Baltic paranoia wrt Russia

Why do the Baltic states fear so much that Russia (or should I say Putin) will attack them and end their 'independence'
Where is the actual evidence for this desire by the Russians? Ukraine? Seems quite different to me. Is it the communist past of Russia? It's a different country now.
Whenever I've spoken to representatives of the Baltics, both off- and online, they have expressed this concern
What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night
youtu.be/rKpXqwE2rg8
youtube.com/watch?v=UG2WzST4PC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

History. They have conquered that region 3 times.

They've done it before so they'll do it again?
Seems like pretty paranoid and highly questionable reasoning to me

Trump just stated that he wouldn't help Baltic states if Russia invades.

When Trump wins, it will be a golden opportunity for him

For Putin, I meant to say

Again, why would he do it
Has he ever even expressed a hint of interest

Why would we need Lithuania though?

So have you, my nigga.

Anyways, these countries are weak.

You don't "need" Lithuania, but you didn't "need" Ukraine either.

Not saying you're gonna do it, but if you did there wouldn't be anyone who would help us.

I'm not saying he will, rather that if he wanted to, it would be super easy for him.

Its ironic seeing Latvia and Estonia exist as states exclusively thanks to Russia, and Lithuania along with Poles were historically they actual aggressor.

So you guys are secretly supporting Hillary?

What a bunch of KEKS

Don't forget the Swedish empire

Not really. A lot of people are, but I'm not.

Trump doesn't give a shit about us, but at least he's not in bed with the Saudis like Hillary is

Don't think about it too much goy, Russians flooded the population of all of them in the 80's to try and erase their national heritage. Now they are proud nationalists and independents who import refugees from Africa, move to London or Moscow permenatly for better jobs, and audit themselves so that Barclays can make money. Like true patriots!

>mfw my gf is a proud Lithuanian patriot who moved to London

>Russians flooded the population of all of them
Not all of them
>Now they are proud nationalists and independents who import refugees from Africa
No we dont
>move to London or Moscow permenatly for better jobs
-No ones moving to moscow
-Small part of emmigrants are moving permentanly to london
>and audit themselves so that Barclays can make money
Explain

>get defeated in a war, forced to sign peace treaty recognizing independence of Estonia

wow thanks for getting btfo, ivan.

You mean the fact that you tried to undermine local cultural identity in the 19th century, and then chimped out on your royalty giving us the chance to gain independence, means we only exist as states because of you? The case could be made we would've become a nation state in one way or another, your occupation just made it take longer. Slav trash.

>mfw my gf is a proud Lithuanian patriot who moved to London

You dont have a lithuanian grilfriend. Stop lying.

But I do

>if I can't have one - no one can
just stop Ivanas

>my gf is a proud Lithuanian
Delusional brit thinks he can score white pussy in londonstan

yes, i have a syrian girlfriend as well.

people hate russians because they are mentally challenged midgets, (literal chavs/niggers/[insert appropriate term for a degenerate in your country here].

As to why we think that Putin would do that? Why the fuck not, more land, nice access points to the Baltic sea, being closer to yuropean countries thus making them fear them etc

LMAO, @ ''it is a different contry now''. Literally LMAOing at your life

Russia is literally "dindu nuffin: the country"

Bullshit

lol

Agree, thats too much even for a /belt/ to think.

>all this rage
Niggas you better love Russia, or you shall be forced to love it

ok
>Modern day Russia is the same as the Soviet union
are you mentally challenged?

>muh Soviet occupation
they're just paranoid, that's it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night
Local slavnigger minority chimp out because of soviet time memorial statue being moved from city center.
Confirmed russian involvement in encouraging masses of shit for brains ivans to riot.
Attempted hacking of Estonian government servers by russian hackers at the same time
le baltics are pussies russia has changed no risks no threats meme
kill yourself fag

don't worry m8, in 50 years or so there will be no Lithuania to occupy

>Like worms after rain so is slavenia after mentioning balts show its slimy head

Russians do not think like Europeans. They do not care wheter or not they have the same standard of living as westerners, russians are used to suffering after all. They gauge their worth as a nation on entirely different values. Russia has an honor culture, they value being "respected" more than anything, and prefer being feared to being loved. In the eyes of Russians, Russia is only great when its neighbors are trampled underfoot. You might have to wait hours in line for bread but if people fear you, everything is fine.

>want to destroy WWII memorial for fallen soldiers because of butthurt
>surprised when people riot
you're the fag here, buddy

Those states only exist as buffer zones, just like belgium

All this glorious balt projection

keep it coming bratishki

This thread again?
Yeah the public is concerned because Putin attacked Ukraine. They don't rally analyze it any more.

History is our only model for the future and it's been a time tested model that I would use as well.

>ukraine

no such thing

sure
youtu.be/rKpXqwE2rg8

>fallen soviet soldier memorial
>in independant estonia

Ypure the fag here, buddy

In that case why not fear everyone attacking everyone else again
Maybe the brave and fearsome Swedes will have a go at it again?

>destroy WWII memorial
retarded nigger heritage is showing italifag.
we didnt want to destroy it, it was literally moved 2km away to a cemetary. It was a symbol of soviet rule and was relocated the same way stalin and lenin statues were btfo in the 90s.

Russia wants the Russian populations in the Baltic States to stave off their their demographic decline. Watch carefully as they start to get Russian passports in the mail as they did in Georgia and Crimea.

>muh occupation ;_;
>better vandalize a monument
literally nigger tier behavior

JUST FORM ONE BIG NATION BALATICS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have to take the current geopolitical situation into account too. Sweden is in the EU and hasn't shown any aggressive traits for the last 70 year

the slavic hordes are literally white niggers. identical chimp outs to ferguson etc.

>Pitiful Balkan shitholes think they stand a chance against the Russian bear.

hahaha.

COME TO ME MY PRETTIES!

RUSSKI OKKUPANT IS COMING!

Я Pyccкий Oккyпaнт

Иди кo мнe. Tы oбpeтёшь тo, чтo зacлyживaeшь

Moving 2km away to other spot like he said.

Russian diaspora in independant estonia chimp out like "white niggers" they are.

The best part is that they think people perceive them any different than Russians

yet they try so hard to distance themselves from Russians, it's sad really

I mean Baltic.

Fuck I'm drunk.

We don't, really. That's why most people are kinda concerned.

Literally who?

History doesn't start 70 years ago

>Pitiful Balkan shitholes think they stand a chance against the Russian bear.

No one thinks that we have a chance. Thats why we lick boots from other side.

>Random mummble jummble
>look ma, IMA RUSSIAN NOW

Estonians and Latvians aren't even real people.
Lithuanians are just baltic Poles.

Is it better to distance yourself from being called russian or to embrace being called russian like slavenia is doing?

mr. russian cuck?

Read the first sentence of the post you're replying to again.

Is that video of Trudeau available anywhere

1) USSR past, most people hate Russia because of the past
2) Propaganda. Almost everyday you will see articles on how Russia will invade us and why we need to buy a tank for 3kk euros from Germany

and?
Russia looks pretty peaceful to me

how does Putin dick tastes like fagot?

THERE IS LITERALLY AN ANTRAX OUTBREAK IN RUSSIA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't to me.

My fiance is Russian.

Russia has a great history.

The only thing you had was the Livonian Order and the Duchy of Courland(A vassal of the Russian Tsardom)

Prepare your anus.

one click away

youtube.com/watch?v=UG2WzST4PC4

It's best to have good relations with both sides, that's my honest opinion. And the worst would be guiding your national policies based on the butthurt.. much like you seem to be doing.

Great history knowledge, buddy.

Oh shit I actually thought you were Estonia/Livonia

The PLC was shit anyways. You were just the attack dog of the Polish Kingdom.

The Poles had actual history while you Spratniggers always chimped out and dindued.

>I live 99billion kilometers away from russia on an island. The island is also concidered a semi superpower military country which is sustainable on its own.

>Russia seems pretty peaceful to my ignorant brain :)

cmon man

GDL

because there are thousand of tanks and 100's of thousands of troops just outside the border. Lithuania and Im guessing Latvia and Estonia as well are developing armies that specifically designed to stop russians in there tracks for 72hours at all cost, so that Nato have enough time to move in with there army. Basically Baltic nations would be war front if WW3 ever happens.

>failing for 'russia will invade us again' delfi meme
cmon Jonas

I've been all over Siberia. Nothing bad happened to me.

I felt more scared when I was in France/Germany to be honest.

>armies that specifically designed to stop russians
>Lithuania

you're a good dog, Litva

That's what NATO wants. We're supposed to hold them off for a short period of time if a war occurs. That's why they're pushing us to expand our militaries.

The only thing PLC did right was defend Wien.

Sadly Poles lost at Varna.

How does it feel from being Grand Knyaz to literally Spratniggers?

>My fiance is Russian.
Is that your fiance? she doesnt look russian.
>Russia has a great history.
Great to know!
>The only thing you had was the Livonian Order and the Duchy of Courland(A vassal of the Russian Tsardom)
let me tell you something I know nothing about

None of your arguments are relevant, philippine thinker.

>Prepare your anus.
Am prepared since 1991

Don't you read file names?

>He doesn't know the history of his region

Fucking sad.

>paranoid
Country of 1.3 million people next to chauvinist superpower x100 our size. 25% population from said superpower with majority showing no intention of assimilating because of russian nationalism. Repeated links to russian corrupted money flooding in, sick propaganda warfare, violent criminals linked to russian gangs etc. While liberal EU officials from the west with no experience with russia accuse us of bullying and mistreating minorities and engaging in 'uneuropean behaviour'.
EU pressures education, advertisements and government documents etc to be bilingual for 'diversity and equality' even though the 'oppressed minority' could literally fuck off across the border and live in their homeland of 140million fellow ruski trash. Population numbers only increasing so Putin can use it as political leverage.

Decent, because we now have an ethnic state, as opposed to the multicultural GDL and PLC.

>Am prepared since 1991
You mean you're butthurt since 1991

He'll help if you pay the percentage of gdp you guys promised to fork out

Why is that hard to understand?
You promised

It "worked" technically until all of those partitions and foreign kings fucked your country.

The Sejm was a mistake

Why the fuck did you join the EU then?

oh my lord, another one of these...

ok, i'll try to explain it why the majority of us feel that way..

After the Great Northern War (1700-1721) the Baltic region went from Sweden to Russian Empire (Peter I) Our region was more developed compared to other parts of Russian Empire (due to the German connections). We, the Estonians were slaves in our own land til the mid 19th century and shortly after that Russian csar Alexander III started so called russification process in the western part of the empire, just to integrate these nationalities and to became basically Russians (schools and university were turned Russian speaking) It all lasted til 1905, when the first Russian revolution broke out and csar Nikolai II eased the harsh regime a bit.
During the WWI and after the fall of the csar, Estonian politicians started to work towards independence and after the bolchevic revolution the idea grew even bigger and bigger. Just before the Germans attacked Estonian are, the reds flee and we declared our independence (24th of February). The Germans didn't recognize us and occupied our 1 day old country. After the WWI, the Germany was forced to leave the areas he occupied. Right after the Germans started to leave, bolchevics were waiting to storm in (Russian civil war was going). So the war of independence started. It was a miracle that Estonia won (thanks to British Baltic sea blockade and aid + Finnish volunteers...there were Sweds and Danes too). We had to even fight with the (Baltic)germans and we beat them too. Actually the war against germans (Landeswehr) was even bigger deal because of the history.
During our independence days (1920-1940) we worked our country up. It was hard work and only that. Just before the war broke out, our economy was growing fast and pp were finally living the life. We can't forget the patriotism and pride we felt for Estonia.
Then came the WWII and here the whole thing lies.

I don't support this shit anyway. Our Grybas is provoking Russia on a daily basis, buys fucking crap tanks while our seniors is starving. If there will be war, we will be all dead in the first 10hrs and brainwashed people still are supporting NATO and US "army" here.
>VALIO THEY WILL SAVE US FROM RUSSIA
Yeah, right, few bombs and they're all dead.

Yes, it did work for quite a while, but honestly I wouldn't want to live in a modern times GDL or PLC. I just prefer a Lithuanian state, even if it's small and irrelevant.

>It's best to have good relations with both sides, that's my honest opinion
Youre geograpically in a much more favourable position to serve the both sides.
> And the worst would be guiding your national policies based on the butthurt
Well, we didnt want to join SSRS, we were forced. AFter it somehting like 400000 people died for nothing. + all the brain leaking, damage to infastructure and so on.
We did want to join EU/NATO, we werent forced. Results: biggest leeches in EU. EU give money, we take it.

You see the difference?

I wouldn't say provoking, more like just having a strict rhetoric when it comes to Russia.
Nice cuck mentality btw
>hurr durr why have a military if we will get fucked anyway

This guy actualy know whats up.

Retai kada sutinku žmonių, kurie dar nepametė savo smegenų Delfio propagandai ;) Mldc :)

Patikėk, aš netikiu visais tais grasinimais. Aš tik bandau paaiškinti užsieniečiams kodėl kiti baltai galbūt galėtų taip manyti.

if u havent noticed the west treats us as either russian or just eastern irrelevance. Joining eu, nato etc is just trying to distance ourselves from russia and be accepted in the west.
too bad the west is a bunch of condescending faggy wimps ex:privileged brit who thinks russia is a cuddly bear instead of a rabid beast. "old europe' harbors a retarded sense of superiority towards us newcomers

They do not fear us, they hate us, because we have not build communism under their rule.

And with their hatred they justify our losses. "It`s not our shitty rule and retarded ideas, it`s Russians who are subhumans anyway, so our crimes are nothing really special, it would end the same without us, we din du nuffin."

Seemed like a good idea at the time. Put as much paper shields up between you and russians as possible, and at that time EU was not revealed to have gone fully retarded both financially and politically.

Siberia which has almost no people living in it. Great example, thinker.

I have been in a forest as well, no wolfs or anything like that wanted me dead. Forest looks pretty peaceful to me.