Turkey Nuke FUD

The PAL or Permissive Action Link is a device used on all nuclear warheads build by the United Sates. You need it to turn the nuke on, but you need to know how to use it. Here is a quote about the project.

>Bypassinag a PAL should be, as one weapons designer graphically put it, about as complex as performing a tonsillectomy while entering the patient from the wrong end.
cs.columbia.edu/~smb/nsam-160/pal.html

Pic is a PAL key. To make a system bypassing it would take longer than making your own nuke. Sure you can recover the nuclear material from it but that is only a tiny portion of what makes a weapon of mass destruction.

This is the reason why any talk related to the nukes stored at the base in Turkey being used is absolutely pants on head retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/launch-code-for-us-nukes-was-00000000-for-20-years/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permissive_Action_Link
youtube.com/watch?v=z7iX7R5PNJo
youtube.com/watch?v=lN4TLVgoVYA
youtube.com/watch?v=HWZXinRwCaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it looks like a teared down toast machine

inb4 someone posts the launch codes

>This is the reason why any talk related to the nukes stored at the base in Turkey being used is absolutely pants on head retarded.
Welcome to Nu/pol/

>Find the guy who can crack the PAL
>Torture him into unlocking it

There is more than one part to it chief.

On an old ass B-61 all you need to do is hook up a variac to the BWD circuit and turn the knob until boom

>implying you can't just take the warheads and attach them to your own missiles that you know how to launch

That would be the guy with the suitcase cuffed to his wrist that stands next to the president. Its called the nuclear football.

Someones played too much mgs2.

>a machine so retarded that only an american can operate it

If you can't detonate the warheads, all they are is a dirty bomb, and not a very powerful one.

t. PhotonicInduction

Who's to say Turkey don't have said launch codes?
I mean, 33000 emails were leaked....
Comey said its very likely whoever got the emails would have top classified information.
Who's to say it wasnt Turkeys cyber force that got into the leak and got access to the codes?

Your arguement still doesnt answer the fact the US feds or news agencies are NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE FACT 1500 AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE EFFECTIVLY ENDURING SIEGE ON TURKISH SOIL.

Do you not think the families of the 1500 service men and women want to know what the fuck is going on?

>Launch codes
>Being sent over e-mail
You are a fucking idiot

They still don't have power?

It's real, learn to google.

that's not how it works
that's not how any of this works
>canadianposting

Baited, nigger.

The launch codes were 00000000 for like 40 years

Would it really be that surprising?

Could this man decide to launch all the nukes while Obama is asleep or something?

>Baited, nigger.
civil discourse wins again

The launch codes are random and they're disguised in a wall of text printed on a piece of paper that only obama has access to, he memorized the line and the column at which the code begins and he knows the length, he can use it to activate nukes remotely, though I don't know how that works or how safe it is. This is what I read a while back on here, it might be different now though.

As-salaamu alaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu, Sup Forums.

I hope you're all doing well.

Just wanted to leave a reminder, that the gates of repentance, the gates of Jannah are open.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala lead you to the right path and let the flower of iman grow in your hearts.

Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: When the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, began his prayer, he would exalt Allah and then say, “Verily, my prayer, my rites, my life, and my death are for Allah the Lord of the worlds. He has no partner and with this I have been commanded and I am among the Muslims. O Allah, guide me to the best deeds and the best character, for no one guides to the best of them but you, and protect me from evil deeds and evil character, for no one protects from them but you.”

Nope. Still need presidential authorization, and there are so many safeguards.

No, he would have to identify himself as the president via a code that only the president has. Even if he got that code, before anything went along he would need this guy to agree with him that nuclear action is necessary.

And then all the men at the keys and buttons would have to decide whether they really want to go through with it.

>mfw we have magic nukes that only the owner can use but that type of technology is completely incapable of working in anything else it is applied to from cars to guns

No one person knows the complete method to arm the nuclear device. Also, the people do not know who the others are. Furthermore, some people are given incorrect segments of the code sequence. The orders to arm the device are sent by coded instruction to the people who have the correct portions of the code, but the person who sends the coded message neither knows who the message is being sent to nor what the nature of the coded message is. You would need to first discover which people have a portion of the code, then you need to know which has the correct portion of the code sequence, and then you need to know which order their portion belongs in.

In other words, it's safe to say there will never be a stolen nuke nor a detonation of a stolen nuke.

The person they choose for the spot is real special. You just dont let a normal man keep the keys to the system that can annihilate civilization as we know it. I wont even try to guess how the device works and if it only lets the president use it. You just need the right man.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/launch-code-for-us-nukes-was-00000000-for-20-years/

I'm just leaving this here.

Turkey

Ankara - Nato Early Warning Station
Ankara - USA Echelon station
Ankara - Nuclear Bomb depot of USAF
Ankara - Emergency landing base for Space Shuttle
>Black sea coasts
Amasra - Nato Early warning Station
Bartın - Nato Early warning Station
Sinop - Nato Early warning Station
Samsun - Nato Early warning Station
Merzifon - Nato Early warning Station
Sivas - Nato radio station
Rize - Nato Early warning Station, Radio station
Kargapazarı - Nato Early warning Station, Radio station
>Southeastern part
Diyarbakır - Nato Early warning Station
Mardin - Nato Early warning Station
Pirinçlik - Radar & Echelon base
Silopi - Nato Early warning Station
Adana - USAF Airbase/Turkish Air Refuelling command
>Western part of Turkey
Kocaeli - Nuclear Bomb depot of USAF
Eskişehir - Nuclear Bomb depot of USAF
İzmir - Southwest Nato headquartes, Navy base
Çanakkale - Nato Early warning Station
Lüleburgaz - Nato Early warning Station, Nuclear bomb depot of USAF
Balıkesir - Nuclear bomb depot of USAF

>lailahaillaallah
sounds like something my grandma would be humming while grilling sausages tbqh.

>the best deeds and the best character
You're Barbarians that just run around raping and murdering, just as your religion has both done and encouraged for the last 1400 years

Yea you can believe a tech blog on the internet that bases its income by clicks. Perhaps that is why you are a non-country.

They can't even get a simple crypto library to properly work (OpenSSL) and you expect them to design an 'impenetrable' device because a guy who sells them this device says so?

We don't even have a USB hardware encrypted device that hasn't been exploited. Zero. None.

I would not trust the security of anything especially military equipment farmed out to the lowest bidder or through crony contracts. I also would be more worried about Pakistan nuclear weapons falling into terrorist hands than Turkey, Pak's do not use PALs.

Also, from wikipedia PAL article:
>In 2007, the UK Government revealed that its nuclear weapons were not equipped with Permissive Action Links. Instead, the UK's nuclear bombs to be dropped by aircraft were armed by just inserting a key into a simple lock similar to those used to protect bicycles from theft.

For the Minuteman ICBM force, the US Air Force's Strategic Air Command worried that in times of need the codes would not be available, so they quietly decided to set them to 00000000. The missile launch checklists included an item confirming this combination until 1977.[7]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permissive_Action_Link

All nukes have override codes available to the base commander in the event the chain of command is taken out

Eh? What is that? Unless you have something that is attached to a FOIA request can you please go back to toking on your bong.

Just deactivate the atoms

THE LALILULEILO?!

this

Nukes are some of the most sophisticated machines in the planet and we've spent trillions of dollars developing them, you fucking idiot.

there are three keycards that you'll need to bypass PAL.

hahah I just replayed this a few months back.

Not everything has the priority/budget of a goddamn nuke system.

>Nukes are some of the most sophisticated machines in the planet
Thiis was true 50 years ago

xxxqwertywtfbbqxxx

Aren't nuclear warheads just an enriched core of fissile material surrounded by shaped charges?

>12345
That sounds like the kind of combination an idiot would have on their luggage.

>US Coast Guard.

A FUCKING PUDDLE PIRATE HAS THE FOOTBALL?!?!?

Go eat some pork it will raise your IQ.

It actually rotates through all the branches of the military.

So...The United States...can shut down...the atoms?

>Do you not think the families of the 1500 service men and women want to know what the fuck is going on?

>He actually thinks we care about them!!

Well, you are right that you are retarded.

The highest cost in technology and time is the production of fissionable and fusionable material.

The trigger to an H bomb is an A bomb. And it is a matter of a days worth of work to produce a trigger for that. You can buy the ignighters on Ebay! even C4 is powerful enough. You can program an Arduino to fire them spherically.

PAL is not open source; you have no idea if it is truly unhackable.

But just the thought that the USA wouldn't nuke Ankara to stop them from stealing nuclear weapons is retarded. The very idea that any nuclear power would be so irresponsible with its nuclear arsenal and wouldn't do anything necessary to protect them flies in the face of reality.
Don't doubt it!

What's stopping them from just opening the nuke up and wiring their own detonator?

>football
it's soccer mate

nice suitcase ahmed

Coasties ain't military except in time of war. A DHS service should not be in charge of the Football, ever.

If we ever need nukes, we can build our own in a short span of time.

US is aware of that. Even Hillary sent a message to American Embassy in Ankara to revert any idea of Turks to build the A-Bomb. (Thanks wikileaks!), because Turkey was clear that if Iran has the bomb, Turkey has to have it too.

We don't need your shit retards.

Take your device and go back to your own continent. nobody wants you here.

It's literally two keys and a few switch.

Wow, are american THAT dumb? Really? REALLY? I think there's something they're not understanding in Darwin's theory, how come it's always the dumbest the strongest?

Do they also understand they can just... Take it apart? They understand... Right? Oh why am I even asking, course they must assume it's magically sealed with God's magic...

>If we ever need nukes, we can build our own in a short span of time.

how can someone be this delusional holy shit

4 8 15 16 23 42

*WARNING*
Please stay calm if you wish to not get BTFO
Sup Forums is currently being liberated by the trudea army of reddit
Kek has been defeated, praise Trudeau

NOT ON MY WATCH LEAFNIGGER

just lauch the fucking nikes already!

>nikes
fucking tiny keyboard

>nikes being detonated all over the world
>suddenly, everyone has track suits
>2 billion dead worldwide

>Duck and Cover ineffective

>One must squat to survive.

>nikes str8 from the air force

YANKEE WHITE
A
N
K
E
E

W
H
I
T
E

>the only survivors are squatting all the time because of radiation

Hmmmm....I wonder if they would have thought of that....

You should do some more research on PAL and the other technology that makes up "Always but Never" so you don't sound like a dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7iX7R5PNJo
youtube.com/watch?v=lN4TLVgoVYA

RoachieToastie5000 ACTIVATE

It has an anti tamper system that'll trigger a misfire if you try to fuck with it.

>in other news, vodka production and consumption have broken through last year's record highs.

"lauching the Nikes!"

yeah but isn't detonation kind of the end goal of tampering with it?

Password123

ur a fag

>MISFIRE
As in, it only partially detonates in a way that doesn't trigger a nuclear reaction, destroying the weapon.

That Cutler-Hammer MS25125 locking toggle switch. :drool:

>durr hurr i'm on pretending to be retarded!

If its so hard then why did snake have problems activating it?

You just need a room temp then to freeze/heat the key and it goes active!

So much for your bias OP.

oooh, now I get it MIS-fire, kind of similar to a MIS-carriage such as you are

nigger

>If Iran has the bomb

Well they've been two weeks away from building nuclear weapons for the last 34 years.

True, but it could be opened up and the plutonium used for a dirty bomb

read some Dawkins

>literally two keys and a few switch.

I mean, you would expect some biometric scan where only the president and top general are authorized but, whatever, God bless.

Why does anyone even still carry nukes? who the fuck is going to want to nuke anyone else? a nuclear wasteland of a planet isn't useful to anyone

can't they manually explode it by moving Part A into Part B and cause detonation?

Who underground ICBM launch /comfy/?

youtube.com/watch?v=HWZXinRwCaE

The key to the most dangerous device is just written on a piece of paper. Uwot mate

>trust me guys, we could be a super power if we wanted to

go suck erdogan's roach penis.

Why are Turks always to delusional about how powerful they are

Authorization for the use of the weapons comes from the president. Thats the "authorization" in permissive authorization link. He grants auth. Does it matter who triggers it if they have auth.

RIDF shill Jewtin shekels does he pay you to suck his tiny cock?