Injustice 2 Announcement

youtube.com/watch?v=oDav-JfidL0

>Build and power up the ultimate version of your favorite DC legends in INJUSTICE 2. With a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, INJUSTICE 2 allows you to personalize every iconic character with unique and powerful gear. Take control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your Legend. Your Journey. Your Injustice.

So what does it all mean?
Are you hype?
Character wishlists?
Theories?
Complaints?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YCuOnyJcPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The gear stuff sounds terrible for a fighting game but roster seems good.

I'll just have to wait and see at E3.

Gimmie Swamp Thing, Plastic Man, Darkseid, Red Hood and Mr. Freeze

CURREBT ROSTER IS

SUPERMAN
BATMAN
AQUAMAN
FLASH
SUPERGIRL

ATROCITUS
GORLLA GRODD

SPECULATED
RAS
COLD
BLACK CANARY

and Zoom with Captain Cold

Midnighter pls

Captain Cold's gun was in the start so it's probably him instead of Freeze.

How do you know about Grodd?

Sauce pls

>Character wishlists?

POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY POISON IVY

Press release from WB
>Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

>Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk.

>Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

When?

We may have gone too far in a few places

so when do we start with the weekly hype threads and character speculation cards?

2012 was a fun ride man

Why does Superman(and other Kryptonians/Superman-tier entities) need gear?

What happened to the Superman pills?

Can't they just improve and expand instead of just trying to violate the game with feature creep like a Commissioner Gordon thread on a slow day on Sup Forums?

Someone made a confirmed/speculated card last thread

its starting again

For style, you think people are going to follow you if you don't look cool?

My favorite part is when Batman armors up

and then he armors up over his armor

I appreciate that kind of nonsense

>Gets impaled by Aquaman
>still beats him

Fuck Batgod

Boon mentions alternate universes explaining weird costumes and armor not being against the lore. Maybe he did die and was replaced by green power lights Batman.

Soon™

>Supergirl
Noice, hope we at least get a PG alt though
>Grodd
YES.
>Atrocitus
YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.

Feature creep? No, my friend. What happens in Gordon threads is more akin to discovering a lost language or being the first to discover an undocumented landmass.

They are parts of an ever expanding lore and each piece is more vital than the last.

Are we super Armored-armor Batman isnt red hood? He has a red hood after all.

>alt
it's probably customisable clothing parts on one base like Tekken.
So you'll get Supergirl with a red headband, powergirl torso, Benoist arms and New 52 legs or Barry with Jay's helmet, Kid Flash legs and TV show Zoom's torso.

Shawn Kittelsen just confirmed he is working on Injustice 2, but he didn't say if it was the comic book or the game

I'm guessing the power armor will operate as in-game temporary buffs whereas the pills were just a plot contrivance

IT's probably going to be a "build meter by doing combos, pop to extend combos" kinda like V-trigger.

I can't get hyped for this.
A Comic-based fighting game should have cheesecake and fanservice, but Injustice has terrible women models.

GUYS!!

DONT WORRY

Microtransactions wont be that invasive! The loot crates will be tailored to your play experience, the more you play as The Flash, the more Flash gear you can unlock, etc..

Furthermore, unlike massively online games like Destiny or Overwatch, progression wont be exclusive to multiplayer and subject to balancing issues. You can take your time and have a nice casual experience building up your own superhero just by playing story mode, arcade mode, challenges, etc.

Remember those awesome toys from your childhood? Arctic Assault Batman, Desert Jihad Batman, Space Command Batman, Jungle Fever Batman, etc.? That was the inspiration for this fun rewarding OFFLINE experience. (And if you want to speed things up with microtransactions you can do that too...)

In fact, you can go online in the tournament mode with the base characters no problem!

>In fact, you can go online in the tournament mode with the base characters no problem!

Fucking hopefully

Where did the Black Canary info come from

>gear

>Batman defeats Aquaman and The Flash
Explain this bat faggotry

Isn't Green Arrow dead though? I can't imagine they won't bring him back

Netherrealm's female modelling has gotten a lot better if MKX's heavy rotation on SFM Smut is anything to go by...

The actress for Black Canary on Arrow tweeted a pic that hinted that she's gonna be a alt costume

Literally impossible.

POWER GIRL
REMOVE ALL ARMOR

Source?

>unique and powerful gear
Are we talking Killer Instinct levels of custimization? Because I would be totally down for that as opposed to just getting two or three costumes per character

Lazarus Pits. Ra's talks about them in the trailer

This reminds me of that "Total Justice" toyline, wehre each member of the Justice League had armor of some kind.

What is customization like in KI?
Rolling Stone
>The plot for Injustice 2 will continue the storyline from the first game, a kind of Star Trek mirror universe in which Superman has become a tyrant in the name of world peace. Unlike Marvel, DC doesn't insist that all of its storylines intersect into a single "canon."
>"DC has this great infinite multiverse concept," Boon says. "That allows us to do really creative stuff, and it doesn't break the DC lore."
I guess that's more about Superman and co being evil though.

KI's gear was just parts of alternate costumes that you could swap out with each other.

Injustice 2's gear sounds like it's going to affect the gameplay. I hope the game isn't based around the gear so it can be turned off and still enjoyable.

This sounds terrible on a competitive level, unless it's just skins like Killer Instinct. It's an odd move, but maybe it'll be an in story only feature.

It's gonna be an unbalanced mess if they try to take the gear stuff online.

Confirmed not just cosmetic
It's going to be like Tekken 6 where costume parts have status effects.

>direct continuation of Injustice story

JUST

Isnt that only in storymode though?

That sucks.

Why can't they make it like old WWE games -dunno if new ones do it too, haven't tried any- where there's a huge array of moves and you can mix and match however you want? With some obvious specials only allowed to some characters, like lasso for wondy, etc.

Just adding status effects, meh, lazy.

In KI every character has at least 3 things to customize and they get numerous options for each of those things

Not only that but they change depending on what costume you use

youtube.com/watch?v=1YCuOnyJcPU

I just can't wait for The Butlering II.

Read the original comic or play the original game, you filthy tertiary

Can't wait for the mobile game to come out with exclusive characters the console versions should've had.
Darkseid being mobile only last game was unacceptable. Same with Static

I thought this too at first, but it could actually be a great opportunity for B-listers or C-listers outside the usual to shine.

Hopefully Kara will be working with Batman if Supes is still the villain.

check boons twitter
he referenced Power Girl
"GIRL POWER"

Yeah I'm feeling very negative about the gameplay announcements but if there's two things in this world I love, they're DC comics and fighting game roster speculation.

I was kind of hoping for Larfleeze over Atrocitus because he's kind of a shitty villain, but I guess this doesn't count him out.

I wonder if they're going to do the same thing of having an equal amount of heroes and villains, or if they're gonna throw that out and just put whoever they want.

I'm about 97% certain Red Hood will be pre-order DLC.

She'd be an alt skin or he's just talking about Supergirl fighting Superman

>King Shark
Yeah I don't think so.

If this is in the Injustice universe from the first game, Good vs Evil isn't exactly a perfect metric

PLEASE GIVE ME STATIC

I'm 60% sure Batman was wearing read hoods helmet in the trailer with Beyond's suit.

Fuck you, Atrocitus is a great character.

I just hope Darkseid and Reverse Flash are playable.

And in the case of RF, where is he? Unless he's appeared in the last few issues of Injustice he's appeared anywhere in the Universe at all.

According to Sup Forums the Injustice mobile game is by far more popular than the console game and continues to be one of their biggest money makers so it's no surprise they'd try to bring in more stupid microtransaction bait into the picture.

Honestly, the announcement that there's no PC version killed any chance of me getting this game anyway so I'm just in it for the roster speculation at this point.

Can't wait for the pre order Watchmen DLC announcement.
You just know they're gonna pull some stupid shit like this

how I captain cold speculated this time?

DOCTOR FATE
DOCTOR FATE
DOCTOR FATE

If they are serious about a 30+ character roster, and they toss out lots of the less exciting characters from last time, we could get some pretty wild inclusions (especially if dead characters don't come back).

Earth-0 JL will probably show up again though, sadly.

He is mentioned at the start of the trailer.

I didn't know NRS was doing a sequel to this.

But really, they better come out next week and outright say that there's going to be a pure no gear option/setting/mode for tournaments, or at least no stat changes and special move load outs only (basically fix the main problem with Smash 4 customs)

>Animal Man gets in
>Leather Jacket armour piece

>Aquaman has "Beard" for a headpiece

>are you hype
>the models still look like overdesigned crap and the gimmick of this game is making it more overdesigned with armor
>gear loot drops
This is a fucking horrible idea and clearly only being done because the mobile game made significantly more profits than the console game.

No.

No I am not hype.

Imagine if Grodd eats a superpill. Everyone would need armor for that.

DC fighting games, DC vs Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom.

How have we not had Marvel vs DC yet?

It exists and its called Sup Forums

Why would disney and warner do that

GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY GIVE ME POISON IVY

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

You'll get Swamp Thing and you'll like it

>DC vs Mortal Kombat
Both owned by Warner anyway so it doesn't cost them extra.

best thing about the rooster, multiple injustice universes etc. is the length of the campaign

most netherealm games you play as roughly half the cast, fighting against all the members of the cast, at most, 3 times, with a final boss sometimes who isn't playable.

i think mk9 had 30 ish cast, so the campaign as longer then mkX, though mkx had better cutscenes and flow

injustice 2, if they get up to the 30s, would give you 12 or so chapters, with 3-4 fights each.

In the beginning of the trailer a schematic of his gun appears with information about him and his base of operations, the same thing for Aquaman's trident and Batman's cowl

>gameplay altering random drops
>stat management in a fighting game
>NRS' trigger happy patching

Yeah, this totally sounds like a good idea.

For the purpose of any game, to satisfy an audience and make money.

I imagine there's a lot of company logistics that I honestly am ignorant of, but I just am a little surprised that we've gone this logn without a Marvel vs DC fighting game.

Waifufags are so awful.

Awww Hell Naw

I concur

>tfw I like the concept of overdesigning my shit with armor pieces
I thought the stuff in the trailer looked pretty cool. As long as it's really armor-y and not just weird lines like Jim Lee's designs, then I dig it. I'm generally just a huge sucker for character customization though.

Disney don't give a fuck about non mobile games, and WB is only on it because of Batman. They gain NOTHING out of even talking about it.

I guarantee its going to be like the jem system in SFxT aka bullshit

I am not even a waifufag
I am a shipperfag

>wanting more Batman characters

Fuck you, buddy!

God that's even worse.

>Take control over how your favorite characters look
Loving the sound of that

Won't happen, unfortunately.

Alfred got shanked by Zsasz in the comic.

oh shit didnt notice that at the begining good eyes

Fuck all that shit.

Marvel by Arc System Works when?

Seeing their hard-on for mobile games, probably not in this decade.