The real hero of the tale

Why does that useless cunt Frodo get the credit when this guy literally did everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gl3vuQLrKM
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Aman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Real heroism isn't about taking credit. Sam just wanted to smoke his pipe and bang hobbit cuties, it's why he could give up the ring - it had nothing to offer him (outside of like one vision that he "nopes" out of).

It may not seem like it user, but Frodo was holding onto the ring for almost 3 years, 3 years of it sowing deceit and hatred in his head, it's all well and good that Sam managed to buck off its control when he held it for a few minutes but Frodo was suffering for a long ass time.

The entire journey took less than a year in the films.

uh the real hero was teamwork

>3 years
It's closer to twenty.

He does get a fair amount of credit, to be honest

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gl3vuQLrKM

>you'll never go on a grand adventure with your heterosexual life partner

yeah, it is always a little jarring going back to the books and realizing that Gandalf was gone for 20 years, and Frodo starts his journey in his 40s.

Mainly because Frodo is the only reason Sam does all that heroic shit. Otherwise, Sam wouldn't have even been around.

why did they write them as faggots in the movie?
in the books you can see it's about loyalty, friendship and camaraderie and brother-like bond but in the movie they act as gay people always on the verge of tears, begging etc.

>It's closer to twenty.

Nah, brah. It took only seven months between when Frodo left the Shire to when he reached Orodruin. He left in September of 3018 TA. He didn't reach Orodruin until March of 3019 TA.

>Sam managed to buck off its control when he held it for a few minutes

He had it for about a week at the least. He spent a long time trying to figure out how to sneak into Cirith Ungol. He even used the ring a couple times during that period.

Bilbo gave up the ring to Frodo in 3001; Frodo left the Shire in 3018.

> Frodo left the Shire in 3018.

Yeah, I said that. And the journey to Orodruin only took him seven months. Not twenty.

>Frodo was holding onto the ring for almost 3 years
>It's closer to twenty
>Nah, brah. It took only seven months between when Frodo left the Shire to when he reached Orodruin

My initial point was that Frodo had been holding onto the ring for almost 20 years by the time he got to Mordor. You're implying that he left on his journey as soon as he was given the ring, but really he had been in possession of it for about 17 years by the time he left the Shire.

>but really he had been in possession of it for about 17 years by the time he left the Shire.

But he never touched it during that time. He tucked it away like Gandalf told him to and even forgot about it.

Yes, it was, by right of ownership (if you're excluding Sauron as it's actual owner), in his possession for twenty years. But he only actually had it with him, on his person, for seven months (excluding the potential week to two weeks Sam had it). The ring did literally nothing to him for the 98% of the time he owned it for.

He literally carried it with him everywhere.Don't ever correct me on LotR.

That means the Ring was in his possession for 17 fucking years.

>Get that sweet thicc Rosey pussy
>Get to inherit Frodo's moneys
>Get to become Mayor
>Kings bow to him
>Get to fuck off to the Undying Lands
>Not get any credit
Kys

The ring was buried in an envelope for 17 years.

>Don't ever correct me on LotR.

Nothing in those pages, unless I missed something, says or even implies he had it on him the whole time.

Orc Posting

Oh shit, man. Why didn't you say you were illiterate? Now I feel bad for arguing with a retard.

Why do you have to put the ring on your finger to activate it? You are still wearing it if you have it around your neck as a necklace.

He kept it attached to a chain in his pocket. The idea that it just sat in an envelope is only in the movie. Frodo may not have used the Ring in those 17 years, but he certainly kept it on his person, because when Gandalf unexpectedly returns it just happens to be in Frodo's pocket on a chain attached to his fucking pants.

Sam gets cuck'd so hard.
Not only does he do all the work and endure endless suffering, when it comes time to hand out tickets to eternal life, Gandalf and everyone else are like "no, fuck you, go home and enjoy your mortality and PTSD."

>You are still wearing it if you have it around your neck as a necklace.

You must be fun at weddings.

Samwise the Brave! Samwise the Strong!

>Gandalf and everyone else are like "no, fuck you, go home and enjoy your mortality and PTSD."

You do know that he actually sailed west decades later, right?

Samwise the Long Dong Monkey Kong!

>when it comes time to hand out tickets to eternal life, Gandalf and everyone else are like "no, fuck you, go home and enjoy your mortality and PTSD."

Frodo got to live out the rest of his life without pain, but he did die, and like all mortals his spirit left Middle Earth. Samwise got married, had many children, was Mayor of the Shire, planted a Mallorn tree, and when he got old, was given permission to go to Valinor like Frodo. He was a ring-bearer as well.

He did raise a family though.

Elves and maia are naturally immortal. Just because Frodo and Bilbo were allowed to sail to Valinor doesn't mean they were granted immortality, as only Illuvitar can grant such a thing. Frodo and Bilbo still would have died of old age.

I had always assumed that passing into Valinor was basically them shedding their corporeal existence. That they didn't quite die, in the conventional sense, but just transferred to an ethereal state and spend the rest of eternity as such.

>...certain 'mortals', who have played some great part in Elvish affairs, may pass with the Elves to Elvenhome...I have said nothing about it in this book [The Lord of the Rings], but the mythical idea underlying is that for mortals, since their 'kind' cannot be changed for ever, this is strictly only a temporary reward: a healing and redress of suffering. They cannot abide for ever, and though they cannot return to mortal earth, they can and will 'die' - of free will, and leave the world. —Letter 154

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Aman

Oh. Okay. All this time I thought Valinor was what lied beyond death. That anyone who crossed with the blessing of the Valar, or Eru, was pretty much skipping death and going straight to heaven. Apparently that wasn't the case.

The journey, yes. But that didn't begin until Gandalf returned to Frodo to explain what the ring was. From the time Bilbo left to the time that Frodo started the journey it had been years.

though I guess since Tolkien implies they can die out of their own free will, they are functionally immortal.

I always understood Valinor to be a type of heavenly afterlife as well.

Reminds me to think whether or not that new Tolkien book is worth it.

Because Frodo was the privileged aristocrat, like Merry and Pippin, and Sam was just his lowborn servant, who wasn't even worthy of being named in the account of the Quest of the Ring in the Silmarillion.

>"For Frodo the Halfling, it is said, at the bidding of Mithrandir took on himself the burden, and alone with his servant he passed through peril and darkness and came at last in Sauron’s despite even to Mount Doom; and there into the Fire where it was wrought he cast the Great Ring of Power, and so at last it was unmade and its evil consumed."

>forces Sam to ask rosie for a dance

Samwise owed Based Frodo

Orcs represented atheists.

Aman is referred to as the Undying Lands because only naturally immortal people are allowed to live there with few exceptions. There is no heaven in Arda, the closest thing is the Halls of Mandos which is more like purgatory where men wait for their role in the Dagor Dagorath.

>He doesn't know LotR is a Christfag story
An hero thyself!

>I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you
Samwise will never be your bro.
Nice dubs btw

Who even watched these movies and didn't think Sam was amazing ? Also if you talkshit Frodo you missed the entire point, he was corrupted by the most powerful and evil thing. Maybe Sam would not have the strength in his position. They all had an equally important purpose.