Is this one of the scariest endings of all time?

Is this one of the scariest endings of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8

its the reddit of movie endings

Shutter's was better.

Anybody that resorts to the "reddit" argument is a moron and either a newfag or from reddit.

Blair Witch was a ground breaking film and spawned an entire genre of found footage horror. It's a classic, and should be seen by everyone.

It was a good ending. Pretty spoopy when seeing it for the first time.

This scene is scarier

Whats that?

hmmm

It's a big show

>Anybody that resorts to the "reddit" argument is a moron and either a newfag or from reddit.

This is such a reddit counterargument.

SO SPOOPY GUYS SO SPOOPY AHAH I'M NOT FROM REDDIT AT ALL TRUST ME XD

The obsession continues

the people who were born in the year of the blair witch (1999)

Yes. Yes it is.

It's scarier when you imagine there wasn't another movie.

>BWP
>scary
Ah, the old days when people believed this shit was real.

People who dislike Blair Witch Project or only like it because of the viral marketing that surrounded its release are idiots. It's a great, atmospheric, well-acted movie with a great ending.

>atmospheric
This is one of the few films that succeeds by just absolutely nailing one aspect better than any film before or since. Even being born late enough to know before seeing it that it was fake, the movie just feels so incredibly real (no joke; a girl I know just found out last fall that it isn't).

The reason the 2016 film was such a disaster is that they took away the one thing the original did so well. The acting, story, and pacing are identical to the original, but it feels more artificial than an amusement park ride. Also they added jump scares and 80% of them were just characters sneaking up on each other (I actually recorded a tally in the theater and 80% is not exaggerating).

Awful movie, wasn't scary at all. I don't like jump scares either before somebody accuses me of not understanding creepy stuff. Only movie I've seen lately that scared me was Inland Empire

I thought the movie was pretty spooky until the ending. I dunno it felt anti climatic to me I guess.

>being scared by a faggot standing in a corner
what next, a shot of a dog wagging its tail to shrill music?

why

>Pass user since 2012

So...you uhhh...how's that working out?
Is it 20 dollars a month?

If you seriously believed that a police department would sell footage that would be evidence in a murder to a studio that would sell it as a horror movie, you were either really young or too stupid to live.

I never said she was smart...

Blair Witch's Corruption
Armond White
Published Jul 28, 1999

>A Cinematic Wedgie "Kill it before it grows!" Bob Marley sang. I'm cringing at the puerile celebration of The Blair Witch Project. This home video by the Florida-based team Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez is the worst of this year's movie offenses so far. Calling it a "movie" is a bothersome technicality (it's been transferred to celluloid and is being exhibited as film, okay?). But its Unsolved Mysteries premise?pretend footage left behind from a search for the occult?makes a mess of what used to be known as basic film grammar. If cinema has a language, a vocabulary, an alphabet, this is nonsense. And so, of course, this "project" is being acclaimed as an esthetic breakthrough. Project? Oh, for the sanity of looking at movies as movies. Evidently a terrible thing has happened in film culture. While the rest of the world was sleeping, pseudo-postmodernism has taken over the souls of festival coordinators, film critics and a whole generation of media brats. In the desperation to claim something of their own, the makers of BWP have ignored movie history, including such point-of-view experiments as Intolerance, Sunset Boulevard, Chelsea Girls, Made in the U.S.A. They assert primitivism as an innovation

> Don't just blame this on film schools but on the failed influence of the Boy Scouts of America. The three morons get lost in the woods because they can't create a trail, build a fire or follow a river. Unable to read a map (they lose it), or a compass (they keep it but don't use it) or a book (Heather buys a how-to but never reads it), they're utterly hopeless. It's meant to inspire fear and pity but impatience wins. A movie this fatuous creates such silly and inconsistent contexts; it makes you think bad thoughts like: Never go camping with girls, never believe the buzz at Sundance or never trust any filmmaker under 30.

>sleep with the blair witch and transfer IT to her

wat happens

Based.

>The three morons get lost in the woods because they can't create a trail, build a fire or follow a river. Unable to read a map (they lose it), or a compass (they keep it but don't use it) or a book (Heather buys a how-to but never reads it), they're utterly hopeless.

Wow. It's almost like this moron didn't even pay attention to the movie.

>can't create a trail

?

lmao what is that user pass bullshit