Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Dark and gritty war drama
Well, they've totally miss the point

>In Theaters ONE NIGHT ONLY
>Sony Pictures
dropped

you know Verhoeven made his own interpretation of the book, right?

So? They go full pro-military like original? Or just boring mindless action flick? Neither of these sounds good. Verhoeven made cult classic and studio trying to milk it removing contravercial core but leaving aesthetics

Both of the first two options sounds ok.

I've only see the first movie and I liked it.How do the rest fare?

Second one is a massive pile of shit

Third one is decent when compared to two

Didn't watch the other animation

Only ever seen the first one and it looks like that's going to stay this way. Jesus that looked bad.

Second one is more suspenseful and a little weird, still OK. Don't remember the third one apart from some nude scene, couldn't have been that good.

>big boss rico
nah

>two CGI movies
>neither of them the finale to roughnecks

have you read the book? it's kind of boring and has very few battles. Verhoeven did a great job except for the exclusion of power armor which is the whole point

can only hope one of those theaters is here in winnipeg, i want to see it

>The Mobile Infantry is Master Chief

Looks gorgeous

Best girl making an appearance. It'll probably be a hallucination on account of Rico wandering in the mars desert. Genuinely excited user

If this isn't from the bug's point of view, I won't be watching it.

2&3 shouldn't exist.

The animated one is pretty decent.

Same Animation as Starship Troopers: Invasion. Sounds like same voice actor. I actually liked Invasion, I'll probably watch this when it hits on-demand.

>He never read the books

STOP SHITTING ON THE LICENSE
LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE IT SO THEY CAN MAKE A REAL STARSHIP TROOPERS MOVIE

I just want a continuation of the tv show

>it's kind of boring and has very few battles

EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF!

They're not Master Chief in the books either though.

I'm looking forward to this. I liked the latest movie. I see a lot of redditfags complaining here for some reason

>generic video game power armour instead of based gorilla suits
why

It's amazing that the Japs are the one with the most faithful adaptation

>sony pictures

This. I read the book after the movie. Its not horrible but the movie and book are like 2 different things.

>Japshit annymay

>Still beating the corpse of a single books to squeeze out more shit.

I wish people would just let shit properties die, hell, the book isn't even "good" as far as science fiction literature goes.

Who the fuck writes a book about a future space war with bug-like aliens and then focuses on shit like officers training and other mundane bullshit?

Shit was just a vehicle for his "2 edgy 4 U" desire for a authoritarian society with real corporal punishment.

It wasn't authoritarian at all. At least no more than our society
We punish people for breaking laws too.
The difference is that in that world, they whipped them and ours we go to jail or pay a fine

I think he was in the military for some time. It's like the Hobbit and the Author being in the trenches.

>They're not Master Chief in the books either though
>they have power armor

With jump jets and nukes and shit. And they look like gorillas.

Back off man. Dizzy is my waifu.

Armor that looks like an ape.

I have to admit though, that Denis Richards character in the most recent animation had amazing titties in the shower scene.

>muh books
>uses the movie bugs
Just fuck off

Why was the animated tv series so fucking awful?

Did you ever notice throughout the whole thing that not a single human dies in the entire series?

What the fuck was that? Its a massive war against superior numbers and you're telling me you're never going to show human soldiers getting killed?

This is why they need to animate Dune.

You shut your fucking mouth you filthy race traitor weeb.

If you think the movie OR the book was pro-military you missed the point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers

And bubble domes for the head

If you want to make a joke it has to be funny.

>the lead is still a white guy

>argentinian
>white

Huh-wha?

The book was "pro-military" in the sense that Heinlein implied that only the military could instil the sense of taking responsibility for the whole rather than the self.
It wasn't pro-war as some people say or pro-fascism.
It was pro-responsibility

I really liked the previous CG flick.

Rico was fucking badass.

He was filipino in the book

What Mechwarrior game is this?

you can still have white latinos

fuck you

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/starship-troopers-reboot-works-943882

Which Gundam is this?

I've never finished a Gundam series but then I've only seen Wing and Turn-A

>Verhoeven made his own interpretation of the book, right?

Wrong. Verhoeven admitted that he never read the book.

I love the original movie but after reading the novel i wish the bugs, power armor and the way the war is fought was more like in the novel.

>If you think the movie OR the book was pro-military you missed the point.
>Starship Troopers has been identified as being a part of a tradition in U.S. science fiction that assumes that violent conflict and the militarization of society is inevitable and necessary.[8] The story is based on the social Darwinist idea of society as a struggle for survival based on military strength. It suggests that some conflicts must be resolved by force. These suggestions derive in part from Heinlein's view that in the 1950s the U.S. government was being too conciliatory in its dealings with communist China and the Soviet Union.
Not the best link for your argument.

Why do they keep using rico

He read a few pages, but his product was better than the original so everything turned out well.

Which video game is this?

The last 'serious' cgi film I watched was Final Fantasy The Spirit Within and look how that turned out.

>Who the fuck writes a book about a future space war with bug-like aliens and then focuses on shit like officers training

A grand master of science fiction that added much needed realism into a genre that wasn't taken seriously. That's who.

>isn't even "good" as far as science fiction literature

It's funny you said that since Heinlein invented science fiction literature. He showed people that it was more than Flash Gordon pulp.

>2 edgy 4 U

Try to speak like a grown man when you're on this website.

>implying you can have such red pilled films now, that sjw are in control

>those stiff award bug animations

Jesus, the first movie had better bug cgi

Shut up faggot, Forever War did everything Starship Troopers did and did it better.

>wikipedia

Great. We have a Wikipedia "scholar" here. For fucks sake, e-celeb bloggers are more trustworthy than wikis.

This looks like the next halo.

This. Met the man, it was an outstanding event in my young(23)self's life.
Gramps.

>white latinos

oxymoron

I hate how much Halo stole from other sci-fi military movies/games and when those elements are brought up millennials are all
>durrr this looks like halo

How does Shinji Aramaki keep making these garbage CGI movies? Do they seriously make money?

A film that honours the novel's world-building doesn't have to literally retell the story of the novel.

Saying the book is boring and therefore anything else is automatically better is not an argument.

Why do people get so mad at non-comedic starship troopers?

>you can't be white and Latin american at the same time
You're wrong, dude. Or what do you mean by "white"?

No one cares about Forever war because it will shatter the globalist propaganda trying to infest the world right now.

>Man will rule the world one day

A terrifying thought

He was a Filipino living in Argentina, originally. So he's an Asian-Mexican.

link?

>Casper Van Dien

Fucking sold. I would pay to watch that man take a dump.

watch literally any telenovela

Snake?! SNAKE!? SNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?