Batman #1 preview

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikeljanin/status/720026500792217600
mikeljanin.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

End of preview

>All those silver age costumes

I know people hate Finch, but his art honestly isn't that bad.

Why Sup Forums hate Finch art again? Because I definitely prefer it over Janin.

I like it but it doesn't seem like King is writing towards Finch's strengths, the panel layout is bland and basic

also I hate the use of real names over comms

>I Wish you'd just give me your damn phone number

>I tried that and you made fun of me

Because it's house style.

>asking help to the JL

I thought Clark was dead at the moment

In two pages, you can see Bellaire's prowess with colors. Of all of the spiritual carryovers from Snyder's run, I'm glad good coloring is staying. This'll be a fun comic.

As for the paneling, yeah, I'm not too impressed. But there's still 15 more pages of this issue and -- with King more aware of Batman's status as a big comic -- it's likely that the best stuff won't be in the beginning.

Comics newbie here. What exactly does "house style" mean?

You know things exist and can be measured separately from each other right? You don't have to constantly "well it could've been worse" everything.

His art is shit, he has bare understanding of proportion, composition, lighting, sequesntial storytelling, and that's not even going to Sup Forums's favorite measurement of art, anatomy.

He's shit and so is Janin

Whoa shit, has Kobra been a thing in the New 52 yet?

"Better than Janin" doesn't mean shit considering Janin is shit as well.

>King writing
>Bellaire coloring
>Workman lettering
>Finch drawing

This looks way better than his other stuff he's done in the New 52.

These are some nice colors
Jordie's good

They were in the Katana mini

FCO > Bellaire

It's a blanket term people misuse when they don't like a particular artist.

It basically means a style that doesn't stand out. An artstyle that's so common in the industry that it becomes boring.

What a stinky opinion

>CIA man King crashes a plane in issue 1

Bane will survive the wreckage.

This was most likely written before DC decided on the order in which the Rebirth issues would come out. But anyway, Justice League comes out next week as well, right? Bruce will probably meet the new/old Clark in it.

No, it means a style so popular at a company/franchise editors actually seek out people that can draw same-looking stuff and/or are encouraging other artists to draw closer to it.

The most famous example would be some guy whose name escapes me redraw all Kirby Superman heads in Curt Swan's style

Is it just me or is this lettering ugly?

It's you and your face.

Aw, I like his safety belt.

Have we started the fire?

DC house style is the prototypical art style similar to Daniel, Finch and Jim Lee, 90% of the post rebirth comics are drawn that way (everything but Green Arrow, Teen Titans, Harley Quinn, Super Sons and Flash)

it's done to give the books a uniform sense of cohesion.

lots of thin lines, crosshatching and heavy black inks. characters are always drawn idealistic and the use of darker colors.

It looks better since he has a different inker than his usual self does.

No bully pls. I mean the spacing between letters just seems like it's too much. Or the letters themselves are too wide.

It's not unreadable but I don't like it.

This page doesn't even look like Finch, nice.

Finch is saved by Bellaire in this.

Ok guys, need some clarity here, is the new 52 done, and the new reboot is called dc universe rebirth? how often do they do reboots like this?

Huh. I just realized that they have basically turned Alfred into Oracle in Nu52. He's not explicitly a computer genius, but he does all the same things Oracle did in a Batman comic before.

New 52 continuity is continuing. Rebirth is a jump on point not a reboot.

>Kobra

First appearance post Flashpoint?

Learn the difference between "reboot" and "relaunch".

Literally google "is DC Rebirth a reboot" and look at the most recent links.

Please, tell your friends. This shouldn't be difficult to piece together, yet so many people on Sup Forums and Twitter and comic sites can neither read nor use a search engine.

It's done by hand, or at least there are some templates given in random combinations. Pretty sure it's by hand.

I think it goes great with any art, looks lively.

Umm.... Finch's art is kinda good here? what the hell is happening

dat credit box. what is up with this slopply lettering slipping through the Rebirth books?

the rest of the letters look off too but not bad enough

>the new 52 done
just about some books are finishing up over the next few weeks

>and the new reboot is called dc universe rebirth?
it's not a reboot, Rebirth just establishes that the New 52 happened on the Post Crisis Earth and not a new merged Earth and that the changes from the Post Crisis Earth to the New 52 were the deliberate result of an outside factors for nefarious reasons.

>how often do they do reboots like this?
They do events to reshape the DCU about once every 8 or nine years.

You are retarded quite simply

i don't get how people say finch is house style. he may not be great but he's certainly more unique than most uniform artists. he's got a muddier line, where his drawings almost sort of look like clay. he takes more influence from traditionalism in his work than say jim lee, who seems to have heavily borrowed from anime/manga of the action genre, and his line is more angular than finch's.

I think it's recalling old comics. the layouts remind me of old GI Joe comics.

Helluva good tease.

Banning/Bellaire are putting in work. This is going to be Finch's best looking work ever. None of these pages are ugly.

>Gordon, it's a fucking plane what do you expect me to do?

SNYDEFAGS BTFO. This run is gonna be fire senpai

I havent been this excited for an ongoing in a long time.

I have full faith this will be the best run since Morrison's.

Still better than Marvel house style. Which has sucked ever since the mid nineties.

mr seatbelts, i'm SIGN

he's Marc Silvestri's clone he was hatched from the House Style lab.

he's just working on a tablet now so line work just comes out naturally muddier by default.

Eh, Capullo is better than Finch.

And while normally I prefer the writer over the artist a good artist adds a lot and Capullo added a fuck ton to Snyder's run. Also, I actually enjoyed Snyder's run because I liked Joker as a Slasher villain, plus I really enjoyed Court of Owls and the second half of Zero Year.

Not going to argue about King being a better writer than Snyder though.

>actually not responding like a faggot

thank you, user.

I haven't been reading on new 52, maybe I should.

Just shut up.

Seriously, that's two references in five pages. If he does "with no survivors" we can safely assume he did his research after that twitter post

Wow, you really don't like Snyder do you?

He's house style, but so is Coipel yet he never gets called out on it.

I don't think there was time for him to alter scripts that quickly with the double shipping. It's just hypercrisis.

Who is Coipel going after?

he's the devil!

It's a particular art style that you can easily reconize and associate to a publisher immediatly.
I can't think of any publisher without a house style

Nothing turns peoplenhere into snot nosed mewling faggots like daring to enjoy anythuing snyder did.

Yes, the fire rises!

Where did all this Janin hate come from? His Superman and JL Dark art didn't feel right, but his Grayson work fit perfectly.

Coipel has been doing Marvel for 10 years they don't have an uniform house style, next to Marques, Ramos, Land and Henderson his stuff looks unique.

Fuck it; I liked Snyder's run. Plus Capullo's art was ace. Some of my favorite depictions of Batman have come from Capullo's pencils.

From the fact that he's working for DC. We ignored him until now because DC wasn't selling well but they're going to get a temporary boost from Rebirth.

Poser

Fit what? Was it "Adventures in Batman's Web 3.0"?

>next to Marques, Ramos, Land
It looks similar

DCYou tanked and took all the fans who can't tell when something is traced using 3D poser with them.

Copiel's art looks like Humberto Ramos?!?

my dude please get your eyes checked.

I hated his use of joker but I dug court of owls and zero year. And yeah capullos art is fucking amazing. I dint get complaints about him at all

>we

Fuck off

A bit. Looks more like Marquez. Either way, if you're going to push the meme of Reis being a Lee clone despite the fact that their drawn style is different and Reis is clean while Lee is very pencil heavy then sure.

Snyderfags running rampant in this post already holy fuck

I grew to like him, he's a beast but the art was very cartoonish and coloring was very bright which pretty much went against the previous 30 years of Batman comics.

Reis is more of a Neal Adams shitty clone than anything

You're joking, right? Batman has been brightly colored and cartoonish consistently overmthencharacters long history.

twitter.com/mikeljanin/status/720026500792217600
Fuck off with your shitty meme.

That literally doesn't disprove anything

I like FCO's neon coloring over Bellaire's moody one. Also FCO has more range than Bellaire.

>Drawing traditionally
>poser
Like I said, fuck off with you meme.

Bellaire gets more credit than she deserves because she's a woman. She's not that great of a colorist.

I forgot this was a preview as I was reading, guess I just have to wait to see of Bruce can stop a fucking plane

He won't be able to. The cover characters Gotham and Gotham Girl will stop the plane, introducing the idea of these two metas who feel they're able to save Gotham from what Bruce can't.

>Drawing traditionally
Are you blind? It's a poser model

She's better than literally 90% of any other Big 2 colorists. And this is a legit argument because colorists are still underappreciated and exposing her more along with other cool people would lead to more people understanding coloring and better colorists getting hired

what?

You do realize he pasted that onto a blank interiors page, right? Hence, why the stuff in the box is grayed and the outside is white.

Janin doesn't hide the fact that almost 100% of what he draws is digital. Take that fact, with the obvious Poser models, and it's pretty obvious that he uses them.

See: mikeljanin.com/

She's not better than Loughridge, Fco or Ivan Plascencia, Dave Stewart or Marcelo Maiolo. She just does a lot of work, and sometimes her work plain sucks too.

I would even take Mccaig and Anderson over her. But she's better than most of big 2 colorist, that's a fact.

If they want to complement women colorist, Laura Martin and Ivan Plascencia are better than her.

>Ivan Plascencia
>Woman
What

Gotham (the new hero) is actually Bill 'CIA' Wilson. He survived the crash and gained superpowers. Gotham Girl was another victim of Bane's plane crashing spree, but survived like Bill.

Kobra is going to be in Nightwing too