Spielberg is going to ruin this movie

I wish the Duffer Bros. have directed but it's too late now. They would have been perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesupernaughts.com/columns/fact/fuck-steven-spielbergfact/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't ruin something that's already shit.

That's the Big Bang Theory of books

Except Stranger Things is just a rip off of 80's Spielberg and Stephen King movies.

Spielberg is probably going to save this shit by removing all the autism, the book is legitimately garbage

The book was utter garbage. I felt embarrassed to have read it

/thread

GET READY FOR MY CAMEO BITCHES

>I memorized every last Bill Hicks stand up routine

Someone got paid more money than you'll see in your entire lifetime to write that.

Just drop the nukes already.

OP, Steven Spielberg is now a broken down hack. I wrote an article about why called FUCK STEVEN SPIELBERG!!!FACT!!! thesupernaughts.com/columns/fact/fuck-steven-spielbergfact/

You know people will still eat it up because it has all the juicy 80s references kids like these days.

I know the book it's on the 50 shades territory, but it has a lot of potential for a film. And the Duffer Bros do not try to shove 80 references like, lets say, Adam Sandler's Pixels. They do it more organic.

Shit taste, OP

Cringe'y content aside, the book does definitely seem like it was written more as a screenplay than an actual "book" book.

I really wanted to enjoy this book, but...

"Fat black lesbian" just ruined the whole damn thing. I mean, come the fuck on.

This book is literally redddit. This isn't even hyperbole. This book is the most redddit piece of shit ever. You have stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide which is reddit af but it still has some quality to it. But this. This is soooo bad.

If you like this book you belong to reddit. This site just isn't for you. I'm sure reddit would be a much more gratifying experience where you can post among your ilk and get more out of their posting styles and humor.

>implying the first half with the second life-ish gameplay and easter egg hunt wasn't comfy as fuck

Yeah, I know man. That's what I'm saying. It could have been so good. Pretty awesome premise. But Cline wrote the damn book like he was purposefully trying to make a cringefest with all his sooper k00l 80's references and shit..

If the same premise but a more serious rewrite of this book came out, I'd read it.

more reddit than the martian?

A cunt hair more.

This comment is reddit

waste of dubs the whole story is a faggot nerdgasming about 90s pop culture like a spaz

how would you know, redditor?

An hero kiddo

>“I wish someone had just told me the truth right up front, as soon as I was old enough to understand it. I wish someone had just said: “Here’s the deal, Wade. You’re something called a ‘human being.’ That’s a really smart kind of animal. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. This happened by a process called evolution, and you’ll learn more about it But trust me, that’s really how we all got here. There’s proof of it everywhere, buried in the rocks. That story you heard? About how we were all created by a super-powerful dude named God who lives up in the sky? Total bullshit. The whole God thing is actually an ancient fairy tale that people have been telling one another for thousands of years. We made it all up. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. “Oh, and by the way … there’s no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Also bullshit. Sorry, kid Deal with it.”
― Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

>kiddo
I'm 19 years old, junior.

Go back to watching teletubbies, this board is for sophisticated television.

I literally cut friends out of my life for recommending that book.

It's literally as if someone printed out a page of reddit.

It's an atheist fedora cringefest anyway. Any changes to the book can only improve it.

>wah he's going to ruin my ya baby book

It's literally shit on the level of like Divergent except for boys this time

How the fuck can you be both young enough to have read it and liked it and old enough to still fucking care about it now?

>Spielberg is going to ruin this movie
>I wish the Duffer Bros. have directed

So "Spielberg is bad, I wish two guys who blatantly just copied Spielberg could have directed instead".

Wut?

Fuck you guys, I thought it was a fun read. Looking forward to what Spielberg does with it

>2017
>reading book

Boycott this cultural appropriation

>You have stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide which is reddit af

No, the original radio serial and books are great. It's the millennial "lel 42 xD" cunts you're thinking of.

What the actual fuck

He's not wrong though.

I enjoyed reading it for what it was.

The whole book was like that

He can't stay true to the 80s aesthetic of the video games. Dungeons of Daggorath was impressive for its time but will look like shit in a modern movie.

Having her play the avatar doesn't break lore. Depicting her irl like that would .

me too actually enjoyed it a lot

How do you even adapt something that's almost entirely reference based without paying a truckload in royalties

how edgy

Reddit Pleb OP. Go back.

So this...is geek power....woah...it really...is ... something

The book is a massive pile of shit.

The god thing is true but it's done to keep civilizations from destroying themselves
Now look outside and see the 'evolutionist' society

god this is so fucking gay

Look I don't call things "Reddit" very often, but this book is as Reddit as it fucking gets.
Vapid appreciation for 80's pop culture and video games that never goes beyond the surface, with some dumb plot around using pop culture to solve clues in order to inherit some pseudo-Steve Jobs fortune. Let's not forget the fedora tipping.
Also let's not forget the climax of this book is literally all the heroes and all the protagonists get into Japanese mechs and fight over a castle.
Also let's not forget that Steven Spielberg will be directing this, which means instead of producing something new or good he's going to direct an adaptation of a bland circlejerk around pop culture he helped create. I guess it's good branding but it feels like the most cynical thing in the world.
Also let's not forget that if anyone told me they actually liked this novel irl I wouldn't do anything because I'm not retarded but I would never take that person seriously again and every time I saw that person in my head I would just see them bent over on their bed reading this trash and just kind of nodding along like the dull dull spacer they are.

This reads like something made by an especially uncreative 15 year old