We often ask wich kind of hero we would be

which kind of powers we would get, if we would have a not killing policy or not...

BUT I ASK YOU: Which kind of villain would you be?

Would you act for money? Crawl for power? Driven by your hate for the world? Would you use cosmic powers or just your wits? Would you destroy the world or conquer it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fabricadeherois.com/p/fabrica-de-herois-2011.html.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd mainly use money and wit. My plan would be to purchase a major comic book distributor and fill the comics with my proggressivist agenda.

Money to live comfortably and maybe ADVENTURE!
Would be fun for sure

I would like to get time control powers, with them i would steal everything i want. Maybe go to Syria and pull some safety pins from grenades for some keks.

I'd be the kind of villain nobody hears about, ever. I'd keep my crime hidden, seemingly small and unimportant. I'd live in moderate luxury and just enjoy life.
What would I do with world domination? Boring, too much work.

I'd be a dick for the sake of being a dick. No tragic backstory or ulterior motive. I'd be the fun kind of villain who'd make peoples lives hell

I'd be the kind of villain who's so bad at what he's doing he becomes the universe's greatest hero.

Straight to Doom. Find a small, vulnerable nation take over. Expand my power and resources by abusing my authority but not in a Mugabe way. Like actualy productive shit instead of just tanking the economy to create corruption and dependency.

I'd probably seek to grab a few more small places before I go for the global conquest thing. I've been around and I can tell you there is no shortage of the weak and willing.
As an aside while I respect Doom respecting his roots I definitely think I'd go for a uniform look to my rule. Everyone's getting evil costumes, everyone. Kids, adults, grandma and grandpa. The houses and schools are all getting redesigned. Utensils. Everything.

I'm not talking that little league fashionable Nazi stuff either, I'm talking full on skulls, spikes, chains. REAL skulls too.

Skitter tier for sure, anti-villains best villains.

I don't know about powers but my motivation would probably be me thinking I was doing the right thing in the end for the world. I get really frustrated at all the class bullshit that goes on in our society, so I'd be assassinating the wealthy one by one, starting from richest man on earth down or ruining their lives by exposing corruption.
And no I don't believe in the Illuminatti before you ask or only. They died out in 1700's Belgium.

what's an anti-villain?

I always thought I'd do what you want to do, but to be honest with myself, I don't think I want to be burdened with ruling the world; I simply seek the thrill of conquering it. Fun is pretty much my only real motivator for evil, as much as my idols in villainy are the severe, no-nonsense types like Doom, Slade, and what have you.

Good thing this is metaphorical. Hopefully that never happens...

Think Taskmaster as opposed to Deadpool.

>Skitter-tier
Coil did nothing wrong

Friendly reminder that Lung is objectively the GOAT Brockton Bay villain.

Just because he's a big guy doesn't mean he's the best.

wait, what? I get the idea of an anti-hero, but I still don't get what an anti-villain is

It's just the reverse of an anti-hero, user. It's a villain who consistently blurs the line, but is still a villain.

You are simply not being truthful with yourself, or with us.

I'd probably be like the Rogues. Taking over the world seems like a lot of work, and I don't really want to hurt anyone, but money is nice.

Test

Okay, I feel retarded now

Kinda tought for me. If I go ego maniac route I can reunite Ireland under my Peaceful Tyranny. But Britain would come after me.

I secure all northern minority rights ofcourse. Kill all sides of paramilitarism, sweep up Dublin crime gangs.

Hold out I suppose.

You know, you're right.

It's Tattletale. .

I don't really want to hurt anyone, either, I just really want a cool costume and a cool lair to be theatrical and clever in, with some fun nonsense to pull off and shock the world with. But the image of being someone who wants to take over the world is essential to that. It wouldn't be the same if I settled for being a bank robber with exceptional style.

Nah. I would just be a huge prick.
Like asking a complicated dish of there's a lot of people behind me in the line or paying in cents really expensive stuff in the supermarket line
And nobody could do anything because I have superpowers and technically isn't ilegal what i'm doing.

I feel like there's a really good word for petty contrivances like that and the noun would serve as your name.

See I'd probably try that but after like the fifth time of having to break out of jail I'd basically go full Zoom and just dedicate my life to fucking over my rival

It really depends on if I had powers or not. If not I'd probably just do organized crimes but with some odd gimmick and a costume. If I had powers I'd he the pettiest motherfucker on earth. I'd find one guy and fuck with him by doing stupid shit like taking parts out of his car so it won't run, turn off his fridge so everything spoils, or leave flaming bags of dog shit. I would let him know it was me doing it so when he tells people no one will believe him.

This impulse is an important part of villainy.

What if your rival was really hot, though? How would that affect things?

Are there any good hero/villain romantic/sexual relationships out there? I don't just mean something like Batman and Catwoman, I'm more looking for someone who fits the arch-villain mold having a thing for their nemesis, which may or may not be reciprocated.

The Bilderberg Group rule the world these days.

Go away Zoom

Well if they were hot the only thing that would change is I'd have more pictures of them on my nemesis wall.

If i dedicate myself to destroying the cancerous little shits who are slowly un-weaving the fabric of society does that count as villainous? You know, start by killing Hillary Bernie and Trump, hunting down and brutally murdering SJW's and hardcore racist Sup Forums sons a bitches. Probably hit the cultists and the fedora tippers next. Basically just carve out everything i think is detrimental to society. Sufficiently villainous? I mean i don't want to just go stealing shit, and i have no interest in murdering random people or trying to take over the world, but there are a lot of people i think the world would be better off without, and purging the world of degenerates is probably more of a villain thing than a hero one.

And your name would be edge lord

I would be a really bad villain. Like, sure I'd rob the world for all its gold, or topple the UK,maybe conquer a slice of the world for myself, but I would feel terrible thinking about the effects of my actions. In reality I would probably NEVER use my powers out of fear of what people would think. I'm incredibly self conscious. Like, self conciousness is to me what Flash is to goes fast

You are the Earthly vassal of the Spaghettiforce, and if you can tap into that power directly, you would be unstoppable.

What if every awkward and embarrassing moment in my life was orchestrated by another? That time I started to stammer and sweat when i asked that girl out to dinner? What if that was some diabolical super Bro?

And i'm A okay with that. Lets be honest, plenty of characters have shitty names.

Joker style

Go to bed, Light Yagami.

Those moments are orchestrated by your own self, subconsciously. Overpower your weaknesses with force of will.

I'd be a Captain Cold type I feel, if I were to be a villain. I'm loyal as hell, I have a code of honor, and I wouldn't be ok with killing people I'm robbing.

Probably because my superpowers have driven me completely insane.

I've just got too much of a moralfag code ingrained in me to be an outright villain or bring myself to hurt people as I am now.

Not until i get carpal tunnel, or my pen runs out of ink, whichever comes first.

Jokes aside, i think villainous crusader is best kind of villain. If they have an ideology, even if that ideology is terrible, it makes them more interesting to me than that guy who just wants a quick buck or is in it for shits and giggles.

I make the entire world spill spaghetti, and conquer it through sheer awkwardness
I am Earths conqueror, Earths protector. I am Awkwardo

Id be the joke villain.
Id go around committing really stupid crimes, like literally stealing candy from a baby, or holding up a Bed Bath and Beyond and building a pillow fort inside.
The heroes just need a relaxing, fun time once and a while. I would be that fun time.

I'm the same way.

It would have to take something pretty severe to make me a bad guy.

I'm less naturally altruistic than I am pathologically desperate for the acceptance and approval of others.

Regardless, I'd rather be a hero.

They're definitely more complex, but I prefer the villains who do it for fun, they tend to be the most stylish and dramatic. The ones who are just in it for money are usually the worst, and excessive greed is a lot more entertaining in an otherwise decent person (Grunkle Stan)

Like Madcap?

>The Funster Struck Again! He held up Six Flags Great Adventure and rode all the rollercoasters, forcing the heroes to,chase him on go karts and ending in a squirt Gun standoff at the log flume. Death tolls stand at 0

I don't know who the character in your image is, so I imagined the joke villain being a qt blue monster woman and I'd join her in her pillow fort.

sure, why not I guess. I have no idea what his schtick is.
Exactly! Everyone needs a good day at work some times
You can join me if you want bby winkwonk

>Most of the villains Gruenwald introduced in Captain America were created to symbolize aspects of contemporary American culture and the world political situation. Gruenwald stated, "Madcap represents purposelessness, the disaffected youth of today who thinks 'What's the reason for doing anything?' The ultimate dropout generation.
Heh, that does sound like a lot of us. I-
>Madcap first appeared in Captain America #307 (July 1985)
Oh, erm...

I'd literally just rob banks. possibly charge my services in cat burgling but nothing more.

In 40 years, when the Association of Super Enhanced Beings have their monthly getogethers. They'll reminisce about your shenanigans, right up until you blew up that elementary school

>Mind control/brainwashing powers

Take over a chain of pacific islands, disappear from the public eye, and run a worldwide drug, prostitution, espionage and assassination ring. Sex tourism and drug use is HUGE with the elite/wealthy and the idea of living as a debauched evil robin hood with mind control powers sounds awesome.

Madcap is the best.

He's a living cartoon with the ability to make everyone else as crazy as he is.

>Sex tourism and drug use is HUGE with the elite/wealthy and the idea of living
I've looked into this and I came out of the experience less of a person than I was before I did my research. I don't recommend looking devils in the eye. You'll flinch.

Frank Castle meets Doomguy, adds a complete disregard for innocents.

RIP AND TEAR

I once created a villain called 'The Fly' who used equipment stolen from other villains to launch a criminal career.

He was captured, arrested, and eventually reformed after falling in love with his court-appointed psychiatrist.

In my defense, those children deserved it.
They were criminals working for this guy

There will be a revolution, and it will be so great and so terrible that their kind will never sin again.

Was he at all fly-themed?

Yes.

I'd commit crimes simply to challenge myself. Also I'd have a code. Keep casualties to around zero and NO killing whatsoever. Oh, and if some big cosmic level threat comes knocking on Earth's door I'd be there to answer.

One can always hope.

Nice, solid look. I never had the patience or the skill to handle those character builders. I can't even create characters in Bethesda games, it's way too much freedom and work. I just choose a pre-set and alter a few details on them.

To each there own. Personally i'll take complexity and ambiguity over style most of the time, but i understand the appeal. What are your thoughts on villains who used to be heroes? Or heroes who turn out to secretly be villains? I swear i'm not trying to bring up cap.

Thanks! I have dozens and dozens of these things.

I'm creating a comic book universe that I hope to write stories in one day.

I'm not an artist in the least bit, though, so that puts a damper on things.

I can post more of my villains, if you'd like?

Nobody really wronged me in my life, and I ain't smart enough to have near foolproof plans... But dammit I'll wing it and try to destroy something. I'll let you know when I do it

I like my evil to be evil and look evil and act evil, but heroes who turn out to secretly be villains are usually the most competent, rational, and successful villains, so they have my respect. Fallen heroes are also very interesting in a different way, it's generally tragic.

I have a friend who was just like you. He's writing scripts for his first season right now. Please do!

Sure thing. I don't have as many as I once did -- my external drive crashed and I lost most of my work. I've been recreating things, but it's slow going and I focus more on my heroes.

The main hero of my setting is called Apex. He debuted in 1939 and disappeared, along with his arch-nemesis, in 1969. The resulting power vacuum shook things up quite a bit and it changed again when they both returned.

This is that nemesis, Doctor Zero, as he appeared in 1939. Very probably the most intelligent man of his or any other era, Zero is indirectly responsible for Apex receiving his powers and loathes him for usurping his destiny.

>1930's-era supervillain
Good, good!

There is a certain beauty in clear cut lines between Good and Evil. I do love watching good triumph, and based on you liking your evil to be evil i'm guessing you like your good to be good, which i do as well. I enjoy reading stuff like that cause its heartwarming and makes me feel good, but when i think of my very favorites, they tend to be the more nuanced characters. Even though i'll read those and come out feeling like shit sometimes, for some reason i love it when the villain has really complex motives and is almost relatable. Maybe i just have problems.

Is there a program you used for these?

Kinda wanted to be that kind of theatrical over the top villain who is a joke most of the time but can do some major damage if he gets serious.

This is Totenkopf, or Death's Head, a Nazi mystic and leader of the Vril Society. He possesses a gauntlet, which he refers to as the Hand of God, that allows him to drain and manipulate life energy. When Berlin fell and the war in Europe was all but over he used his master of mysterious forces to raise everyone killed in the Dresden bombing as mindless undead servants and laid claim to the state of Saxony, which he has renamed Totenstaat.

Yes, you can find it here: fabricadeherois.com/p/fabrica-de-herois-2011.html.

There's a newer version, but so far as I can tell it's not available for free use online.

Mastery*, sorry.

I'm typing more quickly than I should.

You get me. Did you ever watch Lost? Ben Linus is my favorite fictional character, I think you'd like him. He's a very highly nuanced and layered antagonist who considers himself one of the good guys but does enough "evil" to win my favor.

I'm a sucker for a skull head.

Communist villains were all the rage in the 60s and 70s, and my setting has a trio: Hammer, a musclebound bruiser, Sickle, a speedster, and their leader, the mind-controlling Red Menace.

Thanks; I'm glad that you're liking them.

Rogues' style bank robbers with a code to minimize the heat from capes and cops

Very charming concept for the outrageous theme. Have you developed the Red Menace's mind control powers yet? I think that's one of the harder superpowers to write for because in most ways it's OP as hell, but in others, it really isn't very handy and if he had to fight, say, a killer robot, he'd be helpless. You have to find a balance.

I'd be the kind of villian that will do anything to set up my fmaily for life.
I'd either bea really agressive businessman ala luthor and build my empire through ilegal and dangerous ways to keep my family rich and prosperous forever and ever.
Or I'd be the ruthless dicator of a country like queen bee or count vertigo just to set up my heirs in that way.

This is awesome, so much nostalgia.I would love this.

Alright, if I wanted to get into the Rogues, what do I read? Assuming I can find the comics anywhere to begin with.

Low-level crime. Rob banks, stuff like that. Any place I know has an insurance policy that will reimburse them.

This is why I couldn't be a villain. I would be thinking, if I rob this place, they might be shut down for awhile, and now all the people who work there are going to be out of work for that time.

Never saw lost, maybe i'll have to take a look. You read invincible?

I've been meaning to. I have read (Soon I Will Be) Invincible, an unrelated book starring a supervillain.

Same probably.
I'd rob banks, create elaborate hoaxes, but I'd never kill anyone. Just be an all around nuisance.
When I'm not robbing or what have you, I'm a nice guy, maybe even offer to by my hero a drink or two from time to time.

Kruul the Conqueror was exiled from Mangania, a secret city of not-quite-gorillas, for attempting to overthrow their king. After rampaging through Africa for several days he was defeated by Apex, whom he has vowed to destroy.

Red Menace doesn't really have 'mind control.' He's not even telepathic. He's just very persuasive, supernaturally so, and his powers are enhanced by his crown. My 1939 stories are very, very Golden Age. After Red Menace converts Apex's home city to Communism, Apex deduces that it HAS to be mind control because the people of Utopolis are REAL Americans and no REAL American would ever be suckered in by the lies of Communism.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying it. I've been talking about this setting on Sup Forums for a few years now. I had a team of UN-funded heroes called the Peacekeepers that I talked about for a while. I'm calling them the Sentinels now, but it's the same group of characters.

I'd probably try to be the a sword for hire kind of villain, being contracted by other villains to fulfill missions. But probably my anger issues would lead to me to overdose myself with some easy gay to win power fast and would end wrecking things Bane style.

Flash
Barry or Wally

Geoff Johns really likes them though.

Rogue's Revenge and Rogue's Rebellion minis were pretty cool

Intelligent gorillas are a timeless villain staple.

I love that persuasion angle, I've considered something similar.

I'm sorry, Red Menace and his cronies would appear in the 1969 stories, and would be closer to Silver Age in tone than Golden Age. Forgive me.

Scream Queen is an emotional vampire that feeds on the fear of her victims and can conjure up illusions of the things that they're most afraid of.