ITT: Comics characters who originally had shitty, generic costumes before gaining their iconic looks

ITT: Comics characters who originally had shitty, generic costumes before gaining their iconic looks

The obvious is Batman but there's probably some contrarian who thinks otherwise.

Kind of ironic, though.

Jesus fucking christ. This is an eyesore. Whoever came up with this shit should've been shot for it.

A lot of Bat's baddies seem to have started out as "guy in a suit with a mask"

That outfit looks better with Natasha as a redhead.

thats pretty cool for what it was

Didn't they switch Black Mask back to wearing a mask with the Nu2 instead of the Red Skull thing he had going?

Most of the X Men

Iceman's costume never really changed.

Yeah and they gave him the most retarded mask possible

Fuck you

That's because he was just naked all the time.

It did a bit.
He's become more jagged as time went on and originally he was just a nigga covered in snow.
Oh and I forgot Beast used to just be a beefy dude.

>Black Mask is now a gimp

He did look normal before Capullo redesigned him.

Fucking Greg

I know Sup Forums adores Capullo, but I honestly think a lot of his character redesigns have been really bad.

Hey, at least he kept suit and didn't devolve to some weird BDSM gear.
How come? Which one you didn't like the most?

>Iceman's boots
Holy shit!

His mutation was becoming a clown.

Don't be a noob.

>He doesn't like Jay's costume

fuck off. this place isnt for people like you

That looks more iconic than generic black jumpsuit, people just recognise her more now becuase of the movies

Only thing wrong was that the football tights became blue jeans.

>The core of Black Mask's design is that he wears a mask made of his dad's casket
>now he has a leather mask

lobdell's going to ruin him and bizzaro

I like that way better than her current costume, although the red hair is better

he looks so sad

>Don't talk to me or my son ever again

>implying
Adult Iceman has his own costume in ANAD.

It's probably now made out of his dad's skin, or something.

Wow, that us awful. Also, I'm getting really sick of New 52 Red Hood. It's not a bad design, just painfully generic, it's like the first thing you can possibly come up with when you think "how to make a badass mercenary Batman". I'm starting to warm up to how he originally looked. Goofy as hell, but also has some class to it and is just a more fun design and gimmick.

>penance
>iconic

>Jesus fucking christ. This is an eyesore. Whoever came up with this shit should've been shot for it.
Primary colours are used back in the old days for a reason. You need the protagonist to be clearly identified even when he or she is just a smudge on a zoomed out page. And Primary colours are more clearly printed with the shitty printers and shitty paper they had back then.

You can go right to he'll sir!

It's not the primary colors, it's the lack of balance. It's nothing but red and yellow, with no blue to break it up except for the hands, which just makes the whole thing look worse. It's actually painful to look at.

What the fuck are you talking about?

That's not Widow's original design and she only had it for a handful of appearances but OK.

>that Iron Man face on the corner

Don Heck was garbage on the whole but goddamn could he draw a woman.

Look at his Widow vs. Kirby's on that cover

Tbh, Kirby suffered from sameface.

Yea, samebadface

But isn't that picture of the Joker

Are you baiting?

That image is fake user.

Is it really fair to say a character had a shitty initial design when you're talking about an artist's preliminary sketch that literally a handful of people have scene that was never even close to being printed?

>Coming of hulk
>Looks like he came at least a good minute ago.

Nigga got that post-fap shame face going on. Either he failed his no-fap streak or he just upgraded to dirtier shit.

>ooga booga where da futa at.

what the fuck is wrong with that second panel

She just looks like Black Canary. Will Marvel ever stop their thieving