Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good

Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good.

Evanskids, please get it out of your system at the begining of the thread.

It's actually really bad though.

And everyone knows the user that keeps crying about "evansposters" is really just 1.jpgfag

Pic related my opinion.
Batfleck is so fucking great its worth seeing no matter what other flaws may be present.

I just wanted to know what Superman was going to say at his hearing.

The delusion never stops

>its another dcuck bait thread

How is it delusion when you literally posted a image listing things that rectify problems with the film.

>Snyderfags

Is this the [s4s] embassy thread in Sup Forums?

>Grrl power supermodel wonder woman
>Angry, standoffish superman
>Yet another "batman as post-9/11 american policy" movie
>copy pasted Lex Luthor's name over a bunch of dialogue that would fit better as "representative from Iran" era Joker.
>Alfred is cool
BvS is mediocre at best. Everything about the jar of piss and senate bombing was hamfisted tv-drama level shit. I expect plot contrivances like that from a middle season episode of Lost.

>image.jpg complaining about evansposting
kek

But it was bad.

No it wasn't the tone. It wasn't that it was dark. It wasn't that it had no quips.

It was bland. Every character is the same. Brooding and dark.

>Evanskid
I prefer DC to Marvel. But look at what Marvel did:
Contrary to popular belief the Avengers were B-titles compared to Spider-Man or X-Men. No wonder they sold the rights to those in the '90s.

Marvel Studios have managed to make people care about Cap, or Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and loads of others.

I am not saying their films are the best, they are popcorn schlock. They have bad villains. Meh stories. But do you know why they work? It isn't tone... it is character. People care about Cap. Cap has more dimensions.

What characters are in BvS? What development do they have? The fact is they have zero development. They stand around moping. We know nothing really about them. They don't grow or go anywhere.

Marvel had to make people care about the B-list. DC force the A list out there without telling us who these heroes are anymore. They provide no new interpretation. Just dark tone and set pieces.

its working op

ill come back with some analysis like 50 posts in

>not liking the jar of piss
rest of the movie was shit though

Guys share you favorite scenes in the films so far?

MOS
>"Krypton had its chance" Phenomenal tragic moment both dew to Clark's sacrificing of his race for humanity & the destruction crashing the scout ship causes. Music is fantastic here (FUCK why didn't they release this track!), cgi is great and really gives you the impression your HIGH above the city when the scout ship banks downward.
>Clark meeting Jor-El
>Clark & Lois's goodbye when Clark is waiting to turn himself over to Zod.

BVS
>Clark holding on to Doomsday even after he sees the nuke coming.
>"I love you, this is my world, your my world"
>Batman rescuing Martha, easily the best Batman fight scene ever on film.

Why would he be drpressed, he loves fucking awesome movies.
Much better then hating on good shit for irrational reasons and being miserable like you campfag pieces of shit.

How the fuck was she even faintly "GIRL POWER"ery?

>>Sup Forums

Just because you dont understand the jar of piss symbolism doesnt make it bad

>What characters are in BvS? What development do they have? The fact is they have zero development. They stand around moping. We know nothing really about them. They don't grow or go anywhere.
Except lol...
>Batman coming to see Clark as a human and realizing his severe overreaction.
>Bruce restraining himself from the brutal fuck he has become.
>Clark coming to trust Bruce and see beyond his brutuality.
>Clark accepting this world and his love for Lois and being willing to die for them.

THE MEMES ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD

I understood that it was a jab at the audience for thinking Snyder's movies are delicious peach tea.

Ignore the shitposters.

I personally liked the religious motifs used in this film. I liked how they humanized superman.

His death meant alot of things really, one of them being he essentially became mortal, one of us.

>every character is the same
Stopped reading right there. Any fucker who says that Luthor=Batman=Superman is a fucking moron.

I especially like how it ended the same way it ended in the dark knight returns, sort off.

The heartbeats and all.

>1.jpg

>1.jpg

Could someone explain this 1.jpg meme to me?

>it's a 1.jpg post

1.jpg is a mad DCfag who spent months shilling about BvS' ''inminent'' success and how Civil War was going to fail.
After BvS, he started shilling about X-Men Apocalypse thinking it would beat CW.
He's probably the wrongest person in Sup Forums.

>Marvel has managed to make people care about these characters
No they haven't. Normies care about the movies but not the characters.

It's basically a forced meme that thinks anyone who defends the DCEU is all just one guy.

If they go watch those movies is because they like seeing Iron Man, Cap and the others.
People liking Iron Man as a character is what made the MCU possible.

Except lol:
>The whole Superman v. Batman is not built up at all.
>We don't really know what morals either one stands for apart from Batman being a bit more brutal (well Superman was still fucking brutal punching a guy straight through a wall in Africa and fucking those people up).
>Both actors don't really convey much emotion throughout the whole film.
>Clark still barely saves anyone.

Let me show you the issues I mean with Synder. In MoS we have a wandering Clark. This shit could have been used to explain who this Clark is. Instead we got itty bitty scenes of Clark here or there. Clark trashes some guy's lorry. Boring.

Now let us take one of those scenes and remake it, the oil rig scene.
>Image if Clark reveals his power to the fishermen to jump off the boat and go to rescue those people.
>Imagine him testing the limits of his power to hold the rig up to save everyone.
>Image the fishermen helping the people in the boat and him helping them push off.
What would we have? We would have shown a person willing to sacrifice themself. Who inspires others to help. What did we get? Nice CGI shot. That is it. It explains nothing. it serves no purpose.

The problem is: Batman v. Superman continues this trend. Okay Superman goes off to Mexico to save people. Again it is a nice shot. But it doesn't serve the story. It doesn't convey to us the message of what this Superman stands for. We get another broody face man. Sure we get this nice shot of people touching him but we don't get more.

Take the oil rig scene and apply the exact same thing to this one. Make it mean something. Give it some actual meaning and you'll make the characters actually be something beyond looking good in CGI and set pieces.

It isn't that hard to do. Look at some of the shots in BvS. Superman saves people from a shuttle. He pulls a ship through the ice. Nice shots. Tell us nothing.

Deep analysis, anyone got more?

They like the spectacle and famous actors.

>1.jpg asking for people to dump those copypastas and pics explaining why BvS isn't trash
You poor thing.

>They like the spectacle and famous actors.
Lots of films have spectacle and famous actors. It doesn't make them box office successes.

>Barely saves anyone
>DCEU Superman has basically saved the world four times and does nothing but save people.
>barely anyone

>Chris Evans
>Chris Hemsworth
>popular
RDJ wasn't that popular before Iron Man either.
Hell, Marvel has hired a lot of literally-who's.
Plus, you don't get to the billions only with that, BvS is the proof.

So what exactly is the context here?

Ignore the shitposting marvel guys, if you respond to them, it's successful bait.

Superman is not even close to being brutal you fucking pansy.

Barely saves people that we are shown. I am not talking about the events of MoS at the end.

Again you ignore the whole of my post before replying. How can anyone take you seriously.

The question is this - how can you become invested in the characters if you are given nothing to work with and them BOOM. Just a final set piece.

Clark becomes a journalist with no set up at the end of MoS. Then in BvS he hates the Batman when we don't know he real reasons or truly what Superman stands for.

Lois Lane isn't even given any real importance and it makes the whole "she is the key" really redudant.

You need to get invested in these characters. Not be shown more CGI.

So you can't take criticism of a movie without declaring it bait?

I enjoyed parts of the movie. It doesn't mean I don't have issues with it. Grow up kid.

>sees that no one is posting pics explaining why BvS isn't trash
>he has to do it himself
Sometimes I feel bad for you.

Superman just saved Lex from getting punched from his abomination.
>man from the sky intervene to save him from a fist of an abomination that he's the daddy to

Angry because you got banned in Sup Forums?

t. Disney shill

>See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; GOD TAKES SIDES! NO MAN IN THE SKY INTERVENED when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's FIST and ABOMINATIONS. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

Highlights how good superman is.

Lex creates an abomination that tries to punch him, but the man in the sky intervenes

>(well Superman was still fucking brutal punching a guy straight through a wall in Africa and fucking those people up).
Guy was going to kill the woman he loves and was a genocidal dictator and their wasn't much else he could so.
Heating up the gun could have set off the ammunition inside.
Speeding up to them and grabbing the gun could have harmed Lois as his speed isn't subtle like Quicksilver. Alot of force comes with him.
>Clark still barely saves anyone.
Any individual Kryptonian can kill the entire human race by hand so... so could Doomsday.
So him killing Doomsday potentially saved 7-8 Billion lives.

>We would have shown a person willing to sacrifice themself
I am pretty fucking sure him holding on to Doomsday even after seeing the Nuke coming and him actually sacrificing himself at the end showed that he was willing to do so.

>Sure we get this nice shot of people touching him but we don't get more.
Actually we do when he leans down to put the girl on the ground he seems happy and then when he realizes how the crowd is reacting to him he clearly becomes visibly uncomfortable.
He doesn't need to be in actual peril every time he saves someone.

Whats their left to find? Theres been essays written about every charcter and scene pretty much

Gotta wait for the ultimate cut

>character says something never happened to him
>thing happens a few scenes later
Wow deep and meaningful

The fuck are you smoking.

Everytime Superman is shown he is saving someone. The only time he shown not saving someone is at the senate bombing.
>saves the kids from drowning
>saves the oil workers
>saves the waitress from being harassed
>saves his mom
>saves the miltary pilot
>saves Meloni
>saves lois
>saves the world 4 times
>saves the girl in mexico
>saves the space shuttle
>saves people from a flood

I would call you WB shill, but we know they can't afford them.

It's not to meant to be deep and meaningful but an example of how the film was crafted.

Oh no, with the Ultimate cut people will try to make more essays to explain why the flick wasn't horrible.

Gotta love how religious symbolism is all that's left to salvage from Snyder's things.

This is advanced shitposting

24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before DAWN Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.

Is that pic from that Superman game that WB Montreal was rumored to be making?

BvS was an awful movie with some good ideas that were poorly executed and implemented, themes that were presented but not explored and pretty shit writing overall, bland score, uninteresting action scenes except for Batman stuff and prete tious symbolism that doesn't pay off at all within the movie.
I believe the ultimate cut will improve the movie, but not a single step beyond MCU-tier mediocrity.

That's pretty retarded.
I mean
>hey it finally happened!
Isn't exactly smart.

one of your very first point of arguemnt, that Superman barely saves anyone, is false so yeah I didn't even bother with the rest.

This is batman's motivation.
In this moment he knew superman had to be stopped, he orphaned a child in his eyes, his tragedy.

Not a word had to be said for us to understand why he was angry at superman.

>A Superman movie should be men on wires and not use cgi
Please burn in the depths of fucking hell!

>Superman movie CGI should be rendered on the Unreal Engine 3

Absolutely no one was wondering what Batman's motivation was.

Based. Cant wait for the ultimate cut.

Is bvs the most symbolic cape movie?

Why are you replying to yourself.

Iron_Man_with_helmet_off.CivilWar

Using cheap tricks?

Wow, thanks for explaining one of the few things that absolutely everyone understood in the first place.

Here's another one I found bros

*?

So it's a dumb cape film by a director with no talent who put religious symbolism in it.

I honestly like how the movies that Zack Snyder makes actually try to be more than shitty cape films.

What I hate is how so many people struggle to make sense of these movies when everything is literally spelled out inside the movie.
Like the Pa Kent thing. Everyone exaggerates it to be Pa Kent being a terrible father when its obvious that Pa Kent is overly protective of Clark. He doesn't want Clark to get found and experimented by the Government. That's literally the jist of it because a literal demigod arising causes people to go fucking ape shit.

For instance there are literally people on Sup Forums alone who think Superman should be saving people 24/7. Like half of the complaints about these movies are just people with either Asperger syndrome or a complete lack of empathy.

They even address it in the BvS movie as well. It's not that hard to grasp also why the fuck does everyone like to blast their shitty "NO INVINCIBLE SON" meme. How shitty a person do you have to be to assume your son can tank tornadoes in order to save your own life. It's literally incorporating the fact that you're in the audience and know more about Superman's powers and strengths than Pa Kent in the actual movie.

Pa Kent doesn't know that Clark can withstand a tornado and that isn't even the most of his concerns. He doesn't want Clark to fuck his life over even his sake.

Anyway excluding that the real lesson is that Clark still manages to risk his life for mankind despite overall being bigger than them. The same way his Pa sacrificed his life for a dog and his own adopted child. Pa Kent in MoS is pretty heroic and Clark goes on to follow his Pa's actions as opposed to his words.

It's a lot easier to tell Clark to go out and save everyone at his expense but its a lot harder to think of what that means on Clark as an actual person.
Everyone who goes and dehumanizes him because they view Supes as a god is a literal retard.

What does a Marvel movie have to do with this?

No you ignored all my points about characterisation.

But we didn't learn enough from those scenes. The movie almost always expects you to take a comic book interpretation of the characters and go nuts. They need to characterise these people to show you who they are. Otherwise there is no depth to anything.

The conflict just rings hollow because they don't build it up enough. I really think Henry Cavill could be a heck of a Superman if he was given something to work with aside from walk around making this face.

All the grand talk and pseudo intellectuallism fall flat when none of it is put into practice. We are never really given a taste of the current Superman status quo. Sure we have a MoS flashback to the fight in Metropolis. But who is Superman now?

The film continues to never answer this. Even Superman's death just feels like another meaningless thing.

Honestly I feel like people who really enjoyed Batman v Superman toil over to find meaning where there isn't any beyond speeches and bad CGI. We are never really truly given a taste of the world set in motion by these events nor the people who operate in them.

>Watch a few reviews people say there were tuning out during the movie at parts.
I can watch most movies and stay involved with the plot but if that's what some people are saying than they ready hate DC/WB or this was ready a badly paced movie.
Mind you I haven't seen it yet but all the noise from BvS movie goers makes me glad I didn't which is a shame.

Film is nothing but cheap tricks.

>actually try to be more than shitty cape films.

But they are still shitty cape films.
Only with some empty and cheap religious symbolism.

>Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good.

>he orphaned a child accidentally due to collateral damage from a supervillain attack he stopped all alone
>I hate him
This is a level of retardation you'd expect from a marvel movie

So basically, let's have a discussion over what BvS could have been?

There are many scenes that i really like, but there's a lot of stuff to cringe about.
I'd like to talk about it with my friends irl but i dont want to come off as one of the retards that call this kino.
I really liked it and i want to see what someone with good editing skills could make it a bit better.

There's X-men, even though it's subtle.

That's why I like fox and DC, they make you use your brain, they make you think

If you missed all those people that Superman saved than why would I ever think you know what characterization is? Clearly you're an idiot.

See like this post is stupid as fuck.
Superman saves so many people in both MoS and BvS. Not even including the fact that he saves the whole world in both those movies as well.
I'm invested in the characters because I view them as actual human beings.
The only real thing you have here is the journalist thing.
In BvS he obviously dislikes Batman's harsh methods and you're a fumbling retard if you couldn't see that. You know what Superman stands for its a simple stance. He literally just wants to help
It's all he's been doing since MoS
Lois Lane has a whole subplot and Clark literally tells Lois that she's his world before killing Doomsday.

You people literally do not pay attention to movies and its infuriating honestly.
I've only watched this movie once and it was around Easter. What the fuck is wrong with you guys

What do you think?

Note how the poster slightly resembles the nazi flag

>1.jpg is literally clinging to any movie that's not MCU out of pure anger at CW's success

Bats is asshole like that. He worked all his life being the best so now he sees everyone else as an amateur whonjust fucks things up.

No, reread the post.

Nah, this is just a therapy thread for that same long-winded Snyderfaganon's coping with the DCEU's poor performance.

We've been having these since Man of Steel's second weekend.
I shit you not.

All you can do is make memetic comments. They were great cape films and the symbolism wasn't empty at all.

You are literally just ignoring any meaning the symbolism has in the context of the movies. You won't even attempt to understand why they use it

>waifuscum

So the bad guys are symbolized with nazism.
Thanks for giving me an excuse to not watch this.
Very glad it's underperforming.

Also, what kind of manchild do you have to be to think some dumb capeshit movie will ever make you think?
It's just nerds on cosplay costumes beating bad guys.

>we didn't learn enough from those scenes
Speak for yourself retard.

It's religious symbolism so fans can make pics explaining how deep it is and shill the movie for free.
Thank god the DCEU is crumbling away if they have to use such tactics to have some sort of reputation among fans.

>underperforming
Best new neme word or best new meme new meme word?