Mega Man Comics

Despite loving both Mega Man and comics as a kid, i've never got round to reading any Mega Man comics. Which are the best ones in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Archie series is supposedly well done, though I've never read it myself.

the archie series is fucking amazing. so sad it got canned

I was never a huge Mega Man fan as a kid, but I loved the Archie comic. It was a perfect all-ages book that still dealt with some more complex issues without candy-coating it.

The worst part is actually the game adaptations, since they're just going through the motions, although even those got better toward the end. The best is when the book is exploring its own world and deconstructing what it means to be a race of human-like machines with sentience and emotions, but no free will.

Western comics with manga layouts always fuck my shit up
Guaranteed to be read backwards by me

the Megamix manga is the best, with archie a close 2nd.

For web comics try Ms Paint Masterpeices

I would say they all are good I especially liked the old one that only had about 3 issues or so wish it didn't get cancelled.

this page just makes me laugh for its glorious lack of self-awareness

There was a comic by Dreamwave but it never got far. Also Brazil had a Mega Man comic but it was 31 flavors of FUBAR and naked Roll

>I especially liked the old one that only had about 3 issues or so wish it didn't get cancelled.

The Dreamwave one where Rock attended high school and didn't fight any Robot Masters?

That comic was awful.

>lack of self-awareness
Explain please. I'm a pleb, apparently.

Just going to say that the people running Archie should go jump off a cliff.

I'm pretty sure they were completely aware of what they were doing. Just because the writer was blending an 8-bit video game with the grim themes of unwilling subjugation and servitude doesn't mean they weren't aware of the contrast.

Read the Archie stuff and Hitoshi Ariga's manga.

The one from Astra is pretty good, too bad that it is so short...

en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/
Here ya go, OP. Knock yourself out.
It gets really good after the first... 6 or so? The first two arcs.

Oh man you may not want to go back to that Dreamwave comic. It is all sorts of sloppy.

MS Paint Masterpieces was really great for a time, but holy shit did it get convoluted. Combined with hiatuses, it's practically impossible to remember everything that's going on by the end

I've only read the first 10, when does the original stuff happen if the game adaptations are weaker?

MM1 and MM2 storylines happen almost immediately but then there are several original story arcs.

Every four issues it switches between original arc and game adaptation.

There are 12 issues between the MM2 arc and the Super Adventure Rockman arc.

Lots of people consider the SAR arc to be original.

This shit is so try hard for Mega Man they might as well just have Needle Man quote Tears in Rain for maximum effect.

If they were aware, they weren't aware it's almost-wanna-be-pretentious tripe. Everybody and their mother knows Rock doesn't like to fight, all I read of this was trying to mash your skull and teeth in with the notion.

Pretty weak stuff.

1-4: Mega Man adaptation
5-8: Mega Man Powered Up adaptation
9-12: Mega Man 2 adaptation
13-16: Spiritus Ex Machina (original, though it has setup for the Super Adventure Rockman adaptation. One of the best arcs, IMO.)
17-18: Protoman backstory (another good one)
19-23: Various one-offs, including a time-travel story to cover all the classic games in the event that they didn't manage to do them properly
24-27: The Worlds Collide crossover, AKA the good crossover
28-33: Blackout (Super Adventure Rockman adaptation, personally my favourite arc)
34-36: Setup for the Mega Man 3 adaptation, including Mega Man's robot PTSD
37-40: Dawn of X, in which Mega Man and Mega Man X fight the same robot at two different points in history; billed as a crossover but wasn't really
41-48: Mega Man 3 adaptation, which was great but a bit of a letdown compared to the non-adaptation ones
49-50: "Oh shit we've got to wrap things up in two issues, fuck it, let's do a repeat of that time travel story but with the post-Classic series involved as well"

Christ, did Ian Flynn piss in your cornflakes or something?

Wait, no, my mistake. 50-52 was the second, shittier crossover, and then 53-55 was concluding things and setting up a MM4 adaptation that'll never happen.

No, but he did rape a bear.

And that bear was my father.

Mega/Gigamix and Archie. That's it.

I mean, I guess MAYBE the Dreamwave comic could have improved, and the concept by itself was not bad, but yeah.

Gigamix and Megamix are definitely some of the best manga I have read period , and it is by the far classic Mega Man material across all media.

Archie comics Mega Man is ok, but it's really bland and kinda sucks compared to their version of Sonic.