ENDTOWN - 2016-06-08 Bring Your Daughter To The Apocolypse Day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Doc is not a bear after all
Then what the hell is he?

First chronological mention of in-universe cartooniness?

Doc gives the gift of brief stability to Holly and the first thing she does in return is try and reassure him that he's not some horrible abomination. D'awww.

Huh, even the comic doesn't know what doc is. According to the GoComics comments (obligatory euuurgh), "Badger" sounds like a best guess from the guy who wrote the character page on the wiki. Anyone got email commentary from Aaron?

Next page is going to be about getting to somewhere safer...

I think Aaron said he was a badger.

A cartoon

I always thought he was a gopher.

>Next page is going to be about getting to somewhere safer...

The sewers

He's a doctor, so of course he's a golfer!

Seems that everyone in the city is having fun tonight

>that pic

I'll laugh if they go down there and meet other mutants who had the same idea... and one or more are turtles.

>Holly and Doc meet the ninja turtles in the sewers
>"Pff, we were mutants before it was cool"

His stumpnose and round ears remind me of the Capybara

Friendly reminder, Trash thread is up with some new content.

The capybara in general, or THE Capybara?

If Aaron decided to suddenly write ninja turtles into the comic I wouldn't be the least bit upset.

And I don't mean a nod or a reference, but just straight up Donatello & Raphael. Hell, throw Usagi in there for good measure.

well, it's not very obvious

I think Aaron just drew a fuzzy thing and left it at that.

Maybe it reflects Doc's personality, he just does not give a shit anymore, so he is a "whatever"

>Overhanging featureless nose
>A "whatever"

Great Scott!

>Hell, throw Usagi in there for a good measure
Or maybe make Jacob use a katana

Maybe he's a mix of the different types of badgers?

he'd have a bit of white fur to show for it then? Every badger species has some lighter fur on its face.

It could be because that's how badgers look in cartoons

every badger I've ever seen in any cartoon is either blatantly black with white fur or otherwise distinct. Aaron probably didn't have anything in particular in mind. Maybe Doc is the embodiment of "grump".

What If he's not a badger, but instead a hybrid? Now this couldn't have sense since he was asleep when mutating, but as we see the virus works in some misterious ways.

Holly really just needs to go back to Endtown and stay there. She's incompatible with both this adventure and Wally.

Wally needs to be on the move, he cant be sedentary; and Holly needs stability and support. Neither one of them have a life style that the other can live with. I don't see how anyone can ship them together for any reason other than because they just happened to stumble across each other first. It's a completely unrealistic relationship. At least Kirbee got picked up (versus just having been a one off character) so he isn't doomed to be a forever alone.

Kirbro please

>Retro wank.
>Now here are some Japanese influenced characters.

I feel like he's get it wrong.

Is Holly missing her pupils in the third panel?

she is wincing in fear

her eyes are obviously closed.

GoComics comment?

I always thought he was an Anteater.

close but not quite

She is trying to humor Doc with a imitation of him.

But the dude in the clocktower is an anteater, isn't he? And he looks totally different.

But the good Doctor does not possess a belubious...

I think he's like one of those mix n' match mutants because he was semi conscious as the mutations began, but it all leaned towards "brown, fuzzy thing" because he was out as they continued.
I dunno, maybe it'll be addressed in the future

You mean Angus? Because he is, I said that Doc is just a badger or not but neither Doc or anyone else cares, is not like is the mayor of his problems as mutant.

Eurasian is clearly the qtest of those badgers

This is true, for be unconscious Doc really wake up fast when they were in the cafe. So is possible that he wasn't asleeped at all.

Could also have been a side effect of an overdose of neurochemicals from the pain of the gunshot wound.

I was wondering a while back if Flask's unusual stature and humanoid figure was a side-effect of her infatuation and the resulting oxytocin that must have been flooding her system.

Doc's last thoughts as a human were along the lines of "well, fuck it."

>Uh, hey dude
>Want some pizza?

SEWER SURFIN'

Maybe it's your last conscious thoughts before you mutate that affect your eventual shape?

Holly -> "I wish I could just run away from all this." -> Mouse
Doc -> "Fuck it." -> Honey badger?
Wally -> "I want to walk away from this and never come back" -> Cat
Kirbee -> "I'ma just lie here and enjoy this show" -> Lizard
Ethel -> "How can I slither my way up our housewifey social hierarchy...?"

Which would mean that the abominations are the product of a continual feedback loop between the mutation process drawing direction from the last thought in the mind's "buffer" and the mind panicking and adding yet another last thought onto there. Eventually the feedback degrades both processes (the mind deteriorates as the body warps, and the mutation warps even worse as the mind deteriorates).

Drug users probably undergo a more measured version of what happens to abominations - less panicky, more calm and introspective, but still really "out there".

What about the typhoids? What's your theory on that?

Al : uhg... crap, late for work again... gustine? why is there a rhino on our bed?

Hmmm... possibly they have a very strong sense of identity that gets impressed upon every thought they have? They could be continually mutating into themselves... this could be proven if we see a Typhoid Mary show the rapid mutant healing factor.

Maybe they have a very short-lived or no buffer, so the mutation agent never has anything to grasp onto? They could be people who live entirely "within the moment". Does Al seem the type? Stillwater did... very impulsive.

Could even be multiple reasons. Anything that would prevent the mutation process from "hooking in".

How does exactly thinking "Fuck it" before mutating transforms you into a badger? Also, what if some abilities you have as a human affect your mutation too? For example Holly: for being a woman with some months of pregnancy she ran very fast to put herself save of the explotion in the Ethel's house.

>"Fuck it" before mutating transforms you into a badger

Honey badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

If that's true, then what the fuck was Linda thinking when she mutated?

Remember that koalas are actually raging animals, given that Flask kill her partner she must have felt really furious before mutating.

>Linda had a stuffed koala as a child

>she would hug it whenever she felt scared

>whenever she felt scared, she would remember the koala

something ass related maybe, that ass is ncredibly thicc

Existential terror. Her inner monkey was probably kicking in and wanting to climb a tree and be safe... only the virus got it a little bit wrong, species wise.

Would explain the tail, sort of. You may be onto something there user.

I don't know, I feel that we are giving too much credit to the comic.

i want to use linda's butt as a pillow.

Well it'll all be explained. We have what, 9 years to go?

>You will never have a Linda daki
>You will never have a Holly daki
>You will never have a Wally daki
Life is suffering

Well, i can like with that.

>no kirbee daki

kill me now...

>live*

i would go to sleep, but ill stay for the off chance i trigger art.

Yeah, but I doubt that every single detail will be explained in the final,and if it does well then I'm goin to stand and clap to this level of attention to the details.

A-at least we have the t-shirts and mugs, right?

No, you don't understand
a Holly/Linda/Wally daki can have its cover removed to make it look like a normal pillow
A human sized one would be too obvious

>A human sized one would be too obvious

so?

I think he's a wombat, which means he poops cubes.

What, you have fear of showing your power level?

As an Australian, a wombat would fit Doc so damn well... grumpy, gruff, nearly indestructible and capable of breaking legs when it feels like it.

BEND OVER, EINSTEIN!

Also, the head shape and the ears fit his appearance as an anthro rather well...

Well seems that we found out what animal Doctor is. Also I love that fight between Mallard and Doc, with all the seriousness of the milk trial Aaron knowed how to put a comedic moment in it.

But Aaron himself said doc was a Badger...

He does light touches of character comedy inside moments of darkness quite well. That recent vignette in the kitchen comes to mind.

I still want at least a small fancomic featuring the Badass Chefs. There were a few seconds there in between the garbage chute and the main explosion where they could have legged it.

I keep hearing this, but I don't think I've seen an email or anything. Anyone got one?

it wasn't an email exactly. apparently it was KC who asked him, and according to him, that's what Aaron said,

Huh, howzabout that. I think a wombat would work better. His appearance doesn't say "badger" to me much at all, though that could be because I'm used to the sort you see in Britain.

Holly's dealing with the animal thing remarkably well

he doesn't look like a badger to me either... i actually though he was some kind of mole.

That's the power of the rarely-utilised Doc-hug.

She needed that hug to bring her back to reality

it seems to be a reoccurring thing. Without a hug for a long period of time, Holly regresses into depression and madness. See how a hug has taken the edge off of her most severe breakdown to date... although it was not enough

That might also work. I'm wondering if it's like Roxie, where she was originally supposed to be a meerkat but Aaron didn't think he'd made her look right and then, IIRC, someone said "Stoat?" and he was like, "sure, let's go with that".

Maybe the Doc was originally a wombat but Aaron thought that his American readership wouldn't recognise the species, so he got retconned to "badger"...

notice how in the absence of hugs, she seeks)perhaps unconsciously) to replicate a hug in order to remedy her sadness

Now with Doc she's more calm.

>i actually though he was some kind of mole
It was the eyes isn't?

She's just a little cuddle-monster.

it's a webcomic

readers have access to the internet

>where she was originally supposed to be a meerkat

was she? she doesn't really strike me as a meerkat, not with that tail.

Great form of bumping the thread

i honestly picture Linda with a perfectly round ass like the one on pic

He could try

Cool stuff!

I wouldn't be surprise if artists in Endtown only have beans to use in their paintings

Noice.

Actually, isn't there alot of Japanese candy made from beans? I'm sure canned beans don't work but still.

>Statues made of trash and bean cans
>Paintings are various shades of bean
>Poetry uses beans
might as well call it beantown

At least they don't eat shit like the topsiders

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Aaron said the rules for what can be an anthro are something along the lines of "It or something like it must have appeared in a cartoon *and* be easily recognisable to the readers". Hence the theoretical, not-seen-yet dinosaurs being limited to, if memory serves, brontosaurs (like the famous Gertie) and... maybe T-Rexes? There was someone around here who had the inside story on dinos, I may be misremembering.

perfect

Well yeah. I think that's why it got changed. Of course, her tail doesn't look much like that of a stoat to me, either.

Interesting, I like how the paint represents the horrors of the war while in the same time critiques the treatment of the black slaves in the colonies.

So Doc knows Mallard on a first name basis... is this something that came to be after they'd both worked together in Endtown for a while, or did they perhaps know each other pre-War and Mallard is going to be Doc and Holly's route to Endtown?

Not related, but it's been quite a while since we've seen Mallard... I love the omnidisciplinary scientist trope.