Semi-casual here

semi-casual here
can anyone explain to me what the fuck this is?

It's a crossover

>Green Lantern/Star Trek
>Batman/TMNT
>Gotham Academy/Lumberjanes
>others before these happened

I'm waiting for the inevitable Batman family/Power Rangers crossover.

I believe it is the cover to the first issue of the series "Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy", by the comic book publisher BOOM! Studios.

demographic reasons aside, is there any lore-based reason why these two comings would crossover?

Lumberjanes is an ultra safe, lesbian kids book. It's sold lots and won awards.

It's notable for being bought mosly by people other than obese stereotypical comic book nerds, so it's of great interest to the industry.

This appears to be an obvious crossover cash in.

Lesbian pandering is the current shoo-in for cynical moneygrabbing.

>I'm waiting for the inevitable Batman family/Power Rangers crossover.
I'd be down for that.

LoSH/Star Trek was pretty good

Why doesn't Marvel do any cross-company crossovers? Are Disney that protective of any of their characters getting used by anyone outside the company?

They did some thing with Attack on Titans but it was awful.

ye but why is that?
DC seems ok to crossover with whoever.

They did some in the past, but with how big they are, it usually doesn't make sense.

The IPs didn't mesh well. It was an obvious grab to get Japanese attention.

Crossovers are very hard an complicated. There's all kinds of crazy paperwork and right issues and stuff. I rember someone tweeting that about Marvel and crossovers.

I guess DC has become more buddy with IDW.

Marvel had to sign a bunch of their rights away when they were broke which complicates any crossovers.

Also, they want to avoid shit like a future ROM situation.

Marvel hates fun

Two schools go on a trip. I see nothing strange here.

Because the current higher-ups at Marvel grew up at a time when the rivalry and shade-tossing between at its fiercest

And since 90% of comic company operations are about recreating what you grew up with, they've redrawn that line in the sand

As such the rivalry mindset makes it difficult for cross-promotion even when the actual creators are friendly and open to such concepts

>safe
you're just as bad

It's a JPG version of the cover to the comic book "Lumberjanes Gotham Academy".

>It was an obvious grab to get Japanese attention.

Not just Japanese. AoT was HUGE when it was announced and presumably being planned, though less so when it came out. I think they were hoping to get some Western shonen manga eyeballs and hope a few of them stuck around.

The Lumberjanes scoutmaster goes missing, as does one of the Gotham Academy professors. The GA kids get lost in the woods and find the LJ kids. They find some clues that lead them to a big creepy lodge with big creepy ghosties and spookiness ensues and that's pretty much it. Standard crossover nonsense.