How powerful is wonder woman? Could she beat Superman? If not could she hold her own for a while?

How powerful is wonder woman? Could she beat Superman? If not could she hold her own for a while?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ovxvl/respect_superman_complete_postcrisis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She is in that upper tier of characters who could beat him without a major asspull but I think he is stronger and should usually win.

Superman is slightly more powerful and can take more of a beating, but WW is a better trained and experienced fighter

Superman is obviously stronger.
>New 52 Batman's contingency plan

Supes is stronger, but Wondy is an actual and knows technique as a fighter. In a straight contest, I think WW would beat Supes.

Superman can fly around the world in a split second, lift planets, has frost breath and laser eyes, but he'd still lose to her because she has sword training and stuff.

Superman has no technique.

>Could she beat Superman?
of course, what kind of a questions is that? are you a misogynistic pig?

She beat the entire Justice League once before, so...

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

he's trained with masters on several occasions, and learnt some sort of Krypton-Fu
this probably didn't happen in the Nu52 though
I don't really know

>How powerful is wonder woman?
She's not a planet buster, but she's as anti-unit as you get before you go into big villains territory. She could potentialy grapple with Mongul and Doomsday for a while, just not forever

>Could she beat Superman?
Well, she's possibly the world's greatest warrior. If she has access to all her magical weapons as well and Superman doesn't just hax it out, then I suppose

>If not could she hold her own for a while?

Oh, definitely.

haha, dammit
i read that as frost eyes and laser breath
something i figure that silver age supes would have had anyway

Could she beat Batman, though?

He falls into that same pitfall as Wolverine. Both have plenty of training, but when they get pissed, they both fall back on swinging wildly and just tanking the hits they take as a result.

I don't even see what bat man could plan ahead for her if she wanted him dead.

He beats up the bad guys and doesn't afraid of anything!

Superman doesn't need to be trained to fight like humans, it's retarded. The guy knows his own powers intimately as fuck and is clever as shit with him. If he relied on brute force he wouldn't beat half the fucks he does.

>Doubting Batpotence

Shh, user. Let WW have something.

Plus, Supes is trained. Batman trained him and he has decades of experience.

Y'know, that got me thinking about Justice League: Doom where Mirror Master steals Batsy's contingency plans. I think they end up drugging her, and she ends up seeing everyone as Cheeta and spergs out on them. ...Was Batman's plan really just to trick her into wailing on a bunch of civilians?

>Batman trained him and he has decades of experience.

I get that, I'm just saying Superman doesn't need to have martial arts training. Pa Kent taught him to box or something, that's all he really needs.

I'm not saying Wonder Woman can't beat Superman, that had nothing to do with the rest of my post.

You must be a writer for DC.

nor style

Neither do 85% of the guys that Superheroes lose to

>Superman doesn't need to have martial arts training.

There are plenty of people as physically strong or even stronger than Superman in DC. Having training really helps when one of those guys drops on Earth for whatever the current event is.

I can lift more than my own weight but I've never been taught how to fight, never even thrown a punch before. So if I got into something I could get my ass handed to me by someone that can't lift nearly as much.

Maybe it was to see an indestructible mannequin as Cheetah and sperg out on in and keep wailing on it for years but they modified it so she sees civilians.

These days that's just each other.

I feel like a lot of people, even comic readers, aren't fully aware of how strong Wonder Woman really is.

That being said I'd say she could beat him if she got the drop on him, but in a drawn out fight. Eventually Supes would win out.

I'm not talking about de-powered fights, I'm talking about beating villains with a clever combination of knowing how to use his powers and environment to his advantage. Once superpowers are in the mix it's an entirely different game.

When did I mention depowered fights?

Having martial arts training would be more beneficial if you got depowered. While powered up that shit wouldn't matter. Guys with superpowers aren't going to fight like two guys without them. It's a boring approach to superheroic clashes when they do that.

>Guys with superpowers aren't going to fight like two guys without them.

Okay, find me two guys with superpowers and have them fight to see what it looks like. I'll wait.

Well, unlike Superman, Wonder Woman can be shot or stabbed, right? That's why she uses the bracers, Right? I think if Batman didn't mind maiming her, he could whip up a weapon to stop her.

WW's weapons could harm Supes

Your casual is showing.

Like a Bat BMG?

There is literally nothing Batman can do to stop her. The best plan he could come up with to stop Wonder Woman is Superman. Idiot.

Supes is faster, stronger and more versatile.

Wondy only upperhand is her training and she better hopes she has magic weapons or she is good as dead.

>A single blood drop of Supes hit one of her magic swords so hard it crack it.

Wonder Woman's superpower is, essentially, being the Greek Demigod of Winning Fights. What Herakles is to "being strong" Diana is to "kicking anyone's ass in a close combat fight."

She has the strength and speed of Greek gods, which puts her slightly below some interpretations of Superman. Essentially it depends on context. Superman can lift more, and punch harder. They're about even in terms of speed. Wonder Woman wins in any kind of formal fight, battle or street brawl.

In a sentence: Clark wins an arm wrestle but Diana wins an actual wrestle.

She's not invulnerable. If she was, she would just stand there and tank hits like Superman. But she doesn't; she uses shields or her bracelets.

I hate these threads because they just remind how no one on Sup Forums actually reads comics anymore.

Wonder Woman is as fast as he is (near lightspeed).

Is immune to heat/fire.

And he has a weakness to magic, which she has weapons made incorporating on her person.

No one is 'invulnerable.' If Superman was invulnerable, Doomsday wouldn't have punched him to death.

What are you being so defensive for, faggot?

From what we have seen, Superman could wreck WW, but it would require wanting to rip her apart and Superman is too nice for that. It's the same thing as Superman vs Batman.

Superman loses against them because he holds back, mind controlled Superman tends to win because he just breaks them and doesn't hold back.

Not defensive, just frustrated that too many people here don't actually know what they're talking about.

That still fits the Greek hero paradigm, since he can only beat her temporarily while a villain.

WW essentially has Greek Plot Armour.

She isn't as fast as Superman, not nearly even close to that fast. I don't remember her being immune to fire/heat.

Also stop saying Superman is weak to magic, he just doesn't have immunities. WW's tiara that functions as a chakram could cut him up and her lasso could bind him, but her bracers that are just magically durable won't suddenly break his bones.

I'm talking about the superpower "invulnerability". As in real world weapons won't hurt. Examples are Hulk and Superman.

Her durability is always wonky. Against blunt force, it's amazing, but falters to punctures.

She can survive a hit from Superman, but a spear he's holding can be shoved into her.

But, she trades that for a complete immunity to fire/hear (at least, pre-52).

But, truth is: raw Power goes to superman. Skill (and other details) give Wonder WOman an edge.

>he could whip

That might actually stop her, but only because she's into it.

There was that time where Maxwell Lord controlled Superman to think she was Doomsday and had just killed Lois.

She survived that. But only just (she wasn't fighting to kill either, though she did use her tiara to slice his throat--lightly to distract him)

And Wonder Woman. You'd know that if you actually read comics. She can be punched half way across the solar system and shrug it off, and you think you could kill her with a pocket knife just because she has a shield sometimes? You're pretty fucking stupid.

I thought she was bulletproof. Like she could tank gunshots, she just prefers not to, hence the bracers. But I'm pretty sure she can be cut.

Does she beat Thor?

I read comics. And you're the fucking stupid one if you seriously thought I meant a fucking pocket knife.

Ah, so you've never read a wonder woman comic?

When Wonder Woman (pre-52) was created, Hestia gave her 'Sisterhood with Fire, so it may open hearts'. This worked two fold, it acted as a charisma buff, and it gave her immunity to fire/heat.

This was demonstrated in an OMAC project tie in where she dove into molten iron and waited for the OMAC to leave so as not to cause more collateral damage.

Also, she got her speed from Hermes. Ya know, god of speed? Yeah. When asked who was faster between her and the Superman, Batman answered: "Who's faster: Ussain Bolt or Bruce Lee?"

See this from a quick google.

Also, the lasso is much worse, and the bracers are the Aegis of Zeus, which means they are an effective "NO SELL" against attacks.

Also, she hates necks. What can you do with a rope and a neck, eh?

I don't even read Batbooks and I know that he had a contingency for her, which worked, in Endgame.

Not in Supes' level, but still one of the heaviest hitters hero wise.

She's bulletproof and anyone who tells you otherwise can't cite a counter example that isn't from thirty years ago .

what happened with this shit?
batman with metrons chair should be its all over tier for anyone with an evil thought in their head

Isn't there a comic where she blocks bullets with the bracers because bullets to the chest just makes her boobs jiggle?

He does, but he generally becomes just another brawler when he's mad.

Then you haven't read Justice League where Batman says plain as day 'I've got nothing'

Muscle memory doesn't allow for prediction.

Seems like Has only read Nu52 stuff.

Is this bitch trying to use literal fanart here?

Well then I guess someone should decide which era of Wonder Woman is being talked about in this thread.

Meh, I thought it was just funny to mention.

Looks like.

I need to see this.

Then someone is just going to come in and talk about the time Superman sneezed and destroyed a solar system.

. . . That's not what's being said. She's not predicting, she's reacting faster and using her greater experience to her advantage.

Experience can allow for prediction against an inexperienced opponent.

FOUND IT!

>What can you do with a rope and a neck, eh?
Lynch

Ah, the Silver Age . . .

this, pure speed should trump at all times over anything less than that speed. its a wonder how flash loses at all since he is so fast that he should see and react to anything and everything that happens around him favorably at all times. but since its comics and it would also be boring, he has to lose in some way.

Apparently Felicity can beat her by hacking and causing an explosion near her to beat her. But that's from someone who doesn't know Wonder Woman well.

Why because it's not about combat. Didn't wonder woman survive a nuke or somethin?

>faster in raw speed
That means he's faster. Come on, now.

it was also dead and supes knew where and how fast he needed to fly to it in time to sneeze

I've read very little Flash, but can't he only think/react at super speed for a limited time? It tires him out or something?

No, it depends on the writer.

They usually nerf him.

Scroll down to skill, then look in the mirror and yourself a faggot. reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ovxvl/respect_superman_complete_postcrisis/

i dont think she is solar powered like superman so fake red sunlight would weaken him. batman pulled it off 1 time in a fight with superman

and she might be distantly related to kryptonians but she is weaker than superman so kryptonite probably at worse gives her temporarily motion sickness not what looks like ebola while in range

in a fair fight no. superman has eye lazers and is he sneezed she would be flung into another state

How high are you right now?

wut?

>How powerful is wonder woman?

Near-Superman-tier, capable of pitched battles against Superman-level entities, makes up for power gap with divine arsenal and a lifetime of training and combat conditioning

>Could she beat Superman? If not could she hold her own for a while?

She could hold her own if Superman was holding back and not determined to put her down. Infamously, an enraged mind-controlled Superman forced her to resort to lethal force on both Superman and his controller, and for Superman it slowed him down for a few moments at best.

Didn't she become the God of War or something, pre-Rebirth? Also something about her bracers being power limiters.

wonder woman has no issue with killing this is her sole advantage if she is given a weapon that can harm super man its over for him.

To politely nitpick that in case others get the wrong idea, she has no issue with killing the way Captain America has no issue with killing. She's still a super-hero. She's just a soldier archetype so using lethal weapons and killing without hesitation when it is absolutely necessary is completely in character.

Yes, she was God of War. Before that she was the God of Truth.

And yes, the bravers contain her power. That dates back to the golden age.

Depends on the incarnation. Clay Wonder Woman? About the same tier as Superman but somewhat weaker. Child of Hercules Wonder Woman? No idea, didn't read Earth 1. Child of Zeus Wonder Woman? Definitely more powerful if her bracelets were off.

you make a good point and agree. there is a difference in fighting to win and fighting to kill.

Well getting stabbed by magic god weapons can pretty much kill anyone that doesn't have some ridiculously op healing factor.

Unfortunately this scan is 100% meaningless when Superman has absolutely obliterated her on numerous occasions and clearly demonstrated to be faster than her in every measure.

We can even ignore the times that Wonder Woman has openly acknowledged that she could never beat Superman in combat.

>Go to reddit

This is stupid as hell, this is stupid on the level of Deathstroke almost killing The Flash by just holding a sword out and having Flash run onto it.

Superman moves super fast, his reflexes, reactions, and etc are all faster than a normal human.

>Who is faster? Bruce Lee or Ussain Bolt?
Well neither of them could catch a bullet, because that is on a different scale.

We don't talk about flash but one of the reasons why pre52 Diana could react fast enough was due to the eyes of Athena which let her see all things

>Also stop saying Superman is weak to magic, he just doesn't have immunities
>No immunity to magic
>Not weak to magic
>Magic being one of the key elements that can easily bypass his invulnerability
>Not a weakness
You fucking stupid?

Weakness is different from a lack of immunity. Superman is weak to Kryptonite, he loses his powers. Martian Manhunter is sometimes weak to fire, and loses his abilities. In both situations they start to die and can literally do nothing against these forces.

Magic isn't a weakness, he just has no immunities. If you magically make lightning it won't hurt him because the magic is creating lightning and his immunities come into play. If you magically make a hammer heavy it won't suddenly break Superman as if he had glass bones. If you use a spell to turn him into a frog it would affect him like any other person.

There are a few stories of Superman overcoming magic spells because the spells can be broken by strong will and etc, and because Superman isn't WEAK to magic he can overcome it just like any other strong willed mortal being.