What happened to animation?

What happened to animation?

You grew up

The animators stopped putting much effort into their work.

calarts

animation is fine

character design is stagnating because cartoons dont have the attraction of being new

i wonder of the refreshment of widespread drug use will change that

Lardasses like you making shitty posts on the internet about the calarts menace.

Nothing in particular.

Times change, peope change, opinions change, etc etc

There was never a direct catalyst as is there something to blame

It just happens with everything

nothing

It costs too much money for little return.

Animation is expensive
Contracts are tight
Delivery dates are absurd
Money comes from merch and not reception
Target audience is easy
Technology made cheaper a quicker way

If calarts is doing something, is keeping it from dying

But CN shows are outsourced.

Capitalism.
You can call me a commie all you want, you know I'm right.
Enjoy the Disney cock.

How Sup Forums fags can't get any basic concept of animation production? It's like fags that never read comics and still try to talk about it

How come Loud House, animated in Flash have better animation than Adventure Time which is traditionally animated?

It doesnt though. Early seasons of adventure time are well animated and expressive.

Easier to work with, the characters move with premade effects and make the work of autofilling frames

again:

It started costing a lot of money to have it animated at a certain level of quality overseas. So they they have settled for low tier low effort "Cal-arts" styles.

The people working on AT have been doing it for 6 years and got tired and lazy while Loud House began like a month ago.

the conversion to digital production made it a tenth as difficult and a fifth as expensive as it was before
yet animation continued to act as if it was unbearably difficult and expensive to do, with razor-thin profit margins and ratings requirements (and ratings then started going down like mad) with huge costcutting measures that shouldnt have been necessary but whatever.
soooo we can probably blame executives

Adventure Time had a cute minimalist artstyle that was unique at the time. It led to a bunch of mimics that just looked terrible.

This. Adventure time ruined animation by being too popular

Koreans.

Too expensive to make.

People who grew up using Flash's motion and shape tweening are now working at cartoon studios, thus encouraging all the other art students to follow in their footsteps.

the mickey shorts are pretty good

Right in the feels man.

I don't think this is it. There used to be better shows. Where are the shows on par with the DCAU?

It's expensive and the economy is in the shitter.

The Last Airbender ended

this

Simple. The corporate execs have finally found a perfect formula.

>Simple character design

>Outsourcing to the lowest bidders

>Oversaturation of short 10 minute shows

>Long hiatus' between the more expensive and longer shows

>The show can be shit, so long as the toys sell well

The perfect formula for maximum profit.

What is shape tweening?

well the autotweening makes animation cheaper so you can attempt stuff that would be too expensive the old fashioned way.

however I believe Adventure Time COULD have better animation than it does today. all the Koreans do is trace the storyboards they get, and the storyboards are lazy garbage now. I don't think somebody's standing over the american boarders going "these drawings are too complicated, be lazier".

instead of reanimating a shape, it is stretched and rotated and stuff
it looks really weird

Artists are all lazy bums that never reach higher and the ones that do get shot down by the system.

Producing traditional animation is very expensive and time consuming.