Friday the 13th

Who is the best Jason and why is it Part 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/
youtube.com/watch?v=P4WybuBSqOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

El memeos le autist xoxoxo

Part 6 - 8 are peak Jason

>Teleports behind you
>pssh pssh pssh haa haa haa
>Nothing personal kid

>bag Jason
>best Jason

pick one. Bag Jason looks corny as shit.

I like the practical look, and it's one of the few movies were he has something resembling a motivation.

Part 3, the human thumb. Part 6 too because he's just ready to fuck shit up.

Hey guys, can I be in this thread?

Game might not be great, but it was worth it for this and the music Harry Manfridini did.

If you get the right group of people together it's pretty fucking great and leads to a lot of hilarious antics.

I wasn't trying to say it was bad, but it's got some rough edges that in-time will be fixed. It's just for now it's kind of bare bones.

Still fucking great for what it is.

Oh I agree. The three maps are a little too samey and there's some bugs to be fixed but it has some great potential

>mfw Jason X level with Uber Jason

Good news for you.

It's obviously X my dood

It's ki ki ki ma ma ma

Czech yourself, faggot

I just can't like Thumb Jason from 3. He's just goofy.

It's a meme you dip.

I guess I just like his design more than his behavior.

At least we all know the worst.

I dunno, Part 9 is a thing. Also FvJ.

>tfw liked freddy vs jason

Come on, it was alright for what it was.

This. I love that they gave him a utility belt in Jason Lives.

The plot was pretty stupid but when they actually got to Freddy and Jason fighting it was bretty gud.

best tits in the series?

I guess, but Jason not using anything but a Machete to kill people kind of killed any F13 fanservice. Feels like Nightmare on Elm Street got the best treatment with Robert England playing Freddy.

The whole thing with Jason being afraid of water was dumb. I get why it was a thing, but I still hated it.

Being afraid of water would make sense for pre-resurrection Jason but not after he came back as an uncaring demon.

Well the director only watched the first movie.

Vera from 3D is objectively the best Friday girl.

I think it was psychological. More of a mental thing. Plus it gave off the duality of the two. One born from fire and the other water. I liked it.

My dad looks like he could be Robert Englands brother. Dead serious.

Is Shelley /ourguy/?

Definitely and the movie would have been much better if he and Vera had been the main characters.

Plus Jason Lives was a tribute to old Universal monster movies. Jason comes back to life via electric shock and they have to defeat him by returning him to his original resting place in the lake.

I think it was the third or fourth movie where he comes back to life after being chained to the bottom of a lake. The wet clothes, his skin all rotten and black, plus the dude that played him was a great choice in terms of body build.

That was part 7 actually.

Water damaged Jason always disturbed me as a kid.

I like Part 8 Jason for that reason.

He looked pretty cool in part 8. They gave him a new mask and he was always slimy looking.

Best mask: Hell
Best outfit: part 7 (also second best mask)
Best face: part 3
Best physical performance: part 8

It's very dependent on getting a Jason who's not a faggot that teleports everywhere and instantly choke kills everyone like anime the hedgehog.

Yeah, I hope the devs make some changes to Jason to stop that.

When I'm Jason I almost never "win" in the end. It's much more fun for me to setup a big "escape" where the counselors have to overcome me to get away. Of course some of them have to die.

Shame the movie itself wasn't better.

Kane Jason was too small so they had to go with a different actor

I sold a code for this skin for 250 dollars on ebay, suckers

They didn't even get to Manhattan.

I absolutely love the part 7 design the exposed spine and bones looks awesome.

They were briefly chased through Times Square but that was about it.

Yes a burlap sack is creepier than a hockey mask. Have you read Butcherface?

I hope Friday the 13th is the next meme movie we constantly discuss on Sup Forums
I know the movies range from corny to shit, but I love them for what they are. Really hope we get another sequel soon.

I heard people paying like double that price for that skin.

>it's low budget first person camera shit

It would be pretty hard to come up with an idea for a sequel and we've already rebooted it. Really no idea where it would go from here.

The only movies I consider shit are parts 5 and 9. The rest are at least fun to watch.

Also, there was a movie in the works but it was scrapped because it was shit. The leaked script is awful.

I heard that canned the sequel because the ring sequel didn't do well.

I wonder why, maybe because the two leads couldn't even act, especially the guy?

>With the tentative title Friday the 13th: Part 13 on the front cover, Guzikowksi’s aborted script begins at Camp Crystal Lake in 1977. Two young camp counselors, Jeff and Sandra (an homage to the characters from Part 2, but not the same characters) are murdered in the opening sequence by a killer wearing a sack mask. The young lovers climb atop the camp’s fire lookout tower; the masked man slashes Jeff’s Achilles tendons while he’s scaling the ladder, sending him plummeting to his death, and from the very top of the tower, he also tosses Sandra to her death.

>The masked killer, it’s pretty safe to assume, is none other than Jason Voorhees, as he looks much the same way Jason did in Friday the 13th: Part 2. But we soon find out this is actually Elias Voorhees, Jason’s father. Yes, the new film was to essentially present Elias as the original Jason Voorhees.

>The first 40-or-so minutes of the new Friday the 13th were going to delve into the backstory of the Voorhees family, providing us with our first ever meeting with ole Elias; the character has popped up in comic books, but never in the movies. The script simply describes Elias, the camp’s park ranger, as a “large man,” and he claims five victims throughout the first half of the film. Elias is then himself killed by camp cook Pamela Voorhees, who is sent into a violent rage in the years after her beloved son goes missing – it doesn’t help that Elias was cheating on Pamela.

>As for young Jason, he’s written as a sympathetic character who wears a white medical mask to cover his hideously deformed face. A new addition to the mythology, Jason is also fed by his mother through a feeding tube. He’s sixteen years old in 1977, and as you’d probably expect, the other kids at camp ruthlessly pick on him. Eventually, their torment leads to his “death.”

cont.

>>The film was set to slightly reimagine Jason’s drowning. In this version of events, the older counselors, tripping on acid, take him along with them on a boat adventure; armed with a Super 8 camera, they cruelly unmask Jason and capture it all on film. Running away, Jason attempts to swim from a nearby island back to his home at Crystal Lake, but of course, he drowns.

More then likely but its not like they need to make anymore Friday the 13th movies the old ones still hold up today as slasher movies.

Well almost all the movies take place at camps, its going to feel samey.

That said they could have more diverse escape options between the maps, even if buildings are reused.

I think there was a script floating around that would have combined Jason with the found footage genre. That's not entirely a bad idea but found footage is currently really played out.

Exactly, there would be enough alternate ways to escape that could be put in.

Here's the source.
bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/

The original

So 2.

Fuck it Sup Forums let's write our own Friday the 13th movie. We'll need a setting, characters, and a plot. Let's cast this bitch. We need,
The Rich Jerk
The Jock
The Nerd
The Geek
The Stoner
The Good Girl
The Slut
The Female Jock
The Goth/Edgy kid
The Average Joe
Should we roll for it?

how long before we get a cruise ship dlc map inspired by the ship from Jason goes to Manhattan.

>The Nerd
>The Geek
Same fucking thing

Forgot pic

Shit man I forgot about that movie and I been meaning to watch it as well.

I think the only other map they've talked about was the spaceship from Jason X.

Maybe it's because I only started watching the franchise very recently at an adult age, but I thought the reboot was surprisingly good. I mean, it was a bit forced at couple of places, like when he finds the hockey mask and just decides to put it on, but otherwise pretty fun.

I much rather a cruise ship map then a fucking spaceship But like you said looks like were going to get a Jason X dlc.

Reminder that the 2009 reboot takes place in the same universe as Michael Bay's Transformers.

Umm.. wut?

It's not bad, it's just unnecessary. It doesn't do anything new nor does it feel like it belongs with the originals.

so all his movies are set in his own universe the Bayverse.

Trent is also in the first Transformers movie. Same character name and everything.

Violet best girl.

Does that mean the events that happen in the 2009 movie happened after the transformers movie he was in ?

Presumably Trent went off to college after Transformers and ultimately meets his end at Crystal Lake.

>Survive worldwide apocalypse of the giant robot wars
>Get killed by a retard at a lake

What shitty luck.

Oh shit, I might have to watch this. Charles B. Pierce did Boggy Creek 2, one of my favorite MST3K episodes.

Jason in 7 is best. The look of Jason in 8 is the worst.

Dude gets some prime pussy between those movies. Good on him.

he wasn't even that much of a jerk either think about it he girl took off with some random guy that she obviously had the hots for. His friends had no respect for his parents cabin or even him, yet I was suppose to dislike the character why because he is rich and good looking.

Rewatching the series for the first time since they came out now and holy shit I forgot Cory Feldman was Tommy Jarvis.

>Fucked Megan Fox in high school
>Redhead in college, probably others before her
>last fuck is the hot friend of his girlfriend with some very nice tits
Not a horrible way to go out.

Friday the 13th: Jason Lives is the best of the series. Period

I'm in the mood to watch the remake now.
youtube.com/watch?v=P4WybuBSqOM

>Megan Fox leaves him for Sam
>Moves on with his life, and starts dating again
>Treats his new girlfriend and friends to a trip for the weekend
>His next girlfriend ditches him for some random asshole
>His dipshit friends trash his parents' vacation house, and take his boat out

His only sin was respecting his parents, and getting laid after his current gf was clearly stepping out on him.

His best acting was in this movie.

It scared the shit out of me as a child. Mainly because I live there, but still scared shitless.

terrible actor though

Yet they killed him in the worst way possible because fuck Trent even though he did nothing wrong.

Not my cup of tea. Rather have a final girls reunion, though I'd imagine they'd recast them.

I've asked this in other Friday threads, but why is there such a strong attraction to her? I like her too, but I liked the other girls in her movie more, so what am I missing?

Honestly, that isn't horrible. It's kind of a slap to the face to be like, "jej it was Jason Sr. the entire time" but it's a cool idea for a movie franchise that's trying to reboot with the originals still in canon while giving a breath of fresh air into the villain we are used to.

I love the Friday the 13th movies but they are by no means the pinnacle of story telling in a horror series. Fuck, Jason isn't even the killer in two of them already for Christ's sake.

But, on the other hand, I'm also sure they would fuck this all up somehow too.

Part 3 was the best
The only time that had me scared was the cheap jump scare at the end of the first and his mask falling off in part 3

Making Elias the killer in Part 5 would have actually been pretty cool. Instead we got the paramedic imposter Jason.

>Fuck, Jason isn't even the killer in two of them already for Christ's sake.

And V is universally agreed to be bad and a mistake.