This Is How Much A Big Mac Would Cost If The Minimum Wage Was $15

>If the minimum wage were increased to $15 an hour, prices at fast food restaurants would rise by an estimated 4.3 percent. That would mean a McDonald’s Big Mac, which currently goes for $3.99, would cost about 17 cents more, or $4.16.

Why isn't America doing this? It seems like a no brainer.

thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/08/03/3687171/15-minimum-wage-big-mac/

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15378020.2016.1159889#aHR0cDovL3d3dy50YW5kZm9ubGluZS5jb20vZG9pL3BkZi8xMC4xMDgwLzE1Mzc4MDIwLjIwMTYuMTE1OTg4OUBAQDA=
247wallst.com/retail/2013/12/05/can-walmart-and-mcdonalds-afford-a-15-minimum-wage/
payscale.com/research/US/Employer=McDonald's_Corporation/Hourly_Rate
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/15378020.2016.1159889
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

>3.99$ in the US for a Big Mac
>10 złoty in Poland
>the minimum wage is about 13 złoty
>you can only afford one burger for 1 hour pension where an average american can buy almost two of them

we would then be ordering those big macs from automated cashiers

goodbye jobs

The kikes in charge will just replace the goy with machines so they make their products as appealing as possible to the other goy. Higher prices means less sales, even in the case of this minor price increase.

Automated cashiers already exist

>>you can only afford one burger for 1 hour pension where an average american can buy almost two of them
But an average American needs four burgers,so relatively we are less poor.

>złoty

Actually more than half of the McKek employees would be replaced by the McRobot9000 and a burger would become cheaper. Allowing people with no skills or education to work these jobs is glorified welfare to begin with, and the only reason this still exists is because their wage is tax deductible whereas the McRobot9000 would only be deductible once upon purchasing

I hope this happens. fast food employees are possibly the shittiest workers ever.

Kek

How come mcdonalds isn't entirely run but robots/automation by now. Burgers would be mega cheap.

have you ever been to a fast food joint?

they've got like 20 people back there standing around

6th post best post

WOW I'm so offended right now it's 5 burgers a day not 4
Don't forget the midnight sandwich

>eating expensive industrial crap

The reason they exist is the belief they'll be cheaper than a regular employee.
Initial cost and up keep. At $15 it become a no brainer to replace the employee.

>What the fuck is a small business.

Lets look at the "Glazed McGuffin Affair"

Increasing the minimum wage doesn't just effect people who earn $8.50, it effects everyone who earns between $8.50-$14.99

Lets have an example shall we?
I own a business that sells Glazed McGuffins.
I have 3 employees that I pay $10 an hour.
Each McGuffin costs $1 to make and sells for $2.

Now, lets say that I sell 50 McGuffins an hour.
That's $100 in Revenue ($50 of which goes to make more McGuffins)
So, for that hour, I pay each of my workers $10 ($30 total)
So I make $20 an hour, but I have to reinvest some of my profits back into my business so I can produce Glazed McGuffins more efficiently .

Now, lets see what happens when I increase the minimum wage, all other things equal.
I sell 50 McGuffins
$100 in Revenue (half goes to make more McGuffins)
Of the $50 remaining, each employee gets $15
Now, I the owner, make only $5 an hour.

In response, I increase the price of my McGuffins to $3.
Now, I’d get $150 in Revenue ($100 of which is profit)
My workers get $45 ($15/hr each)
I get $55/hr

Some people are upset about the cost of a single McGuffin
I need to take action to keep prices low
I hire skilled laborers to build me a machine that can put out twice the amount of McGuffins/hr that my 3 workers could.
I return my McGuffins to their original price.

Now I can fire my workers and man the register myself.
3 jobs are gone
But, I now make $50/hr .

Pretty cool, right?

I miss him user

Having to pay the workers literally double makes the one-time cost of those machines far easier to swallow and widens the gap between actually paying a worker versus paying maintenance and electricity.

Already happening in Seattle, where they started these increases. You do it everywhere else and the kiosks will follow.

FAT'N'PROUD
BERNIE 2015

requires too much thought/10

>Increasing the minimum wage doesn't just effect people who earn $8.50, it effects everyone who earns between $8.50-$14.99

It effects everyone above it too. Their purchasing power drops and cost of goods rises.

Everyone I go to Wendy's and have to deal with retarded teenagers I hope everyday automated kiosks and machines replace their asses.

Because people will only hear they raised wages, so they happy. They dont think that far that they're also gonna raise product prices to close the money gap again.

Most fast food jobs are still going to be replaced with machines.

>thinkprogress.com

because it's all in their head

Yea. Every mcds worker is btrying their absolute best to do as minimal work as possible while maintaining an appearance of someone who is too good to work at McDonald's.

If they had a good attitude and studied up on McDonald's shit you could probably be a regional manager in like five years. Mcds will even pay for your education if you want to get education ton move up in the company.

Meanwhile, less people buy those Big Macs as small businesses all over the country close their doors because they can't pay Jamaliqua $15/hr to be a cashier.

The people now making $15/hr don't see an increase in wage, so their earning power decreases drastically. Any money they have saved up? Plummets in value. Also, everyone with a job in any industry is expected to work harder and more for the same amount of money, because of increased costs of production.

And the people working minimum wage jobs? They ask for less hours because they'd rather work 20 hours a week and get food stamps than work 30 hours a week and buy their own food.

So you've fucked a huge sector of the economy to aid bottom feeders who are too lazy to actually learn a skill.

All the McDonalds around me have upgraded to these touchscreen menus.

It's so much faster than before.

Lets talk about Denmark and Big Macs

minimum wage laws do not pit the employer against the employee, but rather the more productive employees, who would have got better jobs and raises anyway, against the least productive employees, who will be culled to reduce costs.

It does not help low skilled, low productivity workers, it hurts them. In fact we'd be better off if there wasn't a minimum wage as competition would standardize a wage that would probably be higher than the current minimum wage.

kek, gg Piotr

rly maek u thnk senpai

this will happen anyway dumbass.

Why? It's bullshit.

Raise or no raise, fuvk all fast food workers. Here in kalamazoo michigan, every time i order fast food(which isn't often) they fuck it up, either old food, or a bungled order. I do construction, make about $17 an hour, and it's hard work and hs to be done perfectly. I think fast food workers should only make $5 an hour. Fuck them all. Plus it's a job for teenies, not grown retarted niggers and white trash.

>using the cuck kiosk
>literally doing it for free

Janitor tier queer tbqh

$14.98 combo meal

Enjoy that $15 dollars an hour now :^)

wtf america? here a big mac is 4,50€ that must be 5 dollars.

They're not even worth that now.
Even so, raise em up to $5.
Why always so stingy with the pay?

>he doesn't make ridiculous orders and walk out

lmao tbqh ladfam

>would cost about 17 cents more, or $4.16.
I would never pay 4.16 for a Big Mac. 3.99 ok, but not 4.16, that's communist.

not unless niggers keep breaking them to the point that paying employees is cheaper than replacing the machines that niggers keep breaking.

and they'll be cooked by automated chefs

Becaue it will go from ten wageslaves operating a fast food kitchen to one better paid wageslave operating machinery

A Big Mac meal will always be close or just below minimal wage

A Big Mac Menu is more expensive than making your own hamburgers here due to wages.
Eating out daily isn't really that common here.

This country is so far gone. We shouldn't even be having these issues but we gave away all our working class jobs and the Govt pats them self on the back when a job at Walmart or some other shit place is created to replace it. I drive forklifts, work armed security, and run an online store. My wife works in an office. We live comfy, but I get why so many people think paying more at go nowhere jobs is the solution. I believe Trump is correct in wanting to bring all these companies home, but I really don't get how he expects to do it.

I honestly don't see the point of construction workers, I think you should make $1/hr. You're lazy and everything you build falls apart. The sooner you're replaced by giant 3D printing machines the better.

Truth

What kinda online store ya run hoss?

Drop shipping?

Yeah! We have the biggest problem of our times coming at us quickly, but what do we do?

>Accelerate it

Full study here if anyone wants to dissect.

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15378020.2016.1159889#aHR0cDovL3d3dy50YW5kZm9ubGluZS5jb20vZG9pL3BkZi8xMC4xMDgwLzE1Mzc4MDIwLjIwMTYuMTE1OTg4OUBAQDA=

Checked

Big Macs cost more than $6 here; the minimum wage is around $16 or something.

That will still happen.

Yeah fuck growth and expansion amirite?
Infrastructure. Who needs it?

You shouldn't be eating this shit anyway.

Australian researchers have just conclusively proven precooked superheated fast food is why the West has exploding growth of allergies.
The fast food processes create alarmins in the food which the body attacks as damaged cells.

Can find a link if anyone's interested.

Save your lives and buy an apple instead

I don't believe this at all

mcdonalds employs 1.9m people

if they all average 9 dollars an hour lets say

thats a huge increase in labor costs for Mcdonalds to the point that not just bigmacs like this article implies. Its far worse with MILLIONS of dollars a year down from mcdonalds which means they'll compensate by either laying off tons of workers or making everything on the menu more expensive.

While it might be .17$ on a fucking bigmac, its the same on every item on the menue. First your drink, then your fries and your burder and EVERYTHING on the menu costs some amount more than it normally ought to be.

I don't believe for a moment its only 17 cents also

>think progress

I worked there. The order doesnt go through until you pay

They make billions and billions a year and receive tax breaks. They can afford to pay more than double what they currently pay.

gay

Wow! More then doubling the minimum wage only results in a 4% increase in prices?

Why the fuck don't we quadruple it?? If we raise minimum wage to 30$ everyone will be pretty rich, and prices would only increase by around 8% according to liberal economists!

And no jobs would be lost whatsoever according to those same wizard economists!

I see no logical reason to only move it to 15$ an hour.

you forget that the cost of the food to make a bigmac equals to less than a dollar, the rest goes to profit / overhead.

Implying a fucking McDonald's employee is a "chef" I went thru 2 years of school to be called a fucking chef. Those idiots don't even deserve to be called cooks let alone chefs

that's if only McDonald's workers get a raise. If everybody gets a raise then the cost of everything goes up. That's partly why there was so much inflation until the 1980s.

>think progress
Nice one

He was talking per meal, not per day

How much would nuggies cost

These numbers are always provided by people who have never owned or run a business. Most food service industry businesses run on a profit margin smaller than 5%. Increasing labor costs by 50-100% will simply put them out of business.

$6 for the combo pr just the sandwich?

>If everybody gets a raise then the cost of everything goes up.
Since not everyone will get a raise it's a non-issue. Unless there's a lot of doctors running around in the US living on the federal minimum wage.

Actually as a fixed asset it would be depreciated over its useful life (5, 10, 20 years-depends on the it's catagory).

I don't think they replace so many jobs unless they can completely automate the cooking and food delivery too.

Here's why you're retarded.

You're only talking about big Macs and cheap shit

Oh look
>17 cent increase

That's not a big deal.

But how much is 17 cents from 3.99$?

That's a roughly a 5% increase in prices.

Now apply that shit across the entire field of business.

A company that would normally spend 500,000 for X would now have to pay an extra 25k.

The end result of 15$ minimum wage isn't fucking 17cents idiot.

It's fucking 5% to EVERYTHING.

In the end companies not only have to spend 50% more on workers (where I live) but an extra 5% on materials not just a fucking big Mac. But actual expensive shit.
that's millions of dollars extra that companies have to spend.

Say bye bye to millions of jobs. And enjoy your fucking big Mac. Since that's as far as your shit brains can think.

>overhead profit
more like R&D, marketing, logistics and the overhead costs of their labor, maintenance and cost of upkeep.

No they actually couldn't the labor overhead on going from minimum wage of 7.25 in the states to 15 would drown them if they didn't either lay off significant portions of their staff or just go fucking broke

Overpriced

Read the abstract you stupid faggots. They'd have to cut the product size by 70% to only allow the price to go up that much.

TL;dr the study is bullshit

Fuck you OP

Just the burger. Meals are $10 and up. For what it is maccas is actually pretty expensive

>thinkprogress.org
Stop. Right. There.

oh yea and heres a REAL article from a good source

>247wallst.com/retail/2013/12/05/can-walmart-and-mcdonalds-afford-a-15-minimum-wage/
>Here is some simple but not entirely accurate math about what each company would pay if its hourly minimum wage rose to $15. If 75% of the workers at both companies make $8 and the number rose to $15, Walmart’s expense increase would be $18 billion a year. McDonald’s would be $4.5 billion. In the case of McDonald’s, profits would be cut in half. Walmart’s profit would be cut by 80%.

Ohhhhhh IIIIIIIIII get it; it's 'cause we're FAT! Haha great joke that also really made me think :^)

Without a minimum wage, workers could actually negotiate their salaries based on merit in a free market. Now companies know they can get unskilled tards for $7 an hour to replace the ones they've got so there is no incentive to promote and give raises to the high quality minimum wage earners.

>every minimum wage job is flipping burgers
>every company is a mcd

I say stop eating fast food period. You may aswell just poisen yourself a little each day, because that's what fast food does. Probobly created in some evil goverment lab. I personally can't eat that shit. Just look at the people who work at these places, no thank's.

According to PayScale, the average lower-bound hourly wage for a fast food worker is $7.97 [1].

Make that $15.00 and you're looking at a wage increase of 46% ($7.03).

Prices will rise accordingly. Demand increases; supply decreases; stores rise prices to balance shit and profit; prices of goods and services rise; demand decreases; supply increases. Simple shit really.

Burger prices now go up relative to pay increase (as mentioned: 46%).

>>tl;dr get ready to pay $5.82 for that supposedly $3.99 burger
>>oh and pissing of all the savers who's savings are now worth less

>[1]payscale.com/research/US/Employer=McDonald's_Corporation/Hourly_Rate

Sage

Wtf lucky

Btfo

DEETE THISL

The latter half of your sentence would apply to the first half if there was no minimum wage period.

Workers would constantly be undercutting one another on the .01 until the work effort would be fruitless and you'd get nothing but the same exact shit where theres no incentive to promote or raise wages since the wage drop initially is so great.

fuck those fucks, all poor need to be organized and united, we can produce and obtain our pay through our will not anyone else's will.

No, no, no, no. That's not even what the study says, and that's ignoring whether the study is even correct. It says if the minimum wage was increased only for limited service establishments.

tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/15378020.2016.1159889

Something isn't right. For the amount that their employees fuck up orders, you'd imagine this would completely make sense, if they would adopt the Costco mentality of only hiring people that can read and write, and paying them $15/hr.

So I don't think this is an accurate calculation.

We don't need to ASK from the top, we will produce our own goods and services.

Welfare recipient detected.

>I need to take action to keep prices low

No you don't, since with more money flowing into the lower income earners you're likely selling more products to cover the loss of sales over people who think they're paying too much now.

The amount of product you sell is going to go up overall, and not just for your business but across the board since every other business with low income employees is also paying the new minimum wage.

Just the burger lad

see
and
the study is shit because it reduces product size (and production costs) by far more than the increase in wages to begin with in some cases so its entirely bullshit