You now realize that Saving Private Ryan is 20 years old

You now realize that Saving Private Ryan is 20 years old

And today is the aniversary of the D-Day itself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My gramps landed at Utah. While the defense wasn't as heavy as Omaha it was still pretty thick. He told me the first wave advanced about 5 yards every 45min-1 hr. They landed in the early morning and it was the late evening before they were close enough to the Germans to even return fire. 17 years on, waiting in some hole you dug in the sand wondering when and where a bullet was gonna hit you

did he died

of old age, yes

f

f

holy shit im old

It came out in '98, but close enough.

im younger than the move lol

private ryan came out in 1998 you pleb. it's only 19.

Threadly reminder that SPR dehumanizes the German people:

youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc

the germans dehumanized themselves when they wiped out 6 million people by burning, gassing, and experimenting on them you butthurt eurotrash bitch

Calm down Samuel.

sorry I just hate pretentious twats who haven't seen a 1/1000th of the fucking carnage the guys to fought those fuckers saw and wanna masturbate on a pedestal about a fucking movie "dehumanizing" a people. Fuck you. Go back to tumblr faggot.

No but really, chill out.

the longest day is better

What does the "carnage the guys to fought those fuckers saw" have to do with SPR dehumanizing Germans? They're not mutually inclusive.

>I heard two clicks
I cry every time.

Cry more faggot

t. dumbass suburbia normie trying to understand war

when you're trying to kill a guy before he kills you, you can't be thinking about him as human. It just doesn't work that way and that's exactly how the military trains soldiers. The remorse in war comes from the guys fighting along side you dying, not the fuckers on the other trench. SPR wanted the audience to feel as close to being a soldier on the front lines in France as possible. Giuess what, you don't do the shit those guys had to do and look at the other guys as being the same as you

edgy.

t. dumbass suburbia normie

good goy

You know realise that pic related is better.

>when you're trying to kill a guy before he kills you, you can't be thinking about him as human
Yep.
> It just doesn't work that way and that's exactly how the military trains soldiers
Still with you.
> The remorse in war comes from the guys fighting along side you dying, not the fuckers on the other trench
Mhm.
>SPR wanted the audience to feel as close to being a soldier on the front lines in France as possible. Giuess what, you don't do the shit those guys had to do and look at the other guys as being the same as you
And they succeeded. You have told me absolutely nothing I didn't already know. Congratulations. Doesn't change the fact that it is disgusting to not see any sympathy for the German people in SPR. Did you know Steamboat Willie prays to god when he believes they're going to shoot him? The same god the Christians in America pray to?

I'm guessing most people here had relatives in this war.

Post stats.

Grandpa commander of some battleship, confirmed 57 kills and 14 buildings destroyed. Don't worry /tpol/ they were all Japanese.

Oh I see, you're upset that a war movie was too real? Haha well don't worry, you're safe from all the hard realities of the world behind your computer screen you little faggot

f

It wasn't real enough, my man.

Today is the new D-Day

nuke that fucking thing from orbit

Anytime someone says "nuke this or that country/thing/person" it just reminds me of a scrawny lispy faggot Roomate I had who always talks in hyperbole.
Speaking in hyperbole means that what you say holds no meaning.

>it is disgusting to not see any sympathy for the German people
I'm terribly sorry they started a war of conquest in europe and got their shit pushed in.

what you are doing is called "anecdotal evidence" you spew this in defense to fluff up your rants on being offended

Don't know much about my great grandfather. He was in the war, my dad mounted all his patches in a frame.
He had captains bars and an armored division patch. Also has some rising sun flag with a bunch of nip writing and a katana.
I have no idea on the specifics.

The point of the video is to demonstrate that Saving Private Ryan is not an Anti-War film but a cleverly crafted pro-war film by humanising the Americans and dehumanising the Germans by removing their expression of suffering on the Battlefield. Essentially the futility of war is only shown through the suffering of Americans.