suddenly food prices will be even cheaper most likely. You wont have to produce shit or ship anything to that hellhole.

The world would be much better off.

If anything will lead us into space, it'll be our need for resources, identity, ideology, etc. We're successful as a species because we're motivated by these things. The ebb and flow of culture/ conflict is part of our nature. Wherever we go, it goes with us.

>heeeh wee caan culunuziite ta universszz xDDD
Yeah, that's fucking cringy. Except you wrote it, mocking him like a 5 year old mocks things he doesn't agree with.

True

That's why we need world wide eugenics

Why you so mad?

That works only at a certain level, once you go above thay and know what you don't know then that phrase becomes irrelevant.
I have opinions on fucking anything, but I've spent 20 years doing everything new I can since I left college.

One of the biggest problems with space colonization is this

interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2016/space-astronauts-iss-return-peake-malenchenko-kopra/index.html

space is toxic to humans. We need gravity.

Although interstellar space is more-or-less off limits to us technologically so far, we do in fact have the technology to colonize our solar system. It's a matter of building the infrastructure required to kickstart a positive economic feedback loop off of Earth.

Infrastructure like:
>Fully-reusable rockets to bring down transport costs.
>Fuel depots supplied by resources mined from near-Earth asteroids.
>In-orbit refineries and basic manufacturing to build simple structures.
>A mix of solar and nuclear energy to power further development.
The problem has been that governments have only thought of space for prestige missions like sending probes to other planets or people into orbit instead of investing in basic infrastructure that would build up and amplify our capabilities over time.

Wow, if only there was some way to simulate gravity that we've known about since the 60s or earlier.

>frozen zygotes/embryos
False. Over interstellar travel time scales, human DNA would break down simply from atomic decay. Hence, no usable DNA has ever been found in fossilized amber.

You really sound useless. The only thing we need driving us is the quest for knowledge and dominion of existance, anything else is useless unless you're a theist.

Gravity and strong but compact radiation shielding.

>Implying subversion and nihilism isn't anything more than one type of threat. Once we have AI controlling things, we win.

>AI
That would be the complete annihilation of freedom and self-control. It's just as likely to become your hell as it is your heaven.

Thankfully, we're coming up against physical limitations with regard to transistor sizes.

We are not that far off from being able to create synthetic life. We could potentially store genetic life digitally in, say, a couple centuries at most.

Except for the fact that the planet has experienced half a dozen near complete extinction events already. Eventually another will strike, and there is nowhere to run. Mars can't sustain life on its own. Life and humanity are impermanent, grasp that and find peace.

I mock and i'm mad at ignorants and idiots like you because your ignorance is absolutely outstanding, and it pisses me off as you could be doing something better right now.
We are literally years away from developing the first actual body augmentations accessible to everyone and instead of praising what will soon become an ACTUAL reality you just spew your useless opinions engorged with platitudes about "our race our civilization hurr durr we will be gone extinct durr space colonization".
This is just fucking pathetic and laughable.
You're all a bunch of fucking armchair-scientists obsessed with science fiction, spewing your retarded opinions about "the human race and its future" here on Sup Forums is completely irrelevant and useless, as people will just clash against each other's opinion to further entrench their heavily ignorant opinions, for to discuss something here on Sup Forums unless it is something we all agree with, like actual facts, it is ultimately pointless and time-wasting.
Get real, faggots, if you want a space elevator thread, make it so that you're actually giving something useful, not just mindwankery and not scientific colloquialism mixed with platitudes and opinions.
youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TRb28IFVrGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KPhkVPNKtVA
youtube.com/watch?v=gE94N7zo6kE

>want to preserve the species
>[...]fantasies like race{...]
You are part of the problem. You are literally the reason genocides don't happen, and so that Humanity will fall to subhumanity and stay planetbound until the next cosmic extinction event hit us.

You are the reason what you wish for won't happen.

I'm sorry, how did I do any of that? I just pointed out that you were being immature. You're being so mature now though.

Funny how things didn't quite work out for him as an planned.

This assumes synthetic life will have any reason to prolong the existence of organic life.

the only way humans could suvvie is if we develop advanced ai and robots the ai can control, and then store our dna with these robots, who will fly to another habitable planet, and then create humans with the dna after landing on the planet.

There is more than enough food in Africa alone to feed 1 billion niggers but the niggers are just too fucking stupid and selfish to do it.

There are several reasons what you just said is absolutely retarded.

Except that's a fictional movie but his speech still rings true

Also forget to add:
>race that can live in vacuum, raidation, at zero gravity without atmosphere and feed on electricity not ridiculously difficult to produce outside biosphere set of chemicals

>no i don't to turn in superior space race i want to stay an ape and drag my jungles into space with me
Not gonna happen.

Hopelessness is a poor substitute for living.

You need to get your depression treated before it destroys you. I'd recommend group and individual cognitive behavioral therapy instead of meds though. Never do with a pill what you can do by having the courage to live and engage the world.

Kill your hate before it kills you.

>because reasons
Go back to watching Deep Space Nine, Leaf.

why do you care so much about the survival of our species. we're hardly special

>to prolong the existence of organic life.
For what purpose again?

The people of this world can force the issue by a popular, global movement. Access to opportunity is essential. We must prevent space resources from falling into the hands of a tiny elite. Otherwise, earth will become a prison for 99% of the species.

We stop this now, before it happens, or else we are the architects of our own enslavement through inaction.

>HURR DA DURR LE DEFEATIST DEPRESSED MEME XDDD
No, fuck you.

The problem is that Earth is too small to allow for liberty to flourish. 200 years ago, it was impossible for a government to maintain full control over a continent. Decentralization was necessary. Now though... global tyranny isn't a question of if, but when.

Your attitude is like that of a child's. Instead of rebutting my argument(which wasn't in any way even contradicting yours), you resort to ad hominem. Congratulations, we'll have some nice prosthetics. Your idea that that somehow meaningfully predicts that we'll end up with physics-defying technology soon is what I'm at odds with.

We can build human habitats in space which simulate everything here on Earth.
>superior
Subjective.
>ape
You're fat, aren't you? I have never heard of a person with a decent body demean it like some futurists do. But I never stated that I was against human augmentation either. You're strawmanning.

Niggers and Mudslimes will never be able to contribute to colonizing Space.
They should be gassed ASAP so we can finally develop further.

amazon.com/Epigenetics-Genetic-Theory-Disease-Transmission/dp/1590791495

Your cowardice and ignorance are obvious. I hope in time you can grow as a person, but you must kill the hate within you before it kills you.

>Your idea that that somehow meaningfully predicts that we'll end up with physics-defying technology soon is what I'm at odds with.
I never said that, you fucking faggot.
Don't like my posts? then fuck off.
You are useless, and so is your brain jerking.
>please refuse my made-up bullshit with an actual argument :^)
I won't.
There's nothing to refuse, you can't possibly refuse unicorns, for they don't fucking exist.
Get real, faggot.

You could say the same for hitler as well these guys have these great genocidal ideas that lead to their undoing.

Simulation is a waste of time, just reengineer our species to be able to live on any planet instead.

The most depressing thing would be discovering the necessary technology, but not having enough of the resource available on earth due to us already using it all.

Isn't the only thing that space can't provide fossil fuels and other biologically derived materials?

Kek. You really are a child. And to think my family came from your country. I guess it's true that all of the intelligent ones left a century ago.

>reengineer
Possible, but very hard and will likely take quite a bit of time. Why wait?

Further diagnostic evidence of your depression.

Seriously, user, get help. There are kind people in this world that you can talk to, and they can help you work through all that hatred and hopelessness.

What? I'm just talking about storing genetic information and using it to impregnate artificial embryos, which is something that real research has been done for, and you responded with some Blade Runner nonsense.

Doing it biologically will be hard, but just putting our brains in invincible metallic bodies on the otherhand will speed things up.

You know he has a blog right?
It's still up. And he does lurk on sci, that's where he ended up.

WHAT KIND OF PAN-PACIFIC BULLSHIT ARE YOU USING AS AN ARGUMENT EXACTLY, YOU PRETTY BOY?
YOU'VE BEEN SPEWING THIS "LOL DEPRESSION LOL HATE" BULLSHIT FOR A WHILE NOW, NOT JUST AGAINST ME
I'LL BE AS ANGRY AS I FUCKING WANT, YOU PIECE OF SHIT
GO FUCK YOURSELF
AND YOU TOO YOU FUCKING PRICK

>How can making humanity more White help humanity