Greatest country?

Throughout history, what is the greatest country that has ever existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367012/C-est-impossible-French-course-world-s-commonly-spoken-language-2050.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This isn't /his/ you fuck. sage

Napoleon's France or America.

Take a wild fucking (((guess))).

Finland.

Has to be Rome, or ancient Greece if you are willing to count that as a "country."

Sorry Dad, but your Son has out shined you in every way.

I'd rank them as
>1 Ancient Rome (Republic and Empire)
>2 The British Empire
>3 The Kingdom of France and Napoleon's French Empire
>4 The HRE, if that counts. The Russian Empire if not.
>5 If we count HRE, Russia is here. If not, Ancient Egypt is always viable.

>Sorry Dad, but your Daughter has out-shined you in no way at all.
Fix'd.

There isn't any better

1. BRITAIN
2. FRANCE

HUGE POWER GAP

3. USA

POWER GAP

4. JAPAN
5. SPAIN
6. GERMANY
7. RUSSIA
8. ITALY
9. CHINA

Rest is irrelevant or former colonies of these countries.

Bulgaria of course

Israel

Obviously the Dutch. I mean, yeah, you know am saying.

> Ancient Egypt
> Anything but an amusement park for emperors.
You seem to be making a diversity hire there friend.

UK very certainly

1. Roman Empire
2. British Empire
3. Mongol Empire
4. United States of America
5. Russian Empire/Soviet Union/Russian Federation

US would be higher if it had existed for longer, Russia would be higher if its political borders leadership wasn't so unstable.

Keep it up, Ameribros. I'd say 75 more years to top the Mongols, 120 to top the British and 200 to top the Romans.

You've got a decent shot at nailing the high score.

t.steppe wolf

>Great civilization
By which I mean architecture, astronomy, maths, warcraft and later scientific litterature as a whole
>Using niggers and jews as slaves

Also,
>Diversity
What is the Ptolemaic Dynasty

They were breddy gud until they got their asses handed to them by Alex. They were even better from that point on till they got cucked by Rome. They were just as good when they got officially annexed, but then they stopped being Egypt, so...

And I feel like I need to clarify, by Ancient Egypt I mean pre-islamic Egypt.

UK in first ? Are you kidding ? They just had a colonial empire.

>Mongol Empire
Its not just military and large borders that makes a great country, m8. The Mongols did nothing but rape, kill, pillage and destroy civilization.

>jews as slaves

Kike propaganda. The Jews have been lying about being oppressed for millenia. It's all they know.

There is no evidence that Egypt ever had Jewish slaves.

True rating :

1 Roman Empire
2 Ancient egypt
3 France
4 Germany
5 Italy
6 Spain & UK
7 Russia

UK is just a lot of industry after 1800's and conquest made of desert.

Well, the way I know it, they used to be mercenaries fighting for the Pharoah. Then they settled in Egypt, grew lax, stopped fighting and got cucked into slavery. Wage slavery if not actual slavery.
But lets say they didnt enslave the jews, I may be wrong. Do you object to any of my other points? Or would you say that Egypt was at least a respectable civilization at least?

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Easy there, Conan. You wouldn't want be a BARBARIAN now, would you?
Surely, you'd agree that if such was the case, a good Gallic Campaign would be in order, no?

Highest peaks:
1. Roman Empire 70-235, 284-362
2. Germany 1871-1914
3. France 1794-1814
4. United States 1812-1922, 1940-1980
5. Japan 1848-1945

If we're expanding slavery to wage slavery, then 99% of everyone is a slave, so that's meaningless.

Were the Egyptians respectable? Sure. But 's assment of it as an amusement park for the emperors isn't exactly wrong, is it? Pretty much every significant trace of their past is a vast pile of manpower, wealth and resources pissed down the drain all the name of sucking the royal family's cocks. It's hardly fair to judge an ancient civilization by the standards of today, but you could honestly liken them to North Korea - squandering their land's bounty on endlessly aggrandizing the rulers.

If they were so great, they wouldn't have crumbled the second they met a challenge that wasn't a sub-saharan african.

Was the roman empire this good? I honestly dont know much about it.

Ah shit, my bad. I misunderstood the other Britbong's statement and thought he was saying that it was an amusement park for FOREIGN emperors (Because it kind of was at many points in history, but it wasnt only that.)
But yes, you are absolutely correct in likening them to NK. The Pharoah was a God and the whole fucking empire worked endlessly and wasted everything to make them feel more than a mortal human.
Fucking hell, they buried precious gold, valuable slaves and God knows what else when the monarch died.

You act like the Roman spirit and the gallic Barbarian spirit weren't one and the the same.

Rome was a nation that that understood conquest was the greatest calling. They doomed themselves as soon as their patriotic men became fat, lazy and weak, and they replaced their armies with men from lands they'd conquered but not yet culturally assimilated.

Thus they were sacked by the barbarians they hey trained to fight for them.

Irrelevant, we kicked their asses.

But yeah, they had plenty of good ideas. Roads. And republics. And putting huge Egyptian stone pillars everywhere.

Get that garbage out of here.

Yes yes and yes, way way way ahead of its time. Greece laid the foundations for western civilization and Rome were the first ones to run with it. They were the first ones to really do things properly from Military to Politics to Society.

Reminder that the British Empire didn't even last 100 years

The fall of Rome was what sent the Western World into the dark ages.

Read up on it user. Start with the Republic, though, with how it was founded.
Ancient Rome was fucking incredible. Most of what is considered the Western Civilization today was created by Rome. And yes, I know that is a hollow cliche, but its true. From the language to the legal system to the administrative system.
Fucking hell, even legislative immunity was their idea.
Once you get the basics down, I recommend you check out the youtube channel "Historia Civilis". Its fucking dope.
>Rome was a nation that that understood conquest was the greatest calling.
Aye, thats true. But when the part of the nation that doesnt take part in the conquering sits on its ass, youre fucked. Rome was a master conquerer, but she was also a master artist adn scholar. Generals were the highest of their society, but up there with them were orators and philosophers.
People like Cato and Cicero were prized in Rome whereas in Gaul and Germania, they would have been mocked and deprived of any social standing.
Warfare is important, but when youre at peace, eating, drinking, fucking and merrymaking shouldnt be the only things you do.

Deplorable conditions for a decent chunk of society by today's standards (though that rules out most civilisations pre-1800) but it's hard to beat the glory of it all. Slavery was commonplace which wouldn't be a problem but they were mostly POW from eastern/Central Europe.

Aye Pax Britannica was literally the pinnacle of western civilization and Paris is the Capital of the world. Pre unified Italy should be above USA in terms of culture and art. Portugal should be on there purely for their exploration and martial prowess against the Castillians. Russia, Germany, and Japan shouldn't be on the list. Germany has done nothing but ruin the world and lost two world wars, Russia historically is a back water with huge manpower and snow. Russo-Japanese was humiliating for Russia but Japan shouldn't be on their as there country was literally a backwater to China for like every period in history till the westerners arrived in the 19th century.

And mabye Dutch

>Dark ages
This meme again. With the fall of Rome came the fall of infrastructure and the West was crippled for a few hundred years at most, but the Dark Ages were not near as dark as people make it out to be, especially when they claim the Church led the Dark Ages.
Christianity always was and always will be a boon to the West.

Reminder that in that one hundred years they conquered more land than any civilization in the history of mankind.

It's pretty depressing when you think about it. All the talented and skilled labor in their land, and they still failed to make any meaningful or lasting expansion beyond the nile delta.

>Fucking hell, they buried precious gold, valuable slaves and God knows what else when the monarch died.

King Tut's inner coffin alone is worth $2 million in terms of just the weight of it its gold. That's not even beginning to considered the thousands of hours of skilled labour that must've gone into it.

>American education

it lasted four glourious centuries m80

>Germany has done nothing but ruin the world and lost two world wars

Two World Wars and one World Cup!

Doo-dah! Doo-dah!

Two World Wars and one World Cup!

All the doo-dah-daaaay~!

Its *peak* didn't last 100 years. On the whole it lasted 400.

A FUCKING LEAF

You are posting in english

10/10 keks

Because you island Saxons get annoying when we don't. It's polite, not political.

If I remember correctly, they were given land on the borders of Egypt to act as a buffer against any potential expansion by another civilization. I believe there's something in the Book of Exodus about them taking up arms prior to peacing out of Egypt, which always struck me as odd, because it says a lot about the conditions of their slavery that they were armed.

Then again, I could be wrong. It's been a few years since I was into this stuff.

Aye. Talk about pissing on everything.
Could be correct, I didnt study much about the Jews and Egypt, I've always been more of a Rome/Europe guy.

Everyone here is writing American English.

>roads
>good idea
read some fucking Rothbard faggot

good list roach

Might as well take the roadpill then, I guess.

Napoleon's empire, America, Carlo's V Spain, UK or Rome

kecked

Pre ww1 imperial Germany or possibly 1950's America.

Spanish Empire, if they didn't leave such shitty countries and people behind with them.

Nein, schreib ich auf Deutsch

Cheers m80. I'd have included the States too, had you been around a little longer.

Rule Britania!

The USA

Germany and it's greatest manifestation, you know

America is the only country where freedom of speech actually exists.

>not including imperial Germany
>not including 50s America
>choosing imperial Rome over Republican Rome
>other then the B.E the rest of the list is a bunch of shit tier empires run by Tyrants that cared more about making themselves wealthier rather then spreading the glory of their people, the arts, philosophy, or science

Shit tier list desu. Though I'd expect nothing less from a filthy turkroach

shekelistan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAdailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367012/C-est-impossible-French-course-world-s-commonly-spoken-language-2050.html

enjoy

Here is the beautiful thing about the American Constitution: The freedoms it names are universal. It may be true that outside of America it is not commonly -protected-, but you have it. I have it. All that is left to do is remind the world.