Are there any smart mystery shows that aren't completely disappointing?

Are there any smart mystery shows that aren't completely disappointing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1gv-QmX4h8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give Luther a shot.

fpbp

aight, cheers

pic unrelated

Endeavor is amazing. I know how stupid this sounds, but it actually might be too smart. I have to work hard to understand what the fuck is going on in some episodes so watching it feels like work.

overrated superhero shit

Columbo

Psych, although people here will probably tell you it's reddit tier normie bait.

It's like Sherlock. If Sherlock was a house wife and Watson was a hardass detective. Also they do real police work.

>tfw as a child when Columbo was on the telly I'd never know when it was on so I'd always miss the beginning and have no idea who the killer is

The Shadow Line.

Came out on BBC around 10 years ago. Only had 1 season. Fucking brilliant crime drama/thriller. Not easy to find though, torrents will be rare.

Twin Peaks 2017

That ending was depressing.

>it's a John assaults or kills some stranger because he's the actual sociopath episode
It's Britain, how does he even have a gun?

Elementary

Can't beat cute Korean girls solving crime.

Great twist though. I don't think anybody saw that coming. I know I didn't.

Anyway. lets not spoil it.

>cute

Luther isn't smart. It's merely average.

>cutw
Looks like Scooby-Doo with Velmas only.

The show can be clever, but I'm not sure I'd ever call it "smart." I absolutely love it though.

I'll second this, even though I stopped watching at season 3

Lucy Liu still looks amazing for her age.

youtu.be/1gv-QmX4h8k

That is a way you can describe it.

I really like that they didn't make it a will they or wont they.

State of Play (TV)
Twin Peaks
Legion

Prime Suspect is the perfect grannykino.

Poirot
Twin Peaks
True detective

Is that Brenny?

Hannibal was pretty good if you're into artsy fartsy stuff.
True Detective had an incredible atmosphere and buildup, but most people on Sup Forums found the ending to be weak, I think it's pretty good though.

Luther sucked hard I've never dropped a show so quick

Kolchak movies and tv show

Who?

It's Chris Ecclestone, the guy from 12 years a slave, and another dude. It had dozens of UK actors in it. Rafe Spall was in it, can't remember the rest.

Did they?

No the show goes out of it's way not to get the two romantically involved.

You gay, son?

Is it in english or subbed?

subbed

I have hated Martin Freeman's faggot face ever since the moment I first saw him

One is obviously homosexual/asexual?

Nope Sherlock fucks a bunch of women and Watson only dates men.

underrated

Columbo isn't really 'smart' as sometimes it makes huge leaps, and that's even in earlier seasons when they should have better ideas. You can overlook that though because it really is great.

The Killing season 3

Doesn't seem too "out of it's way" to me but hey, I don't really like the show, I just ask out of curiosity.
I can't stand Lucy acting the same as in Lucky Number Slevin, wich actually is pretty much how Lucy acs in every movie. Also didn't like the drugaddict Sherlock. Yes, I know he was one in the book, but this "modern take on Sherlock's addiction!" felt like a dumbed down House. This show aired a few months after House ended and I hate it for it.

Also, for OP, I enjoyed the movie Vidocq, but may not be the kind of clever you are looking for.

Why season 3 in particular? The Killing is pretty good overall

I recommend Il Commissario Montalbano (Luca Zingaretti is great, I also recommend the spin-off about a young Montalbano), Maigret (played by Bruno Cremer), Poirot (played by David Suchet) and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett played a great Holmes).

Can't speak for that guy, but I thought The Killing's first season was garbage. The most frustrating season finale I've ever witnessed. I'm surprised to read later seasons are any good.

They go out of their way to spell it out in season 4 i think.

>a dumbed down House
You do know House and Wilson are supposed to be Holmes and Watson right? You're practically criticizing the fact that 2 materials from the same source being too similar.

No he's criticizing the fact that both have the same source material only elementary adapted it worse