Friday The Thirteenth

A while back there was a thread discussing the Friday The 13th franchise. I recently watched the first 2, what's the ranking of quality for these movies? If you were me which one would you watch next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EuTtAWAZTA
youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE
youtube.com/watch?v=DupfUVoSd7A
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zf6eOZmMo
es.fanpop.com/clubs/horror-movies/answers/show/122357/freddy-krueger-child-killer-pedophile-just-child-killer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everyone agrees Part 5 and Jason Takes Manhattan are the best

The 4th is the best by far, after that the kills get kinda lame

Why does this shit turn me on so much?

Seriously someone break down the psychology behind why faceless monster men chasing down and murdering helpless naked/half-naked women is such raging fetish fuel.

Part 4: The Final Chapter and Part 6: Jason Lives are the only good movies in the franchise.

Everything else ranges from okay to dog shit.

Watch Jason X to see what happens when a franchise officially states it is jumping the shark.

Pretty much. Although Part 7 is fun and has arguably the best Jason costume.

This is the ultimate, irrefutable order in which these films must be viewed

You honestly didn't think "Jason Takes Manhattan" was enough for that?

>not jason x
the undisputed best one ever

>LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLO
>LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLO
>UUUUUUUUAAAAGHHHWWW

Was that before or after the one with the telekinesis girl? Because that's when it jumped the shark.

Telekinesis girl was 7. Yeah it was goofy but at least it was fun to watch her take on Jason at the end.

Simple power fantasy mixed with sexual frustration. It's very common actually. I fantasize about torturing beautiful women all the time.

IV > I > II > III > rest

Forgetting Jason Lives? It's easily better than the first three.

The premarital sex scene cracks me up every time

Honestly, no one watches these for quality. They watch em cause Jason is a fucking badass. My personal favorites in order.
1. Freddy vs Jason
2. 3
3. Friday the 13th (2009)
4. 4
5. 2
6. 7
7. 6
8. Jason X
9. 1
10. 8
11. 9
12. 5

I prefer A Nightmare on Elm Street. Parts 1 and 2 of Ft13 are good tho.

Is that your phone number?

Part 2 would've been cooler if they had actually shown the abandoned camp from part 1.

VI,II, I, III, VII, IV, V >>> VIII, Hell, X
This is the true order

Jason Lives and part V were fucking GOAT

Arsekino

In order from best to worst:

VI>III>IV>V>VII>XI>VIII>Remake>II>VS>I

You really consider the 2009 version worse than Jason Takes Manhattan?

It's more enjoyable for sure. There's more memorable scenes and characters and it's one of the Kane Hodder movies.

True but I did appreciate the 2009 remake's weird meta crossover with the Michael Bay Transformers universe.

OP here, being a dead fuck and watching 4 even though Corey Feldman is a degenerate and Crispin Glover appears to play a normie in this one

Crispin Glover is fucking great in part 4.

On an unrelated note, who are these fucking shills that post Twin Peaks, Dr Who and shit threads around the clock? How do we end them?

No fan of the series really cares for I and II. Part 3 may as well be the real Part 1.

>normie
>that dance
U wot?

i like IV but the main bitch in it is probably one of the stupidest characters in horror movies
>oh no jason is on the floor above
>better run to the door!
>ugh, there's a corpse right in front of the door, better find another exit

KEK, his dance was pretty based tho

For some reason I really enjoyed the one with the girl with powers. It was fun.

What about the chick in Jason Goes to Hell?

>My mom was murdered yesterday
>Oh no there's her blood still in the carpet
>Meet my new rich boyfriend!
> My mom's body was stolen, that's weird?
>Jason's in the basement with her corpse? Oh well!

jason takes manhattan is great if you don't take the ending and the name

Best songs

youtube.com/watch?v=9EuTtAWAZTA
youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE
youtube.com/watch?v=DupfUVoSd7A

Part v should've been jarvis and not a fucking paramedic

explain

part iii and iv has the worst face

Did he only kill descendants of the parents that burned him or teens in general?
Also if they burned him for fucking and killing kids why doesn't he attack kids too?

bump

what dance?

Part 7 is shit overall, but Jason looks so badass in it and the fight against the Carrie chick is incredible.

>Part 7 is shit overall,
is it? don't remember
why is is worst than 6?

True, part 7 is extremely bland and forgettable even by the franchise's standards and the only highlight is the battle at the end. I think the most worthwhile movies are 4, 5, 9 and X because they have actual stories to them. The first three and 6 are mediocre, 7 is probably the worst and 8 is all over the place so I don't really know how to rate it. Never saw the reboot.

>Did he only kill descendants of the parents that burned him or teens in general?
The former in the first movie, the latter in the sequels.

I appreciate the effort, user.

This will likely be the best thing I read all day. Thanks.

The one where he is on a boat is best, I watched them all in order, fun times and lots of boobies

>The one where he is on a boat is best
Yeah, the one that's supposed to be set in Manhattan.

budget didn't allow it

I get why people don't love & but I think if they hadn't cut all this great gore it could've been a GOAT entry. It also would've been nice for them to keep the tongue-in-cheek sense of humour introduced in Part 6.
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zf6eOZmMo

Don't listen to these dumb faggots trying to get you to skip any of them. Watch part III next and keep going, OP. Make up your own goddamn mind. The people who don't sample everything and come to their own conclusions are called "children". And I highly doubt you don't have the time available to watch them all, these movies are like 90 min long on average.

Read Crossed

es.fanpop.com/clubs/horror-movies/answers/show/122357/freddy-krueger-child-killer-pedophile-just-child-killer

there's people who literally believe killing children is better than molesting them
there's also people who believe someone that's a child killer wouldn't fuck them first
pedo histeria has literally destroyed people common sense

Pic related did nothing wrong, he was also the only non-psychic to go toe to toe with Jason in a multiple stage fight and maintain the advantage throughout most of it.

Genuinely felt bad when he died, which is pretty rare for a Friday 13th victim.

>Led Jason into the woods to get him away from the kids
>Tackled him when he went after his daughter

I liked the frozen face kill desu, one of the most memorable kills in the franchise because it was a good one in such a shit movie

II should move up a spot.

>If you were me which one would you watch next?

I would watch them in order. Parts 1-8 are like a serial, with each one picking up where the last one left off with tight continuity.

After that, go Freddy's Dead > Jason Goes to Hell > Freddy vs. Jason

You can watch Jason X last if you want, but it's more a parody gag movie and not something I'd consider "canon" if you give a shit about that sort of thing.

So Jason is the protagonist???
Do people root for him to keep on killing? Or root for him to finally die?

they root for him for all the movie minus the ending when they want him dead but not destroyed so he can come back to kill in the next

I think in any slasher movie, the audience roots for the slasher because they want to see people get hacked up. Otherwise, why watch a slasher movie?

No candybar for you.

I think that you root for the slasher with the exception of when he's trying to kill the few characters you can actually like.
You can go from YES YES KILL HIM to NOOO GET OUT OF THERE scene to scene

I forgot who it was but they said that Jason isn't so much undead but that he refuses to die. That's pretty cool.

I rooted for Deejay to find the crapper so he didn't succumb to those damn enchiladas