WONDER WOMAN IS DOING GOO-

it's over

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>top 13 highest grossing of all time
>with a female lead

triggered white male marvelcucks will be butthurt about this

You do realize inflation is a thing right? Iron Man would have a $122 million opening when adjusted

>Spider Man 3
>Spider Man

Did Spider Man 2 not have a good opening week? I mean they got Amazing Spiderman 2 but thats a different one

> DC's third most popular character barely beat the unadjusted box office grosses for films starring c-list characters or films nearly a decade older than it.
Why is this an accomplishment?

>better than spider-man, iron man, captain america (winter soldier was btfo too) and gotg
>smaller budget than all those
>15M more than logan
M-Marvel will recover from t-this, you'll see!

Took four tries to make a decent movie and now they don't know how to behave. Kind of embarrassing.

>DC's third most popular character
The Flash movie finally came out?

88m according to Box Office Mojo. It also made the least of the three

How in tarnation did Iron Man 3 have such a huge opening after the steaming pile of shit that was Iron Man 2? Was it just all Avengers hype?

Isn't that pretty good for a first-film capeshit?

Most of the movies above it are sequels to movies people are already invested in.

The only movies that aren't sequels on that list that actually beat it are The Dark Knight, Deadpool, Man of Steel and Spider-man.

And it's beating Iron Man, Guardians, Thor, Cap. America, Catwoman and Elektra.

By that comparison it's actually doing better than average.

Or is this not how we're willing to look at this?

Starfire movie when?

first superhero movie after the avengers

>no guardians vol.2 on the list eventhough it made $145 mil on its opening week

David Ayer is the only director unafraid to portray sluts as sluts. Maybe after Gotham City Sirens he'll go nuts with the Teen Titans.

pretty sure that list is extremely missing in movies just to make Wonder Woman not look as bad as it really is

>Winter Soldier budget $170M
>opening weekend $95,023,721

>Wonder Woman budget $149M
>opening weekend $103,251,471

It's BTFOing flagship sequels too lads, it's over Marvel.

DO AN INFLATION ADJUSTED CHART

BUMPS IT DOWN THE LIST AND MAKES ALL PRE 2017 BARS EVEN BIGGER

WHO IS THIS SEMEN DEMEN

That's a damn shame

I always felt Spiderman 2 was the best

I also feel it's still the best unless Homecoming beats it

Which it's on course to, I like the new Peter Parker

It's a refreshing take. While all the other heroes are seasoned and experienced he's a dumb kid with amazing powers and a huge fanboy for the other heroes

Give me a few, any other movies you want to add to the list?

Doctor Strange and Logan

not that user, but I agree. Spiderman 2 is the best of the trilogy.

How bad is Elektra?

Superman the Movie and Batman (1989)

Spiderman 2 is just as bad as Spiderman 3 and I'll never understand this retarded meme that it's actually good, let alone "the best",

Spider-man 1 by Raimi is the only good Spidey film ever made.

>a gal gadot movie is receiving more praise and making more money than Cap 2 and Logan
Dankest timeline

>retarded meme that it's actually good

end yourself

Femewanking. It's a good movie, but it's being hailed as a revolutionary film and total runaway Blockbuster. Neither is true. It's good and it's performing pretty well for this time of year, not great, not revolutionary, but pretty well.

>a gal gadot movie is receiving more praise and making more money than Cap 2 and Logan
Well one of those actors is just as untalented as Gal Gadot and nobody knew who any of these people were before capeshit.

Spider-man 2 was the only Spiderman movie where Peter really learned what "with great power comes great responsibility" really means. Other ones hes just an idiot kid with spider powers

youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

76/100 it's not revolutionary tier though. It's enjoyable and good by capeshit standards but that's it, basically like Iron Man or the first GotG

>this nigga doesn't know batman or superman.

Fuck off cunt.

Trying to push a narrative. The previous female led films were bad/flops and their male counterparts are more bankable/recognizable. Also, comic books is a male dominated medium. Not really a mystery why there hasn't been as many female solo films. So a decent female led flick comes along and it's being grossly overhyped.

Threw in SM3 and DD for comparison along with what others mentioned. Adjusting for inflation, it made less than Iron Man, and IM didn't have a single bump going for it like Wondy has

Wonder Woman might be their third most "iconic" character, but I really doubt it's DC's third most popular character

I guess the only reason Superman ranks so low is because that was the time before opening weekends became so important. It's the second highest grossing film of 1978 (behind Grease). I think Batman (1989) was the first film to introduce the hype train we recognize today.

Sup Forums is getting really desperate.

It also opened on 508 screens as opposed to the 4000+ most open up to nowadays. For what it's worth, it ended up with $300,218,018 worldwide, which adjusting for 2017 bux is $1,125,928,077.20

I'm mostly just surprised Spider-man 3 did so well considering it's often considered complete shit, and usually blamed for why they went with a reboot

There was a lot of hype going in. A LOT of hype. I remember my theatre was so packed people were sitting on the steps just to be able to watch it. Spider-Man 2 bought a lot of goodwill

It coasted on the goodwill of its predecessors. Similar to TDKR.

Wouldn't get away with a sensual female character like that in these days and times.

>It coasted on the goodwill of its predecessors. Similar to TDKR.

>Inception
>$825.5 million
>Interstellar
>$675.1 million

Did people just watch those movies because of The Dark Knight or because they wanted to see another Christopher Nolan movie?

>tfw your movie was so bad that people forget about it like they forget playing cave explorer with their uncle

Should be noted that one of the main reasons for the anti DC bias comes from the comics, especially slutfire and that batgirl variant with the joker about to rape her. All the goodwill they have won with SJWs with this movie will go away if Ayer does a R-Rated Sirens movie with slut Ivy and slut Harley lezzing it up

doesnt matter the statistics, these are feminists, they only care about the narrative

they want to push how GOOD it is for a female lead

doesnt matter how bad a film

It really seems like it's a waste to use cyborg for the Justice League instead of a Teen Titans movie. If they really needed the token black guy John Stewart would have been a lot more efficient since I doubt they want to make a green lantern movie any time soon after the last one anyway, and I feel like it would be a lot easier to use a character like that to lead into the giant purple space man villain

It's funny, 'cause it sounds exactly what you're doing, only to push how BAD it is for a female lead.

The 05 FF movie made 56m over the weekend, so about what Daredevil made a few years before that. And the shitty Trank one from a few years back still managed to make more money than Catwoman and Elektra, even when the two of them are adjusted for inflation

>Amazing Spider-Man
>Amazing Spider-Man 2
>Spider-Man
>Spider-Man 3
why didn't they include Spider-Man 2?

Starfire caused that much of controversy? Sexualizing a few side characters is not a blanket statement on what all females should be.

And I wouldn't the homosexual representation and expression of "healthy" female sexuality be considered a good thing by the sjws? Empowerment and all that jazz.

It's not empowerment if white males enjoy watching it user. See Ghostbusters

>All the goodwill they have won with SJWs with this movie will go away if Ayer does a R-Rated Sirens movie with slut Ivy and slut Harley lezzing it up
SJW crybabies should stick to Wonder Woman and Batgirl. Let the rest of us have our sluts.

They got mad over her reboot costume

Did they somehow miss her original attire?

>dini makes based harley a dumb slut for all humanity to enjoy
>timm makes that batbabs NTR bullshit everyone hates
WB don't fuck it up you know who you have to call for the DCEU

>SJWs
>reading comics
They only noticed it cause the reboot had press surrounding it. Otherwise no one bats an eye to this type of shit

Didn't kno TDKR was that far up there.

Well yeah
>Batman
>Robin
>other Robin
doesn't exactly make for an exciting expanded universe.

That's a big opening weekend

Yeah, I'm not sure why they felt the need to shoehorn Cyborg into the Justice League when he is a Teen Titans guy and the JL already had a fine token black guy with Jon Stewart.

At the very least, I'm hoping the Cyborg solo, if it happens, gets retooled as a TT movie.

Elektra 32 million$ kololololololololololololololololololol

SJW actually enjoy sluts. They are empowering.

>the first Thor and Captain America did that badly yet still got sequels

Really piques the percolator.

who's watching all these shit movies?

>Dogshit Iron Man 3 on 4th place
I understand the rest movies there but this is just baffling.

Especially given how bad IM2 was.

It came after Avengers, why wouldn't it have made a killing?

TDK is a sequel

First movie after Avengers, they do good although there are diminishing returns. GotG did worse than IM3 and Doctor Strange did worse than GotG. Also Civil War did worse than Avengers 2 which did worse than Avengers 1.

All RDJ movies make money. that's why they included him in Spiderman 2 and made Civil War

>best of the trilogy
>made the least of them all

Damn shame.

>one of the most recognizable super hero figures in existence in a time where pro women politics dominates Hollywood during the comic movie craze of the last decade and still going strong.

Hmm not that impressive I guess.

Even better. The point is that it's really not doing badly.

It's not doing badly, but it's also not the success they're trying to hype it up as. It's not really an unknown property, it's spinning out of BvS which still made a killing at the box office. Whenever Homecoming comes out, we'll be having the same comparison since the previous ones made less, but this Homecoming is spinning out of CW which also made a killing at the box office

>female lead
>literal who actress
>competing with formerly billion making franchise Pirates
>150m budget, little marketing
>still BTFO Captain America 2, Doctor Strange and GotG all with bigger budgets less competition and orders of magnitude more marketing
What's your point again OP?

?

and how did pirates of the caribbean 4 make $1 billion at the box office?

fucking insane

Opening weekend. 88m was the US opening weekend, 783.8m was the final worldwide box office

It's funny how everyone keeps saying BvS bombed just because it didn't make 200 million more to bypass 1 billion

Why do normies love superhero movies so much? No one i knew growing up ever read comics

>the size of that list of capeshit

It was supposed to do titanic numbers considering the heroes
Not even the shit posters here said it would make less 1 billion

cartoons

Man if you never got into comic books you're missing out. It's an american tradition. Such great artwork and stories bro. I got rid of a lot of mine but I owned thousands over the years.

>It's an american tradition.
No it isn't.

People only knew her from the cartoon.

>No it isn't.
Yes it is. Over 130,000+ people go just to comic con every year let alone the 100 other comic book conventions in the states. The first Comic Book was American and it's been a 75 year old tradition since then. My grand father collected, my dad collected, I collected. It's a half a billion dollar a year industry and it's as american as apple pie.

>Over 130,000+ people go just to comic con every year
For movies and television you disingenuous retard. People haven't been buying many comics for a very long time. Especially not capeshit comics.

For Jews.

Because The Dark Knight (and later Iron Man) was so good they had to take notice, then the marketing machine went into overdrive. Now they love super hero movies.

>comics are dead
Been hearing that for 30 years, but the industry is still alive and well. If you haven't noticed it's taking over the major motion picture industry for a reason. Comic con has always been big, not just since the movies. I think you're an imbecile who doesn't get out of his house very much.

>No one i knew growing up ever read comics
we call that in the logic world anecdotal