On The Way Out Wacky Races!

>On The Way Out Wacky Races!

The cars approach the starting line.
All competing for the title of wackiest racer.
Starting off with Peter Perfect, Penelope Pitstop,
And the ever incorrigible, and shifty, Dick Dastardly..

This is-
Wacky Raceland #1: Daredevil Daffy Drivers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ESi7uGMNaMs
strawpoll.me/10425525
youtube.com/watch?v=gXZkmFFPy8A
youtube.com/watch?v=RRRzWTRvR5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And here we go...
youtube.com/watch?v=ESi7uGMNaMs

Also, don't forget to vote
strawpoll.me/10425525

While on one side I can easily ignore NOT MUH parts of comic since I never watched cartoon I find myself at loss to identify who's driving what.

Thank you

...don't worry.
They know.

Go, Wacky Racers, GO!

So, seems like the end of the world wasn't caused by the Scooby Apocalypse.

Guess that means the Scooby Gang wins out in the end.
Hooray!

I admit it.
I got money on Peter Perfect here.

And I should have waited few pages, everything's explained here.

I hope this and Scooby Apocalypse continues these back-ups.
They're neat.

Oh, oh no.

>axe and chainsaw combo
Poor guy.

This would be absolute genius if they didn't fuck with their personalities.

Roll Call!

Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat #5

Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific #9

Last but not least -

Dick Dastardly and Muttley in the Mean Machine #00

I like it.
The writing is pretty good. But the art really detracts from the races for me.

Oh, and flying Nazi? I guess he's one in red jacket and weird hair on panel left to Peter?

Yeah, he seems to have the same aviator's ruff around his jacket's neck.

I think they could be closer, but there's a certain degree of fucking you have to do to get them to fit. I like 'em well enough.
I'd like it if the art and choreography was a little clearer, but for the most part this seems stupid and fun.

> they could be closer

>Dick Dastardly isn't even preoccupied with fucking with the race
>Muttley doesn't even laugh

OH FUCK IT'S REAL THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was aight. I agree with this guy, pretty much.

>The cars talk
I've never tapped out so fast.

this comic was bad. and I mean really bad. Unpleasant and ugly. and Most importantly, Manco's art lacks the sort of speed and kineticism required for a comic about ya know racing. If they had gotten a Manapul type or hell Manapul himself it would have upped this from a 1.5/5 to a 3/5. But the comic, even for its mad max-ian approach, lacks any of what made mad max and its most recent sequel fun

this design reminds me of this

>Original Mad Max
>fun
Only watched Fury Road?

Well that's one way to introduce a trans character

Dat ASS!

i've watched all of em except thunderdome

Dick and Muttley sabotaged the bridge so Penelope would fall through though.

>Reading a book called Wacky Raceland
>Drop it the second Wacky things happen.

bye

Eh, it's just barely fine. Gonna stick with the book for the worldbuilding aspect.

>Peter Perfect is a useless coward
>Penelope is a super competent badass
How boringly predictable.

Then how the fuck can you call Mad Max 1 fun?

Just because someone is up for wacky doesn't mean it has to be any wacky, though.

There's Dickles the Drummer.

because its goofy as fuck

These are some surprisingly good car designed.

Eh, it doesn't do a good job of introducing all these characters and the cluttered art definitely makes it worse.

Coward wouldn't have attempted to save her.

I can't recall how he was in the cartoon, but it seems here he is brave but not composed.

Something tells me Dick is in this more than just to get to Utopia. And likely tap that Pitstop.

Yeah the jumping back and forth doesn't help either.
Because we hardly get a feel for the racers before switching again.

But...it definitely has some potential.
As long as it tries to seperate the slow from the quick next time.

Well, in the Wacky Races Foreverpilot, Dick was actually a ringer set to stop others from winning the race.

>Dick Dastardly's design
>"This is so metal"
They really wanted to do Metaloclypse instead, didn't they?

>Remember how they don't make 'crazy' racing games anymore

fucking sucks

>Dick looks like Pickles

oh shit

Dildos and Double Dildos!

dammit dave you're too quick to forgive. it is a bad comic

I have a low threshold for this kinda shit.

but to be honest...I just want to see more of the shit-talking cars.

I like Pat and Baron the most so far. You?

>Could have made Peter a friendly jock like in the original but just a bit on the goof side

>lol he fuck up all the time xD

fucking goofed on that but the car designs are neato

It seems to me that they're playing up that he's nominally the most clean cut guy in a group of people racing to the death.

It'd be better if he wasn't apparently such a punching bag, but I'm anticipating his origin.

Thanks Dave
Isn't the plot of Scooby that a mutant virus has taken over the world?

Yes.
But then the flashbacks indicate that...society was rebuilt by the time of the floods/earthquakes

wasn't peter inept in the show like a dudley dooright
Penelope was a damsel most of the time so her subversion was expected.

Yeah, I just reread it. Just not a good comic, it's hard to tell what's going on

Does the woman really have to be the competent, flawless badass while the men around her are all still one-note cartoon stereotypes from the '70s? I have no probably making them broad stereotypes, but shouldn't they ALL be that way if that's the case? I am old fag who actually remembers Wacky Races, and Penelope Pitstop was just as ridiculous as the rest.

Well, there's apparently 5 minutes worth of his car being totaled.
youtube.com/watch?v=gXZkmFFPy8A

That's the worst thing about it.

I get that Penelope was an extremely one-note damsel in the original, but did they have to overcompensate by making the groups major badass? Why not just make all of them normally competent?

Hopefully they're just playing it up for the introduction.
I gotta admit, while the art and composition for this need some serous work, I'm actually kinda digging the world and characters so far. These car designs are crazy good, and with a little fleshing out, I think I could come to like a lot of the supporting cast.

A guy who designed the cars in Fury Road is on this book

Agreed on pretty much all accounts.
The race looked...incoherent.

you're unbelievable
tum tu rum tum

I like the art a lot more than I thought I would, but yeah this series could use someone with a cartoonier style.

don't see what's wrong with Peter, wasn't his running gag is that he "saves" Penelope Pitstop and that his car always gets totaled?

I love this spread, shame that the race itself is incredibly hard to follow. Which sucks because the Ghost Racers Mini showed that a comic about wacky races can be enjoyable. It just jumps too much from scene to scene.

See here, the story's so hard to follow that I didn't realize that Dick and Muttley were sabotaging the bridge until my 2nd reading.

This is so bizarre. It should not exist.

My money's on the announcer having something to do with the catastrophes.

Not bad. Loved the post apocalyptic monsters's stuff!

It's a bit better read after the 2nd one, I think if someone storytimes these pages chronologically (Since as of now it jumps back and forth between the bar and the race) it would make more sense.

Who's up for it?

Like this scene here, comes out of fucking nowhere, should have just left it to be a back up like this one here

Doing it for you anons, here's the Wacky Races Storytimed in a way that it doesn't jump from the Bar to the Race. I dreadfully hope that the next issue will have more Racing now that they've introduced some of the cast. I'm gonna alter some pages (The ones that have story bits that jump in between them) so Get Ready (I'm not gonna include the Back-Up in this one). Just give me a few minutes to sort everything and I'll start.

This is the Wacky Races Storytime 2.0 The Book is actually in Chronological Order Edition

>--HELLLLP!
That's a nice way to work Penelope's signature line into the story.

>youtube.com/watch?v=RRRzWTRvR5k

Huh, so the Red Max is a crazy Nazi now. Makes sense, I guess, though I'd hoped for more the emotionally-torn honorable pilot trope.

>Who gives a damn about Peter?
I wonder if this was meant as a double entendre after Max going on about how important the Private's "junk" was to his identity.

The variants are much cooler than the main cover. I love that Dave Johnson cover for Dick and Muttley.

Cool
I woulda done it, but awesome.

This is what would be the start of the race. (I'm gonna omit Penelope's Origin here since it ruins the pace.)