The best comic book show of all time honestly

The best comic book show of all time honestly.

Is that show actually any good? It's a non-Vince Gilligan show on AMC so I just assumed it was shit

it's pretty great. solid cast/acting. jackie earle haley puts in an amazing performance.

All of the fake accents are total dogshit, and the only character who feels like the comic book counterpart is Cassidy.

Slow, stupid, poorly directed, poorly scripted. Embarrassing.

Wanna fight mate?

first season was ok

>op is never not a faggot

it is a worse adaptation of a comic book ip than stallone's judge dredd

i didnt read the comic, but i watched season 1 and had trouble with the tone changing from drama to slapstick comedy. it made me laugh, but the shit with the town blowing up was kind of a slap in the face after setting up all those characters

is it a good adaptation?

lolno

NEED MORE SAINT OF KILLERS! I really like the actor they found for him.

it needs cancellation, this shit show made steve dillon die of pure sadness

I'm excited for the next season

kys shill

Season one was, with a couple of exceptions (mainly the character played Jackie Earle Healy), entirely original content.

Basically the producers saw how the first seven issues (the first TPB) was very weak and opted to borrow from a later arc (Salvation) and create a glorified "Season Zero" to introduce the characters.

In the comic, the first issue basically is set up. Custer hates his life as a preacher because the town is full of shitheads and if he ever tried to leave, his grandmother and her henchmen would torture him and beat him until he was broken all because she insists that all male offspring in her family must work in the church as ministers.

Custer merges with Genesis and everyone in town, who are all in church, are killed off when the merger happens. Custer then meets by chance, both Cassidy and his ex-Tulip, and they decide to hunt down God at the end of the issue

The season jetisoned the entire backstory of Custer and Tulip, with Tulip herself being such a completely different character that she defines the concept of "IN NAME ONLY" (TV show Tulip is a scheming bitch from hell raised by her hooker mom in a brothel. Comic Tulip was raised by her father, a gun nut after her mom died giving birth to her; her dad wanted a son more than anything but upon seeing her, accepted her and decided that her being a girl would not keep her from learning how to use guns and shit and her becoming a hit woman when her father died in her late teens).

In particular, Custer in the comic already hates God and Genesis is his excuse to hunt down God in real life. In the show, they decided Custer can't start out as an edgy athiest and have him abusing the Word to make everyone a better christian until his actions start backfiring due to him not realizing how literal the power of the Word is and the final reveal that God has abandoned Heaven.

Also, Arseface has been co-opted into the role of Custer's spiritual advisor becaus John Wayne is too racist.

this looks interesting. wish the main characters were more handsome though.

>Cass
>not wearing sunglasses
Fucking pick one. I don't know why they had to fuck it up so much. The only god damn thing they had to do was follow the comics.

They can't just make a white blonde a nigress and get away with it. Also, John Wayne doesnt say anything racist in the comics as far as I remember.

Why didnt season 1 just utilize flashbacks for the backstory instead of making us sit through all the drawn out bullshit? Almost quit the damn season

I like it. I can understand why they went with the way they did for season one rather than following the comic but I hope they get back pretty close to the comic in this new season.

don't skip your adhd meds, pepe

As a big fan of the comic, I really enjoyed what they did with the show. My only real complaint is that, in one season, they essentially just remade the first issue with bits and pieces thrown in from later issues.

We just leave the town at the end of the season; while in the comic, Jesse blows up the church and hits the road in the first issue.

Not a major complaint, just an odd pacing issue I noticed I guess.

It would've worked better because I'm betting a lot of people dropped the show because of the drawn pace and were tired for waiting for the action to happen

To think Invincible is gonna be made by the clowns in charge of this unfaithful shit stain.

I can't think of anyone worse to be honest.

>honestly
I doubt that.

It was a questionable choice spending the whole first season focusing on Annville to the point that I actually started to become invested in some of the characters there, only to wipe the slate clean and become the road trip that the comic apparently started as right off the bat. They would've had to get the show on the road eventually anyway, but we're really just never going to see characters like Quincannon ever again?