What's the best Godzilla movie?

What's the best Godzilla movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM

Hands down, the best in recent years. I loved the Legendary one, but Shin takes the cake

I enjoyed Shin, but I think I liked Legendary more. You just can't top a movie about 3 kaiju beating the hell out of each other.

nice opinion reddit

There is something about Shin, even though its kinda goofy looking he's legit more intimidating then Legendary.

top kek

Original 1954 version.
Legendary 2014 version.

Still haven't moved my ass to see Shin.

>Original 1954 version.

Why did it have to have such a depressing ending? Same with Rodan.

2014 feels like a superhero movie origin story, in that you spend the first half introducing the hero and then in the second half he fights a bad guy

shin, when it spends time with godzilla, feels like a horror movie

This makes no sense. Stop reposting this, it's not going to catch on.

Hit a nerve Sup Forumsmblr?

Japan can be just as bad.

1998 is the patrician choice.

lingering memories of wwII, cold war fear

It's just as good as The Pest imho

>a handful of inoffensive kawaii and crossover shit vs a fucking furfag who thinks he's a dog, Americans being entirely ignorant about everything, roleplaying capeshitters pretending they're monsters

Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster

Pretty good, but the ending was unsatisfying. He just flies away, like wtf.

So he could be in Monster Zero

LMAO JUST MAKE LIKE GODZILLA

Japanese waifufags are just as fucked in the head as furries and Evangelion is just as much a nihilistic memetoon as Rick and Morty.

>We Sup Forumsfags are the most enlightened members of the Sup Forums Godzilla fandom that are far above the silliness of Sup Forums and /m/
>The movie where half the cast is Simpsons characters and Kent Brockman coins the name Godzilla by fucking up the word Gojira and most of the movie is spent trying to be Jurassic Park is the best Godzilla film

This is why I can't take you guys seriously

>implying jean reno isn't the best character in the whole franchise

GMK if you can get past Ghidorah being the hero.

Spotted the waifu fag who wants to fuck a half mutant fish lizard half qt grill.

That guy is shitting in Shin's mouth in that image. Indefensible.

you're such a weeaboo faggot

>the hero
>still loses to Godzilla

Even Mothra has a better win/loss record and she's a bug

Godzilla Raids Again (1954) for the storytelling and straight up scrapping between Godzilla and his rival
Return of Godzilla (1984-85) for simultaneously being legitimately good and the worst localization ever
Godzilla Vs Biollante for the OST alone. Super X2 is best girl.
Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla II for not making Godzilla's offspring painfully retarded

Man I have no waifus but the fact of the matter is if you compare the Jap fans in their numerous online communities to a single thread in Sup Forums it becomes abundantly clear which fanbase is the most embarrassing and disgusting most often. Go search for Godzilla on Pixiv and Deviantart and tell me which nets you worse results.

Because it's not a fucking giant monster fights movie. It's a movie about the horror of human-made weapons, war and destruction and the limits of science and manipulation of nature to create weapons. It's also about grief.

Everything that came later is a distortion of what godzilla was supposed to be.