Why were the 90s so fucking great for DC, and so fucking bad for Marvel?

Why were the 90s so fucking great for DC, and so fucking bad for Marvel?

> Wonder Asian

Oh, come on! Why can't we get this Wonder Woman now?

New Super-Man has Literally Chinese Wonder Woman, Green Flavor. Maybe you should get on that.

Ya know I had this same thought yesterday when I was looking through am old issue of Marvel vs DC. The ads for DC were for Starman and Kingdom Come and Marvel's were of Electra and a generic Xmen spot. Now obviously that's cherry picking but .. damn

Karen Berger and Archie Goodwin.

This, the berger train was still on a roll and they focused on good writing rather than having superstar artists such as liefeld

Bring this Aquaman style back, seriously no one fucking like Orange and Green Aquaman. The colors don't go well together and the costume itself is boring.
If you want the character to be taken more seriously by people make him look cool.

I feel like at least part of it was that DC was actively looking for writers and artists that were doing unique creative things with Vertigo. While Marvel was snatching up the huge superstar names in American comics, people were already growing tired of that and it was all starting to become samey trash, and instead wanted people like Grant Morrison and that whole group of writers and artists, and DC had actively found some of those people and were able to move them from Veritgo onto main line superhero comics.

N52 aquaman is my favourite design but aquabeard is badass, would love a return, the rebirth costume sucks dildos

N52 Aquaman and Rebirth are almost the same.

Except rebirth is covered in rocks and has stupid fins in his legs

Why can the same be said for ALL eras?

Marvel were obsessed with milking dry anything even remotely successful.

So exactly like always.

It has never been great for marvel

This, but Marvel Knights saved the day by the end of the 90's

>no one fucking like Orange and Green Aquaman

Wrong.

The leg fins have been around for a loooong time.

The 90s were bad for everyone, user, especially the fans.

Bob Harras

Despite primary being a marvelfag, I've only read DC 90s stuff.
Primarily because I've heard it's either bad or heavily rooted in nostalgia
Plan on checking out marvel rebirth in a few months though, Dan Jurgans/JRJR Thor sounds right up my alley

fins were there for the n52 suit too

Death of Superman and Knightfall desu

It's the coloring.
They went back to orange instead of reflective bronze-ish gold.
And they gave him this faggy exposed neck/shoulder.